The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

Ever Pragmatic

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:41 PM
Reaction score

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Re leaking outer seal - Yes it seems to be at the point the seal takes a bend on the front edge. Doesn't seem to be because it is not stuck down properly but more likely that its not tight enough against the frame when it closes. Yet to do a chalk test.

Happily my agent got wet feet himself last week when he opened a door on one of their cars so he knows about it for sure! Its clearly an issue with the seal not completely closing the gap. Agent has reported the leaking seals to Ineos. And it does look like they already know about it.

Like others I will wait for Ineos/Agent fix before attempting rectification myself.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:41 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if the footwell/vent water could be entering through a hole in the bulkhead. Being such a square vehicle, could water be running through a wiring grommet somewhere? Maybe in @Jean Mercier case it is wicking along the vent and gaining entry somewhere. Not familiar with the behind the dash structures enough to make a guess.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:41 PM
Reaction score
Well I have just caught up on this thread and I am a little surprised to see that the wet feet club (WFC) has grown exponentially. I am not overly worried about it yet but Billybunter does come up with something that I hadn’t thought of and one that could be a game changer.

That trapped water freezing and preventing the door being opening on a lovely frosty morning. I can just imagine all the door seals peeling off as I pull the door open.

I believe on the current track record that IA will have all this rectified by winter though 😂

Note- of course all the dealers read this forum, even the ones that say they don’t. However if they don’t they should go out and get another job, as at this stage of the IG I would consider it neglectful not to read this forum..

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Not forgetting we also have the wet head club (WHC)...

Post in thread 'Any owners regret getting/not getting safari windows?' https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...tting-safari-windows.12412533/post-1333194929

I actually didn’t get the safari windows because of possible leak problems. LR couldn’t get it right for years so I had a hunch there would be possible problems.

I clearly shouldn’t have ordered doors either as these seem to suffer the same design problems 😝

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I actually didn’t get the safari windows because of possible leak problems. LR couldn’t get it right for years so I had a hunch there would be possible problems.

I clearly shouldn’t have ordered doors either as these seem to suffer the same design problems 😝
Then you could pick Daisy Duke up...

• Haha
Reactions: PBD

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:41 PM
Reaction score

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
11:41 AM
Reaction score
I haven't read through every post here so forgive me if I'm repeating something already expressed...

Is it possible that overzealous assembly line workers are hanging the doors in a way that ensures the advertised wading depth holds true for the duration? Maybe they're giving a bit too much adjustment inward of the lower hinge resulting in a slightly outward cant to the top of the doors. Tight seal on the lower half and a bit loose on the upper if you see what I mean. I don't know what the panel alignment standards are on these vehicles but I wouldn't think it would be high.

H11CCX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So am I the only one with the boot rinse option ??

RHD, drivers door

The UK has seen some decent rainfall in the last couple of days. After this I have noticed (it’s hard not to), when the drivers door is opened that a wave of water gushes out from the bottom door cill and rinses your shoes, or boots off, whilst this may be handy to some people, it’s just another niggle that I have come across, and another one I don’t favour to be honest.

It is clearly coming in higher up and then being held by the lower door seals which are doing their job but in reverse if you get my drift. The water is being captured ready for the poor driver to open the door and get the full on Ineos boot rinse function.

Whilst this is annoying my thoughts have gone to, what if the vehicle is left for a few days, will this eventually back up and flood the drivers footwell ??

Where is it coming from ? I wonder based on purely a hunch is it anything to do with the RAI (which mine has)

Just taken a still from a video, hopefully you can see the water coming out as the door is cracked open.
I too have the boot rinse option..so nice to be given this for free.

Ges

Local time
Reaction score
As you can hopefully detect from the freeze fram from the video, any vehicle that has a wave/sheet of water exit the vehicle when you open the door like that has a problem.

It’s only a 15 second clip and it’s too large to add on here I’m afraid.

Looks like it’s only me who has this problem then, but as I always say, if I didn’t have bad luck I wouldn’t have any luck !!!

It gets added to the list then for the agent.
Your Not the only one!
I have it too... only on drivers door RHD.... checked seal today the seal was Not stuck to door frame around the check strap. Pulled it away a little then got a hair dryer out and blasted the area got it dry and very warm, re-stuck the seal to the frame proper around the shape of door door frame by check strap...... hopeful that may be it but no rain today to test will keep you updated. 👍

Local time
4:41 AM
Reaction score
Pulled it away a little then got a hair dryer out and blasted the area got it dry and very warm, re-stuck the seal to the frame...
What adhesive did you use to restick it?

Ges

Local time
Reaction score
What adhesive did you use to restick it?
Hi, No adhesive at all just got it really warm/Hot then re-stuck with original adhesive as it was clean, chsvked it later 2/3 hours before forcast rain was promised it was still in place and firm...... However after a nights rain opened door with excitement and..... SPLASH 🙈💧🌊🤭 But seal still in place...... Soooo plan B I have 2mtr of washer jet black rubber pipe about 4mm in diameter going to push that into the outer door seal as in raises the seal if it works it's maybe the seal was/is to flat (faulty) or fitted incorrectly let you know as rain is forecast later this evening in the meantime ☔🌊🤭🤣😂

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Your Not the only one!
I have it too... only on drivers door RHD.... checked seal today the seal was Not stuck to door frame around the check strap. Pulled it away a little then got a hair dryer out and blasted the area got it dry and very warm, re-stuck the seal to the frame proper around the shape of door door frame by check strap...... hopeful that may be it but no rain today to test will keep you updated. 👍
May I suggest using some alcohol wipes on that area too before resticking with a bit of heat. Mines so far not come undone after the fix. Door closes fine without having to slam the door so hard.

simonpa

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The unseasonal !! weather of the past 48hours here in the UK has now proven that door seals in my RHD Grenadier are not doing what they
are supposed to do.
Like other members have highlighted water has accumulated between the seals of front passenger door resulting in sudden fall of water ( wet feet )
when door is opened.
In addition water has run down the inside of the large rear door and penetrated between the window glass and plastic moulding into the area
where rear wiper motor is located.
I will bring this to the attention of my dealer/agent as don't want the wiper to pack up and weather forecast for the next few months not good !

Ges

Local time
Reaction score
I haven't read through every post here so forgive me if I'm repeating something already expressed...

Is it possible that overzealous assembly line workers are hanging the doors in a way that ensures the advertised wading depth holds true for the duration? Maybe they're giving a bit too much adjustment inward of the lower hinge resulting in a slightly outward cant to the top of the doors. Tight seal on the lower half and a bit loose on the upper if you see what I mean. I don't know what the panel alignment standards are on these vehicles but I wouldn't think it would be high.
That is a fair point.... as my drivers door rhd does seem to protrude a tad on the upper edge of the front wing..... if it would Stop bloody raining I might get a better Look-See 🤓🧐🤭😂🤣

Back
Top Bottom