The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Infotainment system

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
Fortunately for me, my wife was along for our test drive the other week and she asked all the useful questions about audio, air con etc etc. (while I tried to look manly and only ask about gears and engine and stuff) The guy had his iPhone paired with the test vehicle system and pulled up a track to show-off the sound system. No idea what brand or specs but our overall impression was IT'S NOT BAD. Even if it doesn't have a sub (and I'm not 100% sure it didn't), the bass was still decent. With double seals on the doors, the quietness in the cabin (even on a PT series vehicle) was very G-Wagen like. This meant the sound system didn't have to be massively powerful to be effective.

And the AC was also reassuringly strong.

Mr. Largo WINCH

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
4:33 AM
Reaction score
Bonjour
Le Grenadier semble équipé du système Android Auto.
Je dispose de ce système sur ma nouvelle 208 GT Line. J'ai donc essayé le système Android Auto en branchant mon téléphone Samsung équipé du logiciel de navigation Osmand + pour Android.
Il suffit de connecter le téléphone au véhicule par une prise UBS prévue au tableau de bord.

Dès la connexion, le système Android Auto du véhicule affiche l'écran suivant

1676998574674.png

1676997817525.png
Il suffit de toucher l'icône "Android Auto" sur l'écran pour obtenir l'écran suivant avec le logiciel Osmand + présent sur le téléphone. Il n'est pas nécessaire d'activer Osmand + préalablement

1676997940270.png

L'écran présente une ancienne trace enregistrée. Il suffit d'élargir en plein écran de façon tactile puis de choisir une destination dans les "favoris". Il est possible de choisir d'avoir le Nord en haut ou la route devant.
1676998614018.png

1676998023641.png

Une fois la destination entrée, le logiciel indique les directions graphiquement et oralement (avec un avertissement pour les passages piétons).

1676998663852.png

1676998151255.png

Toutes les fonctions restent disponibles à l'aire des touches du tableau de bord.
1676998690630.png

1676998264204.png

Pour revenir à l'écran Osmnd +, il suffit de cliquer sur la touche indiquée en jaune pour revenir à l'écran "Android Auto" et cliquer pour revenir automatiquement à Osmand +.
Les cartes Osmand+ sont des cartes vectorielles et permettent le routage. Pour les avoir essayées en raid au Maroc et en Tunisie, elles sont très détaillées et comportent également un grand nombre de pistes. Il est donc tout-à-fait possible de naviguer en raid avec Osmand + sur un téléphone portable connecté au véhicule à l'aide de l'application Android Auto disponible sur le Grenadier.

1676998727018.png

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Apparently it is also a cable connection in the Grenadier, in either one of the USB ports inside the "lock box". I tried it with my delivered vehicle at the Hedin garage, but I didn't succeed. I will try again the next time I visit the dealer.
Some infotainment screens of some cars together with some brands (Samsung, ...) allow you to connect wireless with an Android phone, after you configured it the first time with the cable.
I did hope this would also work with the Grenadier, but according to my dealer, it doesn't.

translation:
Apparemment c’est également une connexion câble dans une des deux prises USB dans le box de stockage entre les deux sièges. J’ai essayé de me connecter avec mon Grenadier lors de la visite à mon importateur, mais sans succès.
Certains écrans de certaines marques de voitures permettent aussi une liaison sans fil avec le téléphone mobile de certaines marques (Samsung, …) sur système Android après avoir fait une première liaison avec fil, mais selon mon importateur ce n’est pas le cas pour le Grenadier.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:33 PM
Reaction score
Apparently it is also a cable connection in the Grenadier, in either one of the USB ports inside the "lock box". I tried it with my delivered vehicle at the Hedin garage, but I didn't succeed. I will try again the next time I visit the dealer.
Some infotainment screens of some cars together with some brands (Samsung, ...) allow you to connect wireless with an Android phone, after you configured it the first time with the cable.
I did hope this would also work with the Grenadier, but according to my dealer, it doesn't.

translation:
Apparemment c’est également une connexion câble dans une des deux prises USB dans le box de stockage entre les deux sièges. J’ai essayé de me connecter avec mon Grenadier lors de la visite à mon importateur, mais sans succès.
Certains écrans de certaines marques de voitures permettent aussi une liaison sans fil avec le téléphone mobile de certaines marques (Samsung, …) sur système Android après avoir fait une première liaison avec fil, mais selon mon importateur ce n’est pas le cas pour le Grenadier.
I recall early on there was talk of a USB port on the back of the screen to allow a mobile to be plugged in for apple/android connection and charging.
This seems to have disappeared

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:33 AM
Reaction score

translation:
I think it also depends on the android phone, Samsung versions for wireless needs v12. But @Jean is right on most cars the initial configuration is by cable. I haven't a clue about iPhone

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think it also depends on the android phone, Samsung versions for wireless needs v12. But @Jean is right on most cars the initial configuration is by cable. I haven't a clue about iPhone
What I intend to do once configured by cable is try it with different phones. The wife runs android v13 and I'm a lower v10. If it works on hers, I'm due a phone upgrade anyway. If it doesn't work cable cableless on hers, well it's cable. The Jaguar only works by cable (3 year old)

Flewks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

translation:
I’ll be surprised if it’s not a Bluetooth connection between vehicle and phone

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'm sure some reviews mentioned that it was wireless / bluetooth..

Flewks

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
There is Bluetooth for calls etc but maps often need faster speed updating and ore bandwidth than bluetooth can handle.
My wife’s VW Polo GTI connects via Bluetooth and you can run a variety of map Apps without issue - We usually use Google Maps

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ll be surprised if it’s not a Bluetooth connection between vehicle and phone
Yes for the phone it is bluetooth, this worked! I did not try to call, but the system recognized the phone!
But I wanted Waze and Music on my screen, and this didn't work.
[EDITED] My car also recognized the Daikin airco system of the building :eek:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom