The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

overheating transfer case

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
Absolutely! And that's what I do most of the time.
The Gren gives you the opportunity to go faster comfortably if required (sometimes it _is_ required. Full stop.), allows easy overtaking etc. And I use this flexibility. Nothing more.
Got overtaken by an AMG G on the Autobahn with 220+ here recently. Twice. He had to stop for filling up ;-) If he thinks that's what's needed at that moment, why shouldn't he do it? He does things his way, and I take this tiny rest of freedom and do it my way. Generally, I believe you shouldn't have the idea that your own way should be the reference for others. Conversely, I don't like it when other people try to set standards for me.
I got 186mph out of aa GSX-R750 once, well that's what the speedo said anyway, and it was still accelerating. no skill whatsoever going in a straight line. Corners were taken slower :)

Mountain4x4

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:56 PM
Reaction score
Absolutely! And that's what I do most of the time.
The Gren gives you the opportunity to go faster comfortably if required (sometimes it _is_ required. Full stop.), allows easy overtaking etc. And I use this flexibility. Nothing more.
Got overtaken by an AMG G on the Autobahn with 220+ here recently. Twice. He had to stop for filling up ;-) If he thinks that's what's needed at that moment, why shouldn't he do it? He does things his way, and I take this tiny rest of freedom and do it my way. Generally, I believe you shouldn't have the idea that your own way should be the reference for others. Conversely, I don't like it when other people try to set standards for me.

I remember one of the Top Gear Races, and it was a real trick to figure out the fastest Clarkson could drive the AMG with out 10-20 minute fill ups. That certainly does you no good.

WanderingSniper

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
In the US it feels like everyone is trying to race you to the next light/exit. In my Jeep I used to ask the sports car guys if they wanted to race, but I get to pick the first mile? Then you look at the nearest hillside. We should do that in the Grenadier as well. Nothing wrong with going fast for you, and I for one am happy to hear the Truck handled it at all.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
3:56 PM
Reaction score
Wasn't the Tcase a issue during prototype testing. INEOS orginaly had a custom made but issue was so bad they got Termac to come in.

Reactions: AWo
Local time
11:56 PM
Reaction score
Wasn't the Tcase a issue during prototype testing. INEOS orginaly had a custom made but issue was so bad they got Termac to come in.
There were some issues, but this is common for most machines when the operating conditions differ worldwide. Tremec would have a vested interest as they design and build the transfer case so they would of been totally aware of all of Ineos' prototype testing and customer drive sessions and the issues, making continual design changes during this time.
This is a new transfer case for Tremec and it would not be a surprise if Tremec is looking for other vehicle manufacturers to buy it or sell it in their aftermarket transmission conversion catalogue.

Back
Top Bottom