The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

Ges

Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
Honestly your absolutely Right, that is the old school fix...... however just to prove it is door alignment and or door seal Ive used another little trick and after a night of rain again it seems to have worked....
Got 2mtr of 4mm black rubber washer jet hose pushed itbinto the rubber door seal from the back corner of the drivers window all the way along top and down front of door aperture around check strap down to bottom corner, actually takes 2 min"s too do.
NO TSUNAMI THIS MORNING!!! even the wife got out of bed to watch me opening the driver's door at 0600 as I head out to the Gym in my "Crocodile Shoes"..... leave it a few days and you can all bid on my Crocodile Shoes as I will be back in my Otomix booties 🙈🤣😂💪😎💪
Update!!! H,mmmm after a Night of Heavy Rain from storm Antoni were back to Flippers on the drivers door..... nothing inside vehicle and I have safari windows so thats a plus
But the drivers door aperture is holding water til opened then weve got the Foot shower/TSUNAMI 🙈☔🌊

Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
Update!!! H,mmmm after a Night of Heavy Rain from storm Antoni were back to Flippers on the drivers door..... nothing inside vehicle and I have safari windows so thats a plus
But the drivers door aperture is holding water til opened then weve got the Foot shower/TSUNAMI 🙈☔🌊
I get exactly the same but on passenger footwell!

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:34 AM
Reaction score
Have you considered parking the vehicle undercover?

• Haha
Reactions: Ges

Barney

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:34 PM
Reaction score
in der Nähe von Frankfurt a. M. Deutschland
Hello everyone at the WFC. I had reported that my Grenadier was dry. It had a ripple of rubber in the passenger door that wasn't sticking. So the dealer gave me a new outer door rubber for the passenger door (LHD). After that I had the phenomenon for the first time with the boot shower. Yes, the vehicle was parked slightly tilted forward. It was a heavy rain shower. I have therefore compared both door rubbers, the new and the old. Is there any difference? I found that the rubber was not glued so tightly to the rebate edge of the door at the level of the exterior mirror. The fingertips could find space behind it. I heated the rubber with a hair dryer, carefully peeled off about 12 cm of the rubber and glued it back on slightly corrected. Now I'm waiting for rain and hope that the boot shower function is over. There seem to be only small things and slight irregularities that trigger the phenomenon. The dealer just told me they glued the rubber in correctly.

Attachments

• IMG_7859.jpeg
    IMG_7859.jpeg
    101.8 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_7860.jpeg
    IMG_7860.jpeg
    121.2 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_7861.jpeg
    IMG_7861.jpeg
    100 KB · Views: 72

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

Ges

Local time
Reaction score
Hello everyone at the WFC. I had reported that my Grenadier was dry. It had a ripple of rubber in the passenger door that wasn't sticking. So the dealer gave me a new outer door rubber for the passenger door (LHD). After that I had the phenomenon for the first time with the boot shower. Yes, the vehicle was parked slightly tilted forward. It was a heavy rain shower. I have therefore compared both door rubbers, the new and the old. Is there any difference? I found that the rubber was not glued so tightly to the rebate edge of the door at the level of the exterior mirror. The fingertips could find space behind it. I heated the rubber with a hair dryer, carefully peeled off about 12 cm of the rubber and glued it back on slightly corrected. Now I'm waiting for rain and hope that the boot shower function is over. There seem to be only small things and slight irregularities that trigger the phenomenon. The dealer just told me they glued the rubber in correctly.
Well, at least your dealer did something like a New rubber although fitted it incorrectly..... my dealer Grange at Balsall common UK seem to not have any technicians work there as the steering wheel can't be aligned properly as they don't have the right spanner..... and the wet feet can't even be looked at till ineos do a recall 🙈🤭 is there anyone on here that has had anything work wise done at this dealership????? 🤔

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
the steering wheel can't be aligned properly as they don't have the right spanner
Not sure if that is worse than my agent not having any engine oil or power steering fluid. 🛢️😕

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The Best Bit...... there an "Aston Martin" dealership 🙈🤭😂🤣
Obviously Aston Martin and the Grenadier have a lot in common, as long as it's not hourly rate wage charges.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
My car is parked slightly uphill, which means it is parked with the front higher. This makes the safari windows quite horizontal, so that the water does not run off but remains standing.

Good for testing but bad for my interior.

20230807_133548_UTC_1600x1200.JPG

foto added

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
The splashes near the display came down when I folded the sun visor down.

Local time
Reaction score
Well, at least your dealer did something like a New rubber although fitted it incorrectly..... my dealer Grange at Balsall common UK seem to not have any technicians work there as the steering wheel can't be aligned properly as they don't have the right spanner..... and the wet feet can't even be looked at till ineos do a recall 🙈🤭 is there anyone on here that has had anything work wise done at this dealership????? 🤔
Yes they are all Aston Martin owners don't pay for their ceramic coating either.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Try to park you car over night with the safari windows being level.

But in your flat country (Flanderland ...?) you will need a few thick wooden beams under the front wheels. ;)

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Pics....of tubing in rubber pulled a bit out so you can see it proper
I just reproduced your work with a 4 mm PU hose. It’s around 4 meters for the whole door.
„Unfortunately“ the weather seems to stay fine for the next week. But I will comment the effort as soon as some rain had its chance.

Reactions: Ges

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just reproduced your work with a 4 mm PU hose. It’s around 4 meters for the whole door.
„Unfortunately“ the weather seems to stay fine for the next week. But I will comment the effort as soon as some rain had its chance.
I've done exactly the same. Seems to make the seal stand out more proud so may create a closer fit. But again now (finally) it is not raining so I've not been able to test it.

Back
Top Bottom