The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

tyre pressure monitoring system

PanoramaJJ

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:05 AM
Reaction score
I once had a problem with one of the valves (TPMS). I´ve seen what they did after changing (after two days of waiting, because they had to order the special TPMS for my Camaro). They had a small machine - they went around the car - and had to do with everyone of the TPMS´s - each TPMS was introduced to the car computer - and the car quitted each with a short horn - when ready, the car horn did twice.
You see what there is happening, and you think - "WTF - it´s like science fiction - my car is talking to the valves - or are the valves talking to my computer?" MODERN TIMES! :eek:
I hope there won´t be too much electronic games in the INEOS!

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:05 AM
Reaction score
I once had a problem with one of the valves (TPMS). I´ve seen what they did after changing (after two days of waiting, because they had to order the special TPMS for my Camaro). They had a small machine - they went around the car - and had to do with everyone of the TPMS´s - each TPMS was introduced to the car computer - and the car quitted each with a short horn - when ready, the car horn did twice.
You see what there is happening, and you think - "WTF - it´s like science fiction - my car is talking to the valves - or are the valves talking to my computer?" MODERN TIMES! :eek:
I hope there won´t be too much electronic games in the INEOS!
Bosch ADS

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:05 AM
Reaction score
You can use off-road mode anytime but think it disengages at 70kmh, wading mode is the same
Sorry this is an old thread, but from what I recall wading mode is switched off at 30klms/h

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Is there any info on exactly what TPMS sensors are used on the Grenadier? I looked in the online manual and it does not list a type or part number, it only really mentions they use RFID.

There is a UK aftermarket site that shows this as suitable, any idea if correct?
TPMS Sample.jpg

Local time
11:05 PM
Reaction score
Is there any info on exactly what TPMS sensors are used on the Grenadier? I looked in the online manual and it does not list a type or part number, it only really mentions they use RFID.

There is a UK aftermarket site that shows this as suitable, any idea if correct?
View attachment 7809513This is the one in the Grenadier
TPMS1.jpg

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Saw that picture earlier in the thread but what are the specs? Searching the part number A2C82208304 suggests that it is a VDO 72-20-063, pictures of those show 433Mhz so does that mean any 433Mhz TPMS will work with the Grenadier?

Local time
Reaction score
Saw that picture earlier in the thread but what are the specs? Searching the part number A2C82208304 suggests that it is a VDO 72-20-063, pictures of those show 433Mhz so does that mean any 433Mhz TPMS will work with the Grenadier?
Not sure that. was on display at UKevent with the wheel and tire options

alvan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is amazing how the current technology is able to dramatically and quickly cut the cost of complicate and smart devices. When Porsche introduced the 959, they implemented the Bosch tire pressure monitoring system. It was one of the first tire monitoring system introduced in the real world. If I remember well replacing a sensor costed at that time something like 3000 euro...

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
can share some experience with the TPMS:
last weekend I lowered pressure to 1.5bar for offroading. The display is comfortable to check pressure for all 4 tyres at one glance. In offroad mode low pressure warning was constantly displayed, not just the warning text but 4 pressure values; see picture. Not absolutely needed but I can live with that.
After the event when airing up each value changed from orange to green at ca 2.5 bar.
Only one sensor stayed orange with same value 🤔 (German: Reifendruck niedrig). See second picture.
Had to drive with this error since then. Switch off and lock car has not solved the error. Anybody has some information on how to reset the TPMS. If I remember correctly not mentioned in the manual.
IMG_6851.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6907.jpeg
    IMG_6907.jpeg
    236.2 KB · Views: 80

Adventures

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
The First Grenadier
Local time
6:05 PM
Reaction score
can share some experience with the TPMS:
last weekend I lowered pressure to 1.5bar for offroading. The display is comfortable to check pressure for all 4 tyres at one glance. In offroad mode low pressure warning was constantly displayed, not just the warning text but 4 pressure values; see picture. Not absolutely needed but I can live with that.
After the event when airing up each value changed from orange to green at ca 2.5 bar.
Only one sensor stayed orange with same value 🤔 (German: Reifendruck niedrig). See second picture.
Had to drive with this error since then. Switch off and lock car has not solved the error. Anybody has some information on how to reset the TPMS. If I remember correctly not mentioned in the manual.
View attachment 7812141
Hello Deepblue,
you have to go into "Einstellungen", than "Fahrzeuginformationen", than "Reifendruck": Here you can reset the pressure warning.
Regards Adventures

Deepblue

#00274 - Swiss Vehicle (SD1-1/63)
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hello Deepblue,
you have to go into "Einstellungen", than "Fahrzeuginformationen", than "Reifendruck": Here you can reset the pressure warning.
Regards Adventures
Many thanks for your swift reply @Adventures
Could now reset; error is still there. Tomorrow will air down the tire, air up and then reset again.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Maybe trying going the opposite way and over inflate, run gently/leave for a period and then deflate to the correct value?

das mo

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just to make sure it is not a user error:
KO2 17“ need a pressure of 2,5 bar on ‚cool‘ parked empty vehicle, right?

IMG_7740.jpeg

So when camper build is done an car fully loaded, I go for 3,0 and 3,4 in the back.

Should be a no brainer, but ….

Thanks.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Just to make sure it is not a user error:
KO2 17“ need a pressure of 2,5 bar on ‚cool‘ parked empty vehicle, right?

View attachment 7813991

So when camper build is done an car fully loaded, I go for 3,0 and 3,4 in the back.

Should be a no brainer, but ….

Thanks.
Wonder why they felt the need to divide the tyre specs in to two boxes when one would've sufficed. Seems like unnecessary duplication because all four tyre types have the same recommended pressures in light or heavy mode.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:05 PM
Reaction score
Wonder why they felt the need to divide the tyre specs in to two boxes when one would've sufficed. Seems like unnecessary duplication because all four tyre types have the same recommended pressures in light or heavy mode.
Probably regulatory.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Many thanks to Spjnr for going out of his way yesterday to show me his new Grenadier and also his wheel/tyre combo, which I must say looks tiptop. Came away very envious indeed!
The car is in MM and looked bloody marvellous. Really didn't help my sick of waiting syndrome but did cement my positive vibes for the car.

So, with his help I am slowly building my own Gren by the looks of it - starting off with a 5 set of the 17" steels, so I will need to find a suitable set of TPMSs for these 2nd set for my M/T.
I've sent IA a message asking them to confirm the TPMS make and model they are using, and also whether these can be purchased from them directly (via Jardines) or whether, as suspected, it's the usual sh1t show and I need take care of procuring them myself. Also asked how to delete the old/introduce the new sensors to the car.

If any of the gurus have thoughts on the TPMS then tks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_9244.jpeg
    IMG_9244.jpeg
    456.9 KB · Views: 54
Back
Top Bottom