The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

What did you do with your Grenadier today?

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:47 AM
Reaction score
More beach goodness.
Starting to get much more comfortable with the grenny’s capability in sand now. It does beach work as well as everything else, but the soft steep assents and churning through soft rough rutted dune tracks it does really easy. Nothing required more than high locked auto.
In the soft stuff I still reckon the big lazy V8 TTD in the 200 Series cruiser is king, but the Grenny would stay right behind it.

IMG_6656.jpeg
IMG_6649.jpeg

globalgregors

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
More beach goodness.
Starting to get much more comfortable with the grenny’s capability in sand now. It does beach work as well as everything else, but the soft steep assents and churning through soft rough rutted dune tracks it does really easy. Nothing required more than high locked auto.
In the soft stuff I still reckon the big lazy V8 TTD in the 200 Series cruiser is king, but the Grenny would stay right behind it.

View attachment 7868923
View attachment 7868924
Looks like you had great conditions! Was it windy? I find 5th gear low range to be a sweet spot on the real soft stuff.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks like you had great conditions! Was it windy? I find 5th gear low range to be a sweet spot on the real soft stuff.

Weather has been magic. Winds up to 45km/he tomorrow though, so we’ll do a morning fish and assess what we do for the rest of the day.
A lot of our travel has been near/at high tide so the beaches have been soft, and tracks have been soft but not super powdery like summer. That video on Insta just shows the top section, the run up off the beach was the fun bit, not super difficult but enough to use a bit of right foot.

TheDocAUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The car is booked in this Friday to have gas struts fitted to the battery box lid (2 seater Utility Wagon). Opening and closing the lid should be easier once it is done.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:47 AM
Reaction score
I installed smoked position lights... Yeah, I was bored... ;)

Left one installed, right time just before I started it.
View attachment 7869044
was a Land Rover parked there previously?

Can you whip them off quickly in order to access the recovery eyes or perhaps just use a centre insert?

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
was a Land Rover parked there previously?

Can you whip them off quickly in order to access the recovery eyes or perhaps just use a centre insert?
You're thinking of the backup lights just above the recovery hooks?
The smoked position lights are in the bumper just above.

The hooks are fully accessible. Its the leitner mounts. I'll snap a pic for you later in the morning

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
It's a step. Getting older so I added a step on the hitch. It's foldable.

I have a hitch lock on, its the blue bit.

I like the paclock locks. I have the same key for all my locks on my vehicle. Trailer lock, padlock (usually for my bike or motorcycle) etc. Makes it easier not to have to manage a bunch of different keys.

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
Trip to Tractor Supply to buy dog food…found this as well. Mind you the price shown was incorrect. Actually $37.99!

Not sure I will ever need it but one never knows!
IMG_3036.jpeg

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:47 PM
Reaction score
Trip to Tractor Supply to buy dog food…found this as well. Mind you the price shown was incorrect. Actually $37.99!

Not sure I will ever need it but one never knows!
View attachment 7869112
Just remember that that style of strap is only for traction extractions, no kinetic loading at all (y)

Side note, interesting that it is a 4" strap only rated at 30,000lbs... The usual calculation is 10,000lbs per 1" of strap width

OverlandGearGuy

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom