The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:52 PM
Reaction score

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score
On Friday I had Owl in Portland install lift, wheels, tires, spare relocation bracket and a Wolfbox G900.
They took great care protecting the boots on the driveshafts. I checked them when I got home and they were perfect.
I will definitely be addressing this but for now it is fine. Wolfbox is awesome!

IMG_6450.JPG
IMG_6448.JPG

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:52 AM
Reaction score
On Friday I had Owl in Portland install lift, wheels, tires, spare relocation bracket and a Wolfbox G900.
They took great care protecting the boots on the driveshafts. I checked them when I got home and they were perfect.
I will definitely be addressing this but for now it is fine. Wolfbox is awesome!

View attachment 7869554
View attachment 7869555
That does look good on those big tyres.😍
Can you elaborate on the details of tyres , wheels and lift details please. 🙏🏼

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:52 AM
Reaction score

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Today I was invited by INEOS to visit GRENADIERS AND COFFEE at Motorworld Böblingen near Stuttgart. There were about 30-40 customer vehicles on site and LeTech was there with some of their vehicles. The new special model Belstaff 1924 was presented and in a Q&A round all questions concerning the Grenadier could be asked. In addition to people from the marketing department, there were also employees from the technical department on site. Some customer vehicles had equipment fitted to their vehicles. Most of it was probably more or less driven around. The funniest thing I found was the brand new Rhino Rack shovel, which was fitted with edge protection. Hopefully the tough kid won't forget to put the protection back on when he has to dig himself free in the urban jungle. ;)
It was interesting to meet Grenadier drivers live. That's something else than in the forum.
I was also surprised that the marketing team was well prepared with regard to us customers. When I registered, I was greeted with ‘Hey, you own the first Grenadier delivered to a dealer in Germany and to you’. And I hadn't even said my name yet. INEOS team, if you're reading this, hats off again! And thank you for organising such a good event. I'll be there again next time!

Attachments

• MW3.jpeg
    MW3.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 77
  • MW2.jpeg
    MW2.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 88
  • MW1.jpeg
    MW1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 98

PNW_IG

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:52 PM
Reaction score

74CampySuperRecord

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:52 PM
Reaction score
I removed my temporary paper registration tag and bolted on my permanent Arizona license plate.

I also installed the front and rear Agile differential skid plates that arrived today. Yes, on a Sunday. The whole process took less than 20 minutes including searching for my misplaced reading glasses.

I missed out on meeting up for a drive with IG_in_AZ due to another issue but was still able to spend some time with the Grenadier.

Attachments

• IMG_4731.jpeg
    IMG_4731.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Znarfgh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:52 AM
Reaction score
How is it working?

I think the strut is something INEOS missed on the 2 seater. The lid is a bit awkward to handle.
The one I have just manages to hold the lid up. I will have it re-gassed to a higher spec at some point but for now it's OK. Mounted on the inside, it clears the positive terminal.

I did not even think of mounting it outside but need that space for a fuse box and on the other side, a CelFi.

20231106_11_12_33.png

4x4Brick #1561

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
6:52 PM
Reaction score
Today I was invited by INEOS to visit GRENADIERS AND COFFEE at Motorworld Böblingen near Stuttgart. There were about 30-40 customer vehicles on site and LeTech was there with some of their vehicles. The new special model Belstaff 1924 was presented and in a Q&A round all questions concerning the Grenadier could be asked. In addition to people from the marketing department, there were also employees from the technical department on site. Some customer vehicles had equipment fitted to their vehicles. Most of it was probably more or less driven around. The funniest thing I found was the brand new Rhino Rack shovel, which was fitted with edge protection. Hopefully the tough kid won't forget to put the protection back on when he has to dig himself free in the urban jungle. ;)
It was interesting to meet Grenadier drivers live. That's something else than in the forum.
I was also surprised that the marketing team was well prepared with regard to us customers. When I registered, I was greeted with ‘Hey, you own the first Grenadier delivered to a dealer in Germany and to you’. And I hadn't even said my name yet. INEOS team, if you're reading this, hats off again! And thank you for organising such a good event. I'll be there again next time!
Great story and pictures. Does the short door or ladder hit the shovel?

AUDIOBUS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Installed the rival transmission cover (posted in the Rival thread) and fit some nets in the cargo area for more of a convertible solution vs. those great looking hardware baskets. I've used these in other vehicles and they're very handy -- a couple of those small cheap carabiners and you can close the top so nothing flys out.

SideNet.JPG

Carolinaride

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I gave mine it’s first proper wash today since owning it. It’s had a couple of hosedowns to get mud etc off but I’ve not given it a decent tub.

Some observations:
It now looks a little whiter than cream - happy with that. 😊
I’m also looking forward to not having dirt coloured pants around the calves for a little while. 🥳
What kind of hell did the designers envisage when they designed this thing? Washing it is hard work - so many cracks and crevices and ladders and external hinges and L tracks and spare wheels etc to work around. How did you ex defender guys do it and stay positive? 🥵 perhaps this was the least of your problems. 😂
With my dodgey knee and not having access to a step ladder, I had no chance of cleaning the middle of roof or the middle of the windscreen. The windscreen is full of old bug carcasses so I’ll need to deal with that properly soon and then give it a dose of RainX.
The wheels have a lot more brake dust that the cruiser used to have. The X3 is the same so it must be a Euro car thing.

Anyway, that’s enough whinging. I suppose I should just go out and get it dirty again so I can get better with more practice. 😉
I agree. I baby mine more than i should and clean if once a week. Even at 6’2” i need a decent step ladder to reach the middle of the roof. I will say every time i clean it i appreciate more how well it is made.

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Great story and pictures. Does the short door or ladder hit the shovel?
That's a good question. I had thought about that too. Unfortunately, I never met the owner. But I assume that it was just enough. Anything else would be very embarrassing.

crashnburn

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At the British Car Festival in Chicago, IL yesterday.
Finally got to meet @TRAILMASTER with his Shale Blue IG (2nd IG I've seen the past 6months)

We were like salesmen explaining everything and showing the IG features to the curious event attendants.

Resized_20240908_142026.jpeg
View attachment 7869665

IMG_7899.jpeg

IMG_6496.jpeg

Last edited:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:52 AM
Reaction score
Had my second service today at my dealer, 40000 km (41035 to be exact). He noticed some damage that I hadn't seen, oops :oops:

The wet part is NOT oil but water, it was raining heavily when I drove to the workshop.
20240909_091304.jpg

He made also a software update of the head unit and I have know the software version 689002940.

BUT, the service warning still keeps coming up, even after my service, and this is now without interruption since September last year. Very annoying.
See the video I made after coming home

I asked my dealer to make a ticket with Ineos.

Fortunately I have a "temporary fix", see my post here:

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Had my second service today at my dealer, 40000 km (41035 to be exact). He noticed some damage that I hadn't seen, oops :oops:

The wet part is NOT oil but water, it was raining heavily when I drove to the workshop.
View attachment 7869657

He made also a software update of the head unit and I have know the software version 689002940.

BUT, the service warning still keeps coming up, even after my service, and this is now without interruption since September last year. Very annoying.
See the video I made after coming home

I asked my dealer to make a ticket with Ineos.

Fortunately I have a "temporary fix", see my post here:
Oopsy :oops: ! My left rear bumper corner is a few millimeters closer to the vehicle than the rt following an off roading event - wasn't aware of it for several weeks :).

Back
Top Bottom