The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:49 PM
Reaction score
Today I tried to identify the problem with my winch but no luck as there seems to be no power at the controller. Although I can hear the relay/solenoid in the back click when I turn the 500a winch power on.
If there is NO power at the controller, this is probably good news. It means there is somewhere a bad contact or a wire broken, or a relay not working. A good car electrician should be able to solve it.
A wiring diagram would be handy. INEOS promised us technical information ... well ... you know ... :cry:

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:49 PM
Reaction score
I installed a fiskars axe on my molle panel. I always have an axe with me, driving up on california and oregon forest roads i've found it useful.
Wanted to fit a shovel above the axe to the right of the water tank but it just didn't fit well in that location.
I used to have a chain saw but once i got a winch i now use the axe and the winch together to get fallen trees out of trail. And it saved me some space. If the tree is massive i'll probably turn around but for smaller trees this has worked pretty well. I think i've used the axe more for firewood than for getting stuff out of the way but its like insurance, you never know when you need it...

View attachment 7866301
I've got same

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
Last edited:

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
OUTBACK SHAKE DOWN CHANGES – ROUND 3 (2 being written up)
Today the Australian Wildlife Conservancy stickers went on the car. I found myself smiling when driving back home, as the build is now complete after some changes yesterday (those are being written up). The first time I can remember being so happy since the fatal car accident 18 months ago. The Grenadier build has been therapeutic! I am still working through some injuries and trauma but starting to fell better.

The car is back to being AWC's mobile billboard and ready for The Doc's Excellent Adventure. UK and US owners can also support AWC, as they have events on London and New York - shameless plug.

The L tracks did make fitting the stickers more challenging. Fonts had to follow AWC's guidelines, except Proudly supporting.

Observant readers will have noticed the car’s name is now official: Wally. Named after the wallaby I hit on the road earlier this year. I added a Wally sticker to the driver's side bonnet/hood. :)

IMG_6114.jpg
IMG_6114-cr.jpg

Last edited:

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:49 AM
Reaction score
In anticipation of the imminent deliveries, what did you do with your Grenadier this weekend?

Tell the community and share the love, and pictures, lots of pictures.

This thread will remain locked until the first member tells me they have taken delivery.
I take delivery of my Trialmaster on Thursday but today was a delivery day. I received three (3) oil change kits, filters, o rings and oil pan washers and a drivers side grab handle for the A-pilar from Bentley Ineos of High Point, North Carolina.

Attachments

• 20240812_204313.jpg
    20240812_204313.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 24
Local time
3:49 AM
Reaction score
In anticipation of the imminent deliveries, what did you do with your Grenadier this weekend?

Tell the community and share the love, and pictures, lots of pictures.

This thread will remain locked until the first member tells me they have taken delivery.

Attachments

• IMG_6803.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_6792.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 61
  • IMG_6709.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 52
  • IMG_6711.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 47
  • IMG_6705.jpeg
    6.1 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6642.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 44
  • IMG_6587.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 56

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Finally, after months, I decided to do a hand wash of my Grenadier today (exterior; the interior I did some time ago).

This is always a good moment to discover some problems, like this ...
20240815_123619.jpg

The lower part of my RAI (Raised Air Intake) is loose.
Apparently the screws (still present) are screwed in some plastic studs, and these became loose and damaged.
OK, I did quite some off road in June in Romania, and scratched the car with branches, therefore probably this is also the origin of my problem.
But anyway, "built on purpose?".

I dismounted the RAI and unscrewed the studs and did put them back at their location after some "plastic bending". Anyway, I think these plastic studs (the two white things on the next picture) will have to be replaced sooner or later.

20240815_175226.jpg

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Finally, after months, I decided to do a hand wash of my Grenadier today (exterior; the interior I did some time ago).

View attachment 7866894

Apparently the screws (still present) are screwed in some plastic studs, and these became loose and damaged.
OK, I did quite some off road in June in Romania, and scratched the car with branches, therefore probably this is also the origin of my problem.

I dismounted the RAI and unscrewed the studs and did put them back at their location after some "plastic bending". Anyway, I think these plastic studs (the two white things on the next picture) will have to be replaced sooner or later.

View attachment 7866899
I’ve had the same issue on my travels and ended up sticking it on with silicone sealant . That indicator that fits in the raised air intake kept falling out also.

ORSO

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Hi Jean,

When I disassembled my rai I put some armaflex inside to avoid vibrations.

Post in thread 'Strange vibration/rattle'
https://www.theineosforum.com/threads/strange-vibration-rattle.12415000/post-1333270612

as for the two plastic inserts, in my opinion you can replace them with threaded metal pressure inserts

did you manage to disconnect the light inside the rai?

Phred

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:49 PM
Reaction score
I take delivery of my Trialmaster on Thursday but today was a delivery day. I received three (3) oil change kits, filters, o rings and oil pan washers and a drivers side grab handle for the A-pilar from Bentley Ineos of High Point, North Carolina.
Can you provide the part number for the drivers grab handle please?

Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7866894

View attachment 7866899
Its not a. snorkel.

Back
Top Bottom