The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Getting Rip off by my dealer

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:52 PM
Reaction score
SAs an older millennial, I'm offended :ROFLMAO:
Warning On Air GIF by Adult Swim

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:52 PM
Reaction score
I love the inspiring words, Zimm, and I will keep them in mind when I find out the cost of installing the checker plates. It will be an interesting internal debate.

Should I get a pop rivet gun? What's a good brand? How much are they? Will a manual one work or do I need pneumatic? Do I need to use a particular set of rivets? They should be black, right? How big should the hole be? Is there anything under the fender I need to worry about drilling into if I go too far? Do I need to find some aluminum to practice punching on?

After I put in all of that work, this is what will likely happen when I pull into the driveway with the brand new Grenadier to show my wife:

Loc Nar: She's a beauty, isn't she?

Mrs. Loc Nar: Absolutely, I love the color. It's not too white.

Loc Nar: I'll be right back.

::after a few minutes, Loc Nar comes back trailing a long extension cord with a drill, pop rivet gun, protractor, carpenter's square, drill bits, pop rivets, checker plates, and a pencil in his mouth::

Loc Nar: Stand back, honey.

Mrs. Loc Nar: What the hell do you think you're doing?

Loc Nar: Well, see these black triangles? I'm gonna drills some holes in the fenders and punch them on with this pop rivet gun.

Mrs. Loc Nar: The hell you are.

Local time
Reaction score
As an older millennial, I'm offended :ROFLMAO:
lol... i know. i wanted you read that. hahahah. you seem like you can roll with it. the rest, i dunnknow. i guess i'll find out. :)

I like how you added older like it'll pump up your street cred! hahahahaha

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:52 AM
Reaction score
I love the inspiring words, Zimm, and I will keep them in mind when I find out the cost of installing the checker plates. It will be an interesting internal debate.

Should I get a pop rivet gun? What's a good brand? How much are they? Will a manual one work or do I need pneumatic? Do I need to use a particular set of rivets? They should be black, right? How big should the hole be? Is there anything under the fender I need to worry about drilling into if I go too far? Do I need to find some aluminum to practice punching on?

After I put in all of that work, this is what will likely happen when I pull into the driveway with the brand new Grenadier to show my wife:

::after a few minutes, Loc Nar comes back trailing a long extension cord with a drill, pop rivet gun, protractor, carpenter's square, drill bits, pop rivets, checker plates, and a pencil in his mouth::

Loc Nar: Well, see these black triangles? I'm gonna drills some holes in the fenders and punch them on with this pop rivet gun.

Whilst drinking a warm Bud Lite

Local time
Reaction score

Harbor freight for one and done's, and don't be cross eyed drunk. I'm bettin' on ya man.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Harbor freight for one and done's, and don't be cross eyed drunk. I'm bettin' on ya man.
I'll be sure to tell her, "But honey, Zimm said I could do it. He believes in me. I can't let him down."

Local time
Reaction score
I'll be sure to tell her, "But honey, Zimm said I could do it. He believes in me. I can't let him down."
Coach Zimm, to you. Now get out in that driveway, and make us proud.

And use antiseize. I'm big on antiseize. Just don't get it on your cloths.

Local time
Reaction score
I just saw, you forgot the center punch. She'll think you're a pro and wonder what happened to the man she married.

Loc Nar

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Coach Zimm, to you. Now get out in that driveway, and make us proud.

And use antiseize. I'm big on antiseize. Just don't get it on your cloths.
I WOKE UP FEELING THE CHEEZIEST, COACH!!!

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You should have a Grenadier GTG with lots of Grenadiers and spirits, so that there are a ton of witnesses.

It should resemble a highway work crew, where one or two people work and everyone else watches 😂😂🫣

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score

So I was a the dealership yesterday and I asked them how much they will charge to install the checker plates - $600. $300 per plate!!!

Local time
Reaction score
So I was a the dealership yesterday and I asked them how much they will charge to install the checker plates - $600. $300 per plate!!!
If you're not a do it yourself kinda guy, or money really isn't an object, then I suppose it's worth it. The odd thing being, this is an "int the field" kinda truck that was intended to appeal to "in the field" kinda people. The reality is, whether it's you or someone else, your fender is getting holes drilled in it, and if someone can't trust themselves enough to drill a pilot hole in aluminum, I seriously question why this truck appeals to them. It all seems a tad incongruent.

Me, I just look at that cost as about 1% of the base truck price to shoot 16 rivets into the fender. I cant do it. I cant pay that and like myself. :) nope.

Local time
Reaction score
Also, I was at the dealership today. I was told that any accessory that has an asterisk(*) during the build, they will charge for installation. Just to give you an example, the total price for the checker plates parts and labor is about $950. That is a lot of money - considering the checker plates cost only $330. So they are charging about $300 installation per plate. Wow!

I think we need to start sharing installation process amongst us - checker plates, roof rack, picnic table, rock slider, etc. I feel that I need additional 5k for the installs!!!
Jack, my first message as I wanted this as well so everyone could view. I ordered mine in OCT 2022 and upon delivery saw a 2k increase in price out of ATLANTA. Labor fees for SIDE STEPS, CHECKERED PLATES, etc all which I was originally told was covered in the build price. Im sorry had a computer glitch but all very disappointing on a 87k vehicle jacking me around for over another 2k after the wait, large increase in base price and now getting this on delivery. I have a DEFENDER 110 I ordered 6 months ago had it now about three months. Even those guys didnt pull this garbage. At pushing 90 k now is my favorite any longer ? Not sure today but I'll know by Friday as I told I'll either pick it up or won't. Its not the 90k its the principle for me and I dont like being around. SORRY for the long message.
Also, I was at the dealership today. I was told that any accessory that has an asterisk(*) during the build, they will charge for installation. Just to give you an example, the total price for the checker plates parts and labor is about $950. That is a lot of money - considering the checker plates cost only $330. So they are charging about $300 installation per plate. Wow!

I think we need to start sharing installation process amongst us - checker plates, roof rack, picnic table, rock slider, etc. I feel that I need additional 5k for the installs!!!

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Jack, my first message as I wanted this as well so everyone could view. I ordered mine in OCT 2022 and upon delivery saw a 2k increase in price out of ATLANTA. Labor fees for SIDE STEPS, CHECKERED PLATES, etc all which I was originally told was covered in the build price. Im sorry had a computer glitch but all very disappointing on a 87k vehicle jacking me around for over another 2k after the wait, large increase in base price and now getting this on delivery. I have a DEFENDER 110 I ordered 6 months ago had it now about three months. Even those guys didnt pull this garbage. At pushing 90 k now is my favorite any longer ? Not sure today but I'll know by Friday as I told I'll either pick it up or won't. Its not the 90k its the principle for me and I dont like being around. SORRY for the long message.

I appreciate your comments. I've done some work on some of my other vehicles but this is completely new. And I can fully understand Harley's comments as well. I am now leaning towards not even getting the plates. But we'll see. We'll keep you guys posted.

Roving.Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pick up my Grenadier 02/06/2024, now my dealer is telling me now i have to pay for them to install my accessories, roof rack $1300 plus tax, checker plate $600 plus tax,
is there anyone who is have this same problem ? I am in south florida. please let me know.
When you ordered your IG online, there was very specific language that ACCESSORIES were an additional fee to be installed at the dealer. Ineos set the expectation DAY 1.

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When you ordered your IG online, there was very specific language that ACCESSORIES were an additional fee to be installed at the dealer. Ineos set the expectation DAY 1.

I can't remember seeing that installation fees are 'additional' cost during the order process. But I do remember that some items are dealer-installed. That does not necessarily mean that they will charge for installation. I was expecting that installation would be free - specially when I bought my wife's RR Sport last year and added cross bars and running boards at no charge. Sometimes I guess we get lucky and most of the times we don't :)

Local time
Reaction score
Disagree with this line of reasoning. Just because the dealers can charge 3x the going labor rate doesn’t mean they should. Sure we can tell them to stuff it and move on, but we shouldn’t just take it quietly.

It seems stupid for a manufacturer to offer something only for their dealers make that effort a pointless exercise and piss off the customers. I’m going to bitch about that stupidity, not because I’m a whiny millennial (I’m not), not because I expect something for free (I don’t), but because Ineos, the dealers, the “partner” accessory manufacturers and anyone else with some skin in this game that might be on this forum should know how shitty some of this new company’s customers are being treated.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I can't remember seeing that installation fees are 'additional' cost during the order process. But I do remember that some items are dealer-installed. That does not necessarily mean that they will charge for installation. I was expecting that installation would be free - specially when I bought my wife's RR Sport last year and added cross bars and running boards at no charge. Sometimes I guess we get lucky and most of the times we don't :)
These are the 2 statements from my pre-order documents. Note, that I didn't notice the statement about destination fees when I built/reserved mine.

* The selected feature is a removable accessory that will be supplied and installed by an INEOS dealer, and it's not considered in the vehicle's CO2 calculation.
† The price shown is the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) and does not include destination fee, the cost of accessories installation and local sales taxes. The purchase and installation of Accessories must be agreed upon directly with an INEOS dealer.

I have noticed that when you configure a Grenadier now, the statement has changed some and is not this clear.

Roving.Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It was very specific in the configurator, I finalized my order by June and took delivery in December.

Local time
Reaction score
yesterday my saleman call to see if I was going to come have my roof rack install, so I ask why is it you’re charging me so much he said it’s because of the labor rate his technician gets, and it’s a Rolls Royce, Bentley
dealership rate and the same rate for ineos also.

Back
Top Bottom