The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

T-Case Leak and Potential Transmission Leak?

hoohoohama

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:49 PM
Reaction score
As an update - RDS replaced the the front output shaft seal and flange on the transfer case - after driving another almost 750 miles it appears to be fixed! RDS also took care of my 12k mile service during this visit (totaled around $750 - oil + filter change, new wiper blades, diff fluids replaced, tire rotation, HVAC filter change), as well as a few other issues - the door lock switch on the inside of the drivers door was broken (grateful that they replaced the part from a stock grenadier, as they didn't have a replacement part in stock) and also had them try to remove the NATO socket cover (no success here - I might try to get MileOne to replace the NATO socket on my grenadier under warranty, because it's impossible to remove the cover). Also, lastly, the oil leak on the starter/transmission block - it was confirmed that the oil was residual leak from the previous oil change (around 6,000 miles) and just ran down to that area - so good news is that the seal was not leaking there!
Hi GrenADV, I had the same oil leak around engine starter, and was told by my dealer initially that it was caused by a leaky rear main seal, after a month sitting at the dealer waiting for replacement parts, they told me it wasn’t caused by the rear main seal, instead it was some kind of engine lubricants that got melted when engine is hot and will drip down to engine starter. I still have the same issue today, a small drop of engine oil will show up near engine starter after driving. But I am skeptical about this story around residual leak or left over engine lubricant.

Back
Top Bottom