The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Infotainment system

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:04 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know how good the sound system is? Whilst I am a guy that will always tick the upgraded sound system box on the options list, I appreciate that we will get what we are given on the IG. However a decent sound system would still be nice.
I did notice on one of the drive day videos the sound system was turned on, but the quality of the video sound didn’t fill me with any confidence that it was designed for any other purpose than for listening to the weather updates on BBC radio.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know how good the sound system is? Whilst I am a guy that will always tick the upgraded sound system box on the options list, I appreciate that we will get what we are given on the IG. However a decent sound system would still be nice.
I did notice on one of the drive day videos the sound system was turned on, but the quality of the video sound didn’t fill me with any confidence that it was designed for any other purpose than for listening to the weather updates on BBC radio.
looking through the brochure and specifications there is nothing about sound system or number of speakers that you normally get.
I am will to bet it will be pretty basic

minidok

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
I do like the brand hertz-audrio.com even though I have not heard from them nor with them by now. Internet site and provided information about their products does look good and seems to be transparent.
The product manuals do start back in the year 2014, which means that they run young products other than established slow moving, big brands. It is Italian.

Davman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
To be fair, at this level of sound system the Neusoft head unit will probably be more responsible for "reasonable" sound than the speakers will be.
But agreed, the Hertz brand don't look too bad as an OEM selection.

Local time
1:04 AM
Reaction score
I only listen to the shipping forecast hope it has LW

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
> 2 Hertz full range

?

What does '2 Hertz' mean? An average speaker range is from 40 Hz to 20000 Hz.
Hertz is a speaker brand. Mid to high end. I suspect by full range they mean 2-,way. Google Hertz car speakers

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score
I wonder if different regions have different radio options. The USA e-brochure lists Sirius XM capability, which is all I need.

Attachments

• 78A9CA62-A1F6-4CD9-83DD-2D4AAD71CD45.jpeg
    78A9CA62-A1F6-4CD9-83DD-2D4AAD71CD45.jpeg
    572.2 KB · Views: 35

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
2:04 AM
Reaction score
As they support Android Auto and Apple as well, isn't it possible to run and Android/Apple streaming application you like?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:04 PM
Reaction score
As they support Android Auto and Apple as well, isn't it possible to run and Android/Apple streaming application you like?
You can easily play music that’s on your phone but things like Spotify, Apple Music, etc need network connectivity. Lots of places in the US are fine with cell signal, but in the mountains it‘s another situation. We travel to Vermont each summer and through the Adirondacks there’s hardly any coverage.

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
5:04 PM
Reaction score
Sirius XM is satellite based radio subscription service. So in theory no dead spots. But get in a city with high rise buildings and it can be spotty.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if different regions have different radio options. The USA e-brochure lists Sirius XM capability, which is all I need.
I don't listen to the radio.
Too much talking on it
I have 900 songs loaded onto the inbuilt hard drive of my current car and select random play

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't listen to the radio.
Too much talking on it
I have 900 songs loaded onto the inbuilt hard drive of my current car and select random play
Yep, the wife has 700 songs loaded on to a USB flash drive that she carries that she can use in her car or any other with a USB port

Eric, tone deaf

Back
Top Bottom