The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Infotainment system

Local time
3:57 AM
Reaction score
I can't recall the last time I put the radio on in my car, or any car.
It annoys the crap out of me with 20% music and 80% gibber jabber
Same here Dave to be honest it never gets switched on so not really a feature for me. Was just wondering so i
just checked the availability of DAB in the places I go to regularly seems it has little or NO coverage what a waste

Last edited:

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:57 PM
Reaction score
I think it also depends on the android phone, Samsung versions for wireless needs v12. But @Jean is right on most cars the initial configuration is by cable. I haven't a clue about iPhone
Same same... sometimes need to manually activate the given app in Settings for it to appear in the Apple CarPlay interface.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:57 AM
Reaction score
It says in the Brochure it"s a DAB radio will it be able to tune to FM and LW MW. ?
For sure! DAB is always on top. We do not have LW stations here anymore. And I didn’t try MW for a long time.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
DAB+ is pretty good in a capital city area with a good variety of stations and few ads.

That said, 95% of the time I’ve got music or a podcast on Spotify or Amazon Music.

People talking on the radio generally gives me the shits.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My wifes is the same but you lose the map when you get a phone call
It says in the Brochure it"s a DAB radio will it be able to tune to FM and LW MW. ?
I would expect DAB+ and FM. LW is no longer and MW is eventually to be phased out ( in UK) but may be available

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Problem with Spotify is that it doesn't have the artists who don't like being ripped off.
A huge backlog of stuff that isn't out there for hire.
I use cds a lot but will have to find a way to magic them into the Grenadier.
Also Spotify only works when you have reception. Nothing worse than a song dropping out for minutes, or hours....

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Problem with Spotify is that it doesn't have the artists who don't like being ripped off.
Also Spotify only works when you have reception. Nothing worse than a song dropping out for minutes, or hours....
I illegally download stuff using torrents and add it to my playlist
my grandson laughs when he sees song 885 come up on my cars inbuilt hard drive

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I legally download from Spotify what I want to listen to when I don’t have reception. I have a fair bit of space on my iPhone so never a drama. I have a family subscription so all 5 of us have separate access.
I’ve just started using Amazon music, so not sure of the differences in artist access or download capabilities yet, time will tell.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't listen to the radio anymore either. I listen to music streamed off my phone and podcasts. I often spend hours a day behind the wheel of a tractor and find podcasts in particular very absorbing. I don't like spotify either, if your in an area with poor signal you can't listen, plus with podcasts such as Joe Rogan it always wants to download the video stream which uses a lot more data and makes it more likely to buffer. Apple podcasts work much better, they are downloaded to your phone and always available even if there is no signal. Same with apple music.
If you want to listen to cd's and you have a MacBook, just load all your cd's onto apple music and they are there on your phone to listen to when ever you like...

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
DAB+ is pretty good in a capital city area with a good variety of stations and few ads.

That said, 95% of the time I’ve got music or a podcast on Spotify or Amazon Music.

People talking on the radio generally gives me the shits.
People talking on the radio generally gives me the shits. - Not on those new Grenadier seats you don't :eek::eek:

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
I legally download from Spotify what I want to listen to when I don’t have reception. I have a fair bit of space on my iPhone so never a drama. I have a family subscription so all 5 of us have separate access.
I’ve just started using Amazon music, so not sure of the differences in artist access or download capabilities yet, time will tell.
I have the Spotify subscription ; I also have software that allows me to convert it to mp3s for burning to cds....
I might be a senior but I'm up with all this tech 🤠

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'd be miffed without the ability to tune into sport commentary on the radio while driving.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:57 PM
Reaction score
I bough a cheapo external CD drive for my Macbook and converted my CDs into MP3s. I then took an old iPod and dumped all 5,500 songs on it. It connects through Bluetooth or in some vehicles, there’s a usb port than can be controlled through the infotainment unit.

Back
Top Bottom