The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Front drive shaft broken

Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
just noticed, Eibach USA has added the following statement to their 2.5 lift spring description.
Tested with factory dampers. Recommended to pair with Eibach Pro-Truck Reservoir Shocks. Damage could occur to factory drive shaft with change in ride height. Consult instruction manual for proper installation.

C-Mack

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:29 AM
Reaction score
just noticed, Eibach USA has added the following statement to their 2.5 lift spring description.
Tested with factory dampers. Recommended to pair with Eibach Pro-Truck Reservoir Shocks. Damage could occur to factory drive shaft with change in ride height. Consult instruction manual for proper installation.
A real vote of confidence when a manufacturer states out in the open their own plausible deniability. Do we need anymore evidence that big lifts on a Grenadier should be avoided at this stage until more engineering is done to the vehicle?

Local time
12:29 PM
Reaction score
No shocks, either OEM, Eibach or from another aftermarket manufacturer will do anything to change the issue regarding the drive shaft. And if those shocks are longer than the OEM spec then they will only exacerbate the issue.

The bottom line is that suspension modifications on any vehicle, Ineos, Jeep, Toyota or otherwise involve compromises to reliability and durability regardless of whether this happens to be called out in a fine print disclaimer.

LeeroyJ

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:29 PM
Reaction score
A real vote of confidence when a manufacturer states out in the open their own plausible deniability. Do we need anymore evidence that big lifts on a Grenadier should be avoided at this stage until more engineering is done to the vehicle?
The thing is in other vehicles (like Jeeps) a 2.5" lift is a tiny lift.

Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
here ya go
From what we have seen, there is an inherent design issue on the Ineos, as there have been driveshaft failures with the stock suspension. We have added notes to our instructions that specify not to loosen the track bar or control arms, and to not pull down on the axle when trying to remove the OE springs or to install the new Eibach Pro Lift springs. Failure to follow the instructions can possibly pinch or bind the boot causing a failure. In the instructions we specify to use a spring compressor to remove the springs, as well as use the spring compressor to install the lift springs. This is the method we use here and we have yet to see a failure on any of the vehicles we have tested here.

Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
I'm running a Mickey Thompson 255/85/r17 (34 x 10) on stock steel wheels and stock suspension without rub. I ran the IG from Lake city to American Basin last weekend without issue on this setup.
I’m looking at installing these today. Any issues with the gearing?

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:29 AM
Reaction score
I’m looking at installing these today. Any issues with the gearing?
Seems to be fine. I really don't notice much difference. Spedo is actually closer to correct and it uses 8th on the freeway no problem.

Back
Top Bottom