The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Getting Rip off by my dealer

Local time
12:06 PM
Reaction score
I'll drink what I liike... For so many reasons.
I quit watching sports years ago. Don't really listen to music. Didn't have the TV hooked up for 15 years. I Only really drink scotch, Manhattans, old fashions, and Sazaracs.

I think Sunday, I will be at the club with gay Nikki watching the superbowl, drinking Bud Light, and wearing a Taylor Swift shirt. Now that I ponder it without sarcasm, It would definitely be one of the funner days of the year. I'm gonna give Nick a call. Good Idea!

Local time
Reaction score
I really have paid next to no attention to the whole process, but I did know the dealer accessories were time charged. I musta read it somewhere, because I recall considering it when I was picking parts.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:06 AM
Reaction score
I really have paid next to no attention to the whole process, but I did know the dealer accessories were time charged. I musta read it somewhere, because I recall considering it when I was picking parts.
I recall there was a discussion in the May Price announcement thread where everyone was trying to get their configurations in.
I decided to remove all the accessories due to the footnote on installation charges too.

Nadir5

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:06 AM
Reaction score
When i discussed options with my dealer prior to placing my order, they advised me of this - certain add-on‘s do require dealer installation with attendant dealer compensation. I don’t have an exhaustive list, but I remember it including the rock sliders and tailgate table. For the rock sliders, I seem to recall it was around $300 over the website price for those, presumably the difference being the labor. Here in California we’re paying sales tax on everything anyway, so that’s nothing new.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This is false advertising then. If you pick the accessories while ordering from Ineos, then the MSRP that they generate isn't genuine if the dealer still charges a separate charge to install your options. Might be even illegal if its on the Monroney sticker. I know you fanboys are siding with Ineos on this, but that's not how it normally works.

roadfever

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I recall there was a discussion in the May Price announcement thread where everyone was trying to get their configurations in.
I decided to remove all the accessories due to the footnote on installation charges too.
Same. It'd been discussed extensively on the forum and I based my build around the extra charges.

Local time
Reaction score
This is false advertising then. If you pick the accessories while ordering from Ineos, then the MSRP that they generate isn't genuine if the dealer still charges a separate charge to install your options. Might be even illegal if its on the Monroney sticker. I know you fanboys are siding with Ineos on this, but that's not how it normally works.
Just so I get this straight. I'm merely telling you and other readers I read the available documentation prior to making an order resulting in being aware I'd be negotiating some extra charges, and I'm a "fanboy"? That's your conclusion of me? I'm now a Sir Radcliff Knobgobbler?

I haven't seen my sticker, I haven't seen any sticker, I never thought to look hard when I was at the dealer. They weren't my trucks, and I didn't care. I suspect you haven't seen one either since your illegality accusation is rather nebulous and unsupported. But, I was told I could pass on any ordered dealer installed extras up to the time I take the truck, which makes me think they may not be on the window sticker. I guess I'll find out at some point.

So, this "fanboys" conclusion is you like to raise a stink for support and moral justification for not wanting pay for something. You like freebee's and making a scene is your MO. Or maybe you just like to bitch at the wind. Some people are like that.

Norb-TX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Just so I get this straight. I'm merely telling you and other readers I read the available documentation prior to making an order resulting in being aware I'd be negotiating some extra charges, and I'm a "fanboy"? That's your conclusion of me? I'm now a Sir Radcliff Knobgobbler?

I haven't seen my sticker, I haven't seen any sticker, I never thought to look hard when I was at the dealer. They weren't my trucks, and I didn't care. I suspect you haven't seen one either since your illegality accusation is rather nebulous and unsupported. But, I was told I could pass on any ordered dealer installed extras up to the time I take the truck, which makes me think they may not be on the window sticker. I guess I'll find out at some point.

So, this "fanboys" conclusion is you like to raise a stink for support and moral justification for not wanting pay for something. You like freebee's and making a scene is your MO. Or maybe you just like to bitch at the wind. Some people are like that.
What freebies are you taking about? Yea, you sound like a fanboy.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
i'm just imagining going to take delivery of my g wagon, or defender, or rubicon, or whatever, and them saying, "congratulations, here's the car you ordered, but it's not put together yet, some of the parts from your build are in boxes over there, so if you want to take delivery, you're gonna need to pay us a few grand extra if you want us to put it together for you." please. if this is the ineos (or dealer) practice, it's a good reason to walk away.

again, if it was clearly stated and agreed to in writing prior to order, that's one thing. but after the fact, no way. i ALWAYS get my build sheet and order with a final sale price in writing and initialed by the dealer. i guess if ineos ever reassigns me to a new dealer (since mine evaporated) and i decide to proceed, i'll need to be extra diligent about this.

Local time
Reaction score
i'm just imagining going to take delivery of my g wagon, or defender, or rubicon, or whatever, and them saying, "congratulations, here's the car you ordered, but it's not put together yet, some of the parts from your build are in boxes over there, so if you want to take delivery, you're gonna need to pay us a few grand extra if you want us to put it together for you." please. if this is the ineos (or dealer) practice, it's a good reason to walk away.

again, if it was clearly stated and agreed to in writing prior to order, that's one thing. but after the fact, no way. i ALWAYS get my build sheet and order with a final sale price in writing and initialed by the dealer. i guess if ineos ever reassigns me to a new dealer (since mine evaporated) and i decide to proceed, i'll need to be extra diligent about this.
I think the first taste of USA fine print showed up in late May, 2023, just before the pricing was announced, and the pre order window opened.

No dealers announced until Sept of 2023, so plenty of orders were entered without anyone to negotiate with about final assembly charges.

My assigned dealer has never contacted me.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The IG Moroney sticker is generic. It doesn't even list every option installed, only "Factory Installed Options" with a dollar total.

Before I picked mine up I shared my numbers with the dealer and we were only $245 apart. This was their labor for the Rhino Rack, which in the grand scheme of things, didn't bother me. That was their first roof rack install and it would not surprise me if they now charge more.

Local time
Reaction score
What freebies are you taking about? Yea, you sound like a fanboy.
Not wanting to pay an hourly rate for the dealer installed extras.

You can order a winch kit at a Ford dealer to go with your bronco so it folds in with an financing... and.. you have to pay the dealer rate to install it. Same with the side ladder on a Defender.

Yea, you're just a bullshitting grifter.

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

I don’t think having to pay extra for labor is OK either, but in the case of the Grenadier, it’s not as extreme as stated above. There are only a few items such as the roof rack, sliders/steps, and checker plates IIRC, and they are all identified with an asterisk plus their caveat about extra cost for installation.

Options like the tow bar (front or rear), safari windows, and winch did not have the small print or asterisk. If a dealer starts charging for those non-asterisk options, than we as customers certainly have an issue...and in regards to the tow hitch issue, it’s possible the dealer may try that tactic when they’re finally retro fitted.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
and in regards to the tow hitch issue, it’s possible the dealer may try that tactic when they’re finally retro fitted.
I'm 99.9% confident that Ineos will be covering that dealer labor charge (just like the reflash associated with it), just as they paid labor to W&W to pull the hitches off at the ports initially

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think that’s what will happen too, especially at our dealer 😜😁

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It was my understanding from the beginning I may be on the hook for installation of any item I included in my build that had an asterisk next to it if I chose to have the dealer install. Wether right or wrong or different than other manufacturers it was there in the fine print. Most manufacturers include destination charge in the MSRP as well, I missed that Ineos did not, so I admit I was a bit shocked when another $1600 was added to the bill. All I was asked to do was put $450 down for a refundable reservation and the ability to walk away at any time.

These are the 2 statements from my pre-order documents.

* The selected feature is a removable accessory that will be supplied and installed by an INEOS dealer, and it's not considered in the vehicle's CO2 calculation.
† The price shown is the Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) and does not include destination fee, the cost of accessories installation and local sales taxes. The purchase and installation of Accessories must be agreed upon directly with an INEOS dealer.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:06 AM
Reaction score
I'll drink what I liike... For so many reasons.
Good for you, Bud light is an awful beer to my taste, but if you like it, drink it. The rest is hysterical BS.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is on my contract- see 6.2. Check on your US contract to see if it's the same
View attachment 7843423
This is the difference between US/Canada and the RoW.... We buy from dealers who have the ability to set pricing, we don't have a contract from INEOS directly

Back
Top Bottom