The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

tyre pressure monitoring system

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:07 AM
Reaction score
This is the tyre pressure and temp sensor part number GRA-4E00-019540
The GRA-4E00-019540 number I can't find in the Continental parts list. Is that part number an Ineos one or a manufacturers one.

Googling seems to pull zero references to it.

I have asked my agent a couple of times to see if can assist but no doubt have their hands full. Also the standard Ineos response of 'I have relayed your enquiry to the relevant team.....'.

I'm concerned that when I swap my wheels and tyres over then I'm going to have a plethora of bings/bongs/warnings. Definitely do not want to have to take the tyres off again to fit sensors at a later date. Also will be interesting to see how any news ones are 'paired' to the main frame.

mmmmmm.

Telliottaus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:07 AM
Reaction score
The GRA-4E00-019540 number I can't find in the Continental parts list. Is that part number an Ineos one or a manufacturers one.

Googling seems to pull zero references to it.

I have asked my agent a couple of times to see if can assist but no doubt have their hands full. Also the standard Ineos response of 'I have relayed your enquiry to the relevant team.....'.

I'm concerned that when I swap my wheels and tyres over then I'm going to have a plethora of bings/bongs/warnings. Definitely do not want to have to take the tyres off again to fit sensors at a later date. Also will be interesting to see how any news ones are 'paired' to the main frame.

mmmmmm.
Ineos part number

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok. Just been quoted £1100 for 5x tpms incld VAT and tyre valves! That's about £900 more than I was expecting. I don't need a sensor telling me what psi I have. Nice but never needed it and can live without it. I air up/down at least twice a week. Not the agents fault but all I need is a work around - ie pull a fuse or something similar. My only concern when fitting new rims/tyres is I do not want a bing/bong/error. Welcome any thoughts. In meantime will email Continental and ask them what they have similar. Wonder if any sensor on same frequency will do the job or whether need a plug in computer to reset/delete the buggers.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:07 PM
Reaction score
Ok. Just been quoted £1100 for 5x tpms incld VAT and tyre valves! That's about £900 more than I was expecting. I don't need a sensor telling me what psi I have. Nice but never needed it and can live without it. I air up/down at least twice a week. Not the agents fault but all I need is a work around - ie pull a fuse or something similar. My only concern when fitting new rims/tyres is I do not want a bing/bong/error. Welcome any thoughts. In meantime will email Continental and ask them what they have similar. Wonder if any sensor on same frequency will do the job or whether need a plug in computer to reset/delete the buggers.
If I go to the tire shop and need a new sensor for my Honda, they don’t install a Honda sensor they use an aftermarket sensor. Maybe that’s all you need?

The IG must use some standard communication protocol.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:07 AM
Reaction score
Think you need to shop around, this is from a UK site, price is in AUD for five sensors so about 150 pounds?

Attachments

• IMG_1774.jpeg
    IMG_1774.jpeg
    73.1 KB · Views: 52

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If I go to the tire shop and need a new sensor for my Honda, they don’t install a Honda sensor they use an aftermarket sensor. Maybe that’s all you need?

The IG must use some standard communication protocol.
That is my understanding as well. I would talk to your friendly tyre fitters garage about what is involved. They must change TPM valves on a regular basis.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Think you need to shop around, this is from a UK site, price is in AUD for five sensors so about 150 pounds?
Tks vm. Tried that site a few dsys back and they were quoting £36 per sensor. Tried yesterday and got 'site not found'. Think I better give them a call.

And yes hoping if frequency is correct then hopefully 3rd party ones will work.

Bloody gizmos!

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Tks vm. Tried that site a few dsys back and they were quoting £36 per sensor. Tried yesterday and got 'site not found'. Think I better give them a call.

And yes hoping if frequency is correct then hopefully 3rd party ones will work.

Bloody gizmos
I thought all TPMS operated on a 125kHz frequency, they most surely been some standard supplier that Ineos has used.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just been quoted £1100 for 5x tpms incld VAT and tyre valves!...Not the agents fault .
I guess that depends on the margin they're working on ~ assuming price came from them?

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I thought all TPMS operated on a 125kHz frequency, they most surely been some standard supplier that Ineos has used.
Some are 315 and others 433mhz. Not sure if anymore varieties.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I guess that depends on the margin they're working on ~ assuming price came from them?
Price came through the agent. What margin they added via "aftersales" I'm not sure. I don't begrudge a margin but for that cash I could get four new tyres. Will have to dig around some more. Countyv8 posted a pick of one. I will see if can get anywhere with Continental and after that try the £30 ones.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ah, so it all hinges on what frequency Ineos are using,
And also how the car 'learns' them.
A brief look on the web shows some marques need taking back to dealer to delete old ones and add new ones within the hardware. Others you can do at home with the OBD tool, some just pick up the new ones and reset all by their clever little selves.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And also how the car 'learns' them.
A brief look on the web shows some marques need taking back to dealer to delete old ones and add new ones within the hardware. Others you can do at home with the OBD tool, some just pick up the new ones and reset all by their clever little selves.
Bugger!! I suppose once the first replacement is done by someone, for what ever reason, then the picture will become clearer.

Alprider

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:07 AM
Reaction score
Anyone got a OBD TPMS tool that activates replacement sensors, something like the attached picture, I’ve fitted my second set of wheels (18x8.5 Evo Corse with 275/65 R18 Toyo’s) and the car can’t find the sensors?

Attachments

• IMG_3066.png
    IMG_3066.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3067.png
    IMG_3067.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Reactions: PBD

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Anyone got a OBD TPMS tool that activates replacement sensors, something like the attached picture, I’ve fitted my second set of wheels (28x8.5 Evo Corse with 275/65 R18 Toyo’s) and the car can’t find the sensors?
I'm still awaiting a fix. I too have fitted second set of wheels/tyres/sensors and the car cannot find them. I am still investigating. OBD tool to learn the new sensors or override them. I await more info.

Attachments

• IMG_9569.jpeg
    IMG_9569.jpeg
    202.5 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9567.jpeg
    IMG_9567.jpeg
    332.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_9566.jpeg
    IMG_9566.jpeg
    268.1 KB · Views: 29

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are you guys fitting new wheels and sensors? Or just new wheels and moving the sensors over?
I changed to 17” alloys and moved the sensors over. They are working perfectly, I haven’t checked if they have worked out which wheel is on which corner yet but they are all reading….

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom