The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Outrageous service cost at South Florida dealer - independent service?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
6:16 PM
Reaction score
> multi-point inspection

WOW, that is for sure a lot of work. Like all the "check" and "inspection" topics are: Nothing you could count, weigh or prove.

Coming up with a “multi-point inspection” requires some imagination. And audacity.

(n)

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
To be fair, the dealer has to pay for his second home, first wife, golf club fees, second wife, mistress, multiple children, Ferrari in the garage, yacht club membership, yacht, multiple Rolexes, plastic surgery for his current wife and many more.
That $1200 profit won't go very far.

Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
Thank you for all of the comments. Luckily, I declined the service and will be taking it to an independent mechanic. I am glad to hear that there have been positive experiences doing the same
How do you like the Grenny? Any issues with water intrusion? We have one on order anxiously waiting? Seems like you’ve driven a good amount of miles and are quite happy? Thank you for any advice. Best of luck.

K2grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum, been searching for an hour and didn't see another thread on this. I bought the Grenadier in December in South Florida. Absolutely love this truck that I waited years to get. I wanted to get the 1 year service done because I already have 10k miles and I might do a long road trip this summer. The dealer (Holman) quoted me $1,656.60 for the service not including tax, which puts the total over $1,800. Are other people getting these quotes in South Florida? I called the Tampa dealer in disbelief and they quoted me just over $400. Both quotes included the recommended maintenance including changing the diff fluid. Unfortunately the Tampa dealer is 4.5 hours away, so I'm thinking about going to an independent mechanic that I know and trust. Does anyone have any experience or advice? If the work is documented properly, are my fears that going to an independent mechanic would void the warranty misplaced?
That is absolutely crazy. Thanks for posting.

wolftimj

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Brilliant idea! The site has been pretty fair to all the US dealers, but before too long, stuff like this is going to blow up in their faces.
As it should. May the free market take care of their sorry asses!

Local time
9:16 AM
Reaction score
To be fair, the dealer has to pay for his second home, first wife, golf club fees, second wife, mistress, multiple children, Ferrari in the garage, yacht club membership, yacht, multiple Rolexes, plastic surgery for his current wife and many more.
That $1200 profit won't go very far.
The dealership is owned by Holman, one of the larger dealer groups. That being said, south florida is the wild west when it comes to car sales.

Soflo Grenadier

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
How do you like the Grenny? Any issues with water intrusion? We have one on order anxiously waiting? Seems like you’ve driven a good amount of miles and are quite happy? Thank you for any advice. Best of luck.
No issues with water intrusion and it's been raining a lot where I live. I've been using it to drive all around South Florida and to do some off-roading as well. I love it. It's just a fun vehicle. You have to be prepared for some of the obvious downsides that come with such a tall, utility-like off-road vehicle, and if that's ok with you I'm sure you will like it too. I took delivery in early December and have just over 10k miles on it

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
I did and they offered to knock $200 off of the price! Comical. The dealer did a good job when I bought the vehicle. I didn't feel like they tried to play any unfair games and the rep, Thomas, is a good resource. However, I wish that Ineos had put some guardrails on the service business
It would be interesting / helpful if you could get the service advisor to send you a written quote for the service they’re recommending. I have to believe that there is more to this than an apples-to-apples comparison. The price difference is just too outrageous.

I was quoted approx $600 from Red Noland in Colorado.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:16 AM
Reaction score
Hi, new to the forum, been searching for an hour and didn't see another thread on this. I bought the Grenadier in December in South Florida. Absolutely love this truck that I waited years to get. I wanted to get the 1 year service done because I already have 10k miles and I might do a long road trip this summer. The dealer (Holman) quoted me $1,656.60 for the service not including tax, which puts the total over $1,800. Are other people getting these quotes in South Florida? I called the Tampa dealer in disbelief and they quoted me just over $400. Both quotes included the recommended maintenance including changing the diff fluid. Unfortunately the Tampa dealer is 4.5 hours away, so I'm thinking about going to an independent mechanic that I know and trust. Does anyone have any experience or advice? If the work is documented properly, are my fears that going to an independent mechanic would void the warranty misplaced?
The Florida dealer has to allow for hazard pay.
Going to get hot in Florida working under a car while wearing a ski mask and gloves.
1718767308842.jpg

grenadierguy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
10:16 AM
Reaction score
It would be interesting / helpful if you could get the service advisor to send you a written quote for the service they’re recommending. I have to believe that there is more to this than an apples-to-apples comparison. The price difference is just too outrageous.

I was quoted approx $600 from Red Noland in Colorado.
Even $600 seems expensive for drain and fill of three fluids! I wonder what JC British 4x4 will charge for it... too bad no-one can reset the oil service but the dealer.

Back
Top Bottom