The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Infotainment system

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:55 AM
Reaction score
That's true. On long distances, I like to hear "Hörspiele", which is often a told criminal story in the radio.

You don't fall asleep and Kilometers just fly by ...

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You guys need to learn how to download an e-book.
You mean audio books, don’t you?
For long range driving it is perfect. Of course it is not allowed to use a converter App to cut audio books from YouTube and listen to them offline…

iOS:

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
That's true. On long distances, I like to hear "Hörspiele", which is often a told criminal story in the radio.

You don't fall asleep and Kilometers just fly by ...
“???” Or “TKKG” 😂

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Well, if you say so I have to belive it ;)

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Of course it is not allowed to use a converter App to cut audio books from YouTube and listen to them offline…

Is it?

DE:
"(1) 1Zulässig sind einzelne Vervielfältigungen eines Werkes durch eine natürliche Person zum privaten Gebrauch auf beliebigen Trägern, sofern sie weder unmittelbar noch mittelbar Erwerbszwecken dienen, soweit nicht zur Vervielfältigung eine offensichtlich rechtswidrig hergestellte oder öffentlich zugänglich gemachte Vorlage verwendet wird."

EN:
"(1) 1 Individual reproductions of a work by a natural person for private use on any medium are permitted, provided that they are not made directly or indirectly for the purpose of making a profit, provided that the reproduction does not involve the use of an original that is manifestly unlawfully made or made available to the public."

Source: Urheberrechtsgesetz / UrhG §53

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You are - as most times - absolutely right. It is of course not our problem when someone else loads up something at YouTube where he/she has no right in.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
It is of course not our problem when someone else loads up something at YouTube where he/she has no right in

But unfortunately it is.

The second part says it:
soweit nicht zur Vervielfältigung eine offensichtlich rechtswidrig hergestellte oder öffentlich zugänglich gemachte Vorlage verwendet wird.

provided that the reproduction does not involve the use of an original that is manifestly unlawfully made or made available to the public.

So you have to care and check for the legality of the original.
AND: You must not decode an encrypted work. But if you listen to such a work and re-record the analogous stream, than it's allowed. 🙃

It's a difficult thing as Solmecke explains here (Germany video which I can not translate. Solmecke is THE reference for such questions in Germany).

But in general you may record audio works for private use.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:55 AM
Reaction score
DaveB, not a big podcast guy then?
No. I know so many people who listen to podcasts about self improvement, wealth, etc and then sprout it back out without doing any research of their own.
Or the guy doing the podcast will tell you how to make millions and nobody asks why they are spending their time doing podcasts instead of travelling the world

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You guys need to learn how to download an e-book. You can then drive for 1,000’s of k’s and listening to the uplifting book of your choice. It is a long range game changer.
I download e-books and audio books all the time.
It is a great way to kill a long boring drive

Pessimal

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:55 PM
Reaction score
No. I know so many people who listen to podcasts about self improvement, wealth, etc and then sprout it back out without doing any research of their own.
Or the guy doing the podcast will tell you how to make millions and nobody asks why they are spending their time doing podcasts instead of travelling the world
You should try listening to people who are actually knowledgeable in their field like "The Rest is History" Podcast. Brilliantly entertaining and informative stuff from ancient Rome to the Falkland wars. Tbh I never would have guessed this would be interesting to me as I was never a history buff or even interested in history myself but here I am, can't get enough of it
https://play.acast.com/s/the-rest-is-history-podcast
And no I'm no affiliated and they are not paying me, sorry if this reads like an ad :)

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You should try listening to people who are actually knowledgeable in their field like "The Rest is History" Podcast. Brilliantly entertaining and informative stuff from ancient Rome to the Falkland wars. Tbh I never would have guessed this would be interesting to me as I was never a history buff or even interested in history myself but here I am, can't get enough of it
https://play.acast.com/s/the-rest-is-history-podcast
And no I'm no affiliated and they are not paying me, sorry if this reads like an ad :)
About 250 episodes, the vast majority wonderful, informative, funny, wide ranging historical topics days old or 2,000 years before Christ, topics for everyone by Tom Holland & Dominic Sambrook.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Only DAB+ and FM on the PTO2 at Kelso.
For those who have been fortunate enough to see a prototype, is there an antenna mounted somewhere for the FM? If not, what kind of reception are we looking at?

Arkaig

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:55 AM
Reaction score
For those who have been fortunate enough to see a prototype, is there an antenna mounted somewhere for the FM? If not, what kind of reception are we looking at?

Sorry, I didn't get the opportunity to actually listen to the radio or examine anteenna mounts.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Any infotainment updates?

Back
Top Bottom