The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

tyre pressure monitoring system

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:53 PM
Reaction score
I’m fairly sure the TPMS can be moved from the old wheels to the new..
I’ve bought a set of these…https://www.lkperformance.co.uk/wheels/black-rhino/6431-overland-matte-black

Hopefully an easy swap..
Thanks Tom, yes easy switch as Spjnr has done just that. However doesn't help my situation as I will run two sets of wheels. Original BFG K02's in summer and M/T's on the set of wheels from Spjnr during the winter.

So I need to find another 5x set of TPMS to fit to the new wheels/tyres and work out how to delete/add old/new TPMS in the car's computer. If it's a big issue then I'd happily cut out the TPMS onboard if thats even possible.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks Tom, yes easy switch as Spjnr has done just that. However doesn't help my situation as I will run two sets of wheels. Original BFG K02's in summer and M/T's on the set of wheels from Spjnr during the winter.

So I need to find another 5x set of TPMS to fit to the new wheels/tyres and work out how to delete/add old/new TPMS in the car's computer. If it's a big issue then I'd happily cut out the TPMS onboard if thats even possible.
I see.
Why muds in the winter? I find them to be terrible in the snow, well on packed snow like you get on the road anyway. The BFG AT’s will be much better. But if you’re in the SE maybe you don't need to worry. In actual mud however…

Reactions: PBD

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I see.
Why muds in the winter? I find them to be terrible in the snow, well on packed snow like you get on the road anyway. The BFG AT’s will be much better. But if you’re in the SE maybe you don't need to worry. In actual mud however…

Agree for snow but yes in SE
a lot of brick works round this way - clay

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Agree for snow but yes in SE
a lot of brick works round this way - clay
Fair enough, I ran muds on defenders for years but the wet and snow handling was abysmal, as was the vibration and noise. I do lots of heavy towing and stopping big trailers in the wet was scary. I rear ended a truck once years ago unable to stop with a trailer on. AT’s are so much nicer and quieter too. Its just that one day that you need the muds that you miss them. That said I have only been stuck with the AT’s once..

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fair enough, I ran muds on defenders for years but the wet and snow handling was abysmal, as was the vibration and noise. I do lots of heavy towing and stopping big trailers in the wet was scary. I rear ended a truck once years ago unable to stop with a trailer on. AT’s are so much nicer and quieter too. Its just that one day that you need the muds that you miss them. That said I have only been stuck with the AT’s once..
Yep. When you need them you need them. Doesn't come without the sacrifices you mentioned unfortunately. AT's here just turn to slicks. I run them Mar-Sept generally and put them on if any trips to snow parts. Alps or up T'North

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:53 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to set the upper and lower limits at which the TPMS gives a warning. Or are the warning levels basically set for a default on road situation? On aftermarket ones I have used in the past it is possible to adjust the warning levels and it is very helpful when needing to adjust tyre pressures for different conditions.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it is possible to set the upper and lower limits at which the TPMS gives a warning. Or are the warning levels basically set for a default on road situation? On aftermarket ones I have used in the past it is possible to adjust the warning levels and it is very helpful when needing to adjust tyre pressures for different conditions.
Given I usually run 40psi cold, if they can’t be adjusted they’ll be going off non stop.
Imagine how they’ll act when they’re at 15psi on the beach!! 😂😂😂

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I'm new to TPMS, but I physically adjusted the tyre pressures then went into an on screen menu to reset TPMS. My assumption was that it now reset the new pressures as the datum, and so any +/- delta would now trigger the warning.

froggy

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:53 PM
Reaction score
Mine went a bit crazy said pressures were low and faulty when I went to 2600 m altitude. Couldn’t get them to reset even when going back down, but all ok next morning.

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm new to TPMS, but I physically adjusted the tyre pressures then went into an on screen menu to reset TPMS. My assumption was that it now reset the new pressures as the datum, and so any +/- delta would now trigger the warning.
Thanks. Makes sense if that's how it works. I guess the key will be the settings +/- before warnings are activated. If these are relatively small it could trigger too many unnecessary warnings caused by heat, altitude etc. From what you've seen I gather there is no way to set the +/- around the psi at which you've set the tyre

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What happens when you come to rotate your tyres I wonder. Does the computer automatically sense your offside front is now your offside rear, or indeed you've rotated in your spare?

Never had such gizmos before so all new to me.

ddv

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
What happens when you come to rotate your tyres I wonder. Does the computer automatically sense your offside front is now your offside rear, or indeed you've rotated in your spare?

Never had such gizmos before so all new to me.
Excellent question. In the absence of a manual I guess we will only know when someone rotates a wheel.

Local time
Reaction score
Had the tire off yesterday this is a TPM transmitter fitted to production vehicle when swapping wheels around the reverent sensor seems to pair seamlessly with the vehicle .
What I cant seem to fathom yet is if you set the pressure to say 40 psi all round the page in the vehicle reports different pressures and yes I did get up at 5 am to do it in the cool of the morning after being parked in the shade the preceding day. Will have to check the actual tire temps.

Attachments

• IMG_7953.jpg
    IMG_7953.jpg
    126 KB · Views: 53

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had the tire off yesterday this is a TPM transmitter fitted to production vehicle when swapping wheels around the reverent sensor seems to pair seamlessly with the vehicle .
What I cant seem to fathom yet is if you set the pressure to say 40 psi all round the page in the vehicle reports different pressures and yes I did get up at 5 am to do it in the cool of the morning after being parked in the shade the preceding day. Will have to check the actual tire temps.
I suspect it will come down to accuracy tolerances in pressure monitoring equipment, If one is 5% low, vehicle is 5% high you have an instant 10% target trigger.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for the photo. Maybe the car has another sensor in each corner to distinguish which TPMS sensor is in which corner, I'm hypothesising.
Did you use the spare at all, and if so any bing/bongs/mssgs about that TPMS sensor?

Local time
Reaction score
Thank you for the photo. Maybe the car has another sensor in each corner to distinguish which TPMS sensor is in which corner, I'm hypothesising.
Did you use the spare at all, and if so any bing/bongs/mssgs about that TPMS sensor?
Yes used the spare and it connected to the TMPS system no problem and vice versa when swapped round as I have the white letters on the inside.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes used the spare and it connected to the TMPS system no problem and vice versa when swapped round as I have the white letters on the inside.
Thank you that's interesting to hear. I shall now try and source 5 of those TPMS for the new wheels/tyres combo and hope I have similar experience as you have.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Cannot find the exact parts number but got a match apart from last two digits.

Here's the link to Continental TPMS parts catalogue.

The photo from CountyV8 shows part number: A2C82208304 for the unit.
The link to the closest part number A2C8220830480 is on pg 14 of the catalogue, at the bottom. So just last two digits adrift.

Presume CountyV8 that's a shot of your TPMS and not one taken at previous demo car?

Attachments

• Continental Pg 14.pdf
    71.1 KB · Views: 9

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Bang the photo across to their customer service tech support and see what they say.

Let's hope Ineos have not gone bespoke.

Back
Top Bottom