The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
Just trying to keep track of all the experiences of wet feet-
seems you are all developing a consensus it’s most likely that water running down the front, vertical edge of the door from the gutter is the issue, and guessing that the seal fails/seeps around the ‘shoulder’ section of the door - does that ring true if you have the leak?

Possibly could add talc, or tack strips of paper, just inside of the seal on the door aperture front edge, from roof to near sill, to capture evidence of flow Start point.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:32 PM
Reaction score
Oddly enough I don't even notice the "footrest". Its such a non issue!

Ice getting between the door and the sill and expanding is more of an issue...
Non-issue, as you are spending all your time defrosting the truck!

• Haha
Reactions: PBD

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:32 PM
Reaction score
I've just experienced the wet-feet-on-opening experience. Only on the drivers side (RHD). No water inside at all though. If it is coming down the gutter at the front of the door then it must be getting past the seal, otherwise what is holding it in? and if it is getting inside the seal to pool at the bottom, how much would need to get in before it was above the level of the sill and thus into the footwell?

If it is not getting past the seal then I can't see why it is not just running out freely. My worry is really what happens when it freezes?
Welcome to this very special club!

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This whole water ingress thing is... hilarious. My 18-year-old Triton tray back still has no leak, never has, probably never will until it all falls apart. $100K+ high quality vehicle and leaks galore. Surely the seal designer is a mole from JLR?

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
This whole water ingress thing is... hilarious. My 18-year-old Triton tray back still has no leak, never has, probably never will until it all falls apart. $100K+ high quality vehicle and leaks galore. Surely the seal designer is a mole from JLR?
It’s a none issue. It’s getting whay bigger than it actually is. It’s the outer seal, not sitting correctly to the door, or it’s come undone. So just go around the edges with a roller, stick them back down, put some silicone dressing on so it doesnt stick to the door frame in case of heat.

Worse case, take off, alchohol wipes and dealer to change new seal.

Many cars including my Jimny don’t have this issue because they don’t have outer seals, just one. So this Grenadier will be amazing wading water.

Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It’s a none issue. It’s getting whay bigger than it actually is. It’s the outer seal, not sitting correctly to the door, or it’s come undone. So just go around the edges with a roller, stick them back down, put some silicone dressing on so it doesnt stick to the door frame in case of heat.

Worse case, take off, alchohol wipes and dealer to change new seal.

Many cars including my Jimny don’t have this issue because they don’t have outer seals, just one. So this Grenadier will be amazing wading water.
Why is anyone doing repairs themselves when the warranty of a car requires the manufacturer to fix it. I would take it back; dealer fix it properly. Some others might be happy to repair their own vehicles but in this world where people are paying top dollar, the fix is on the manufacturer. Any future claim would be void if the dealer can see you have tampered with components (where that component is concerned of course).

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:32 PM
Reaction score
You’re right at this price point the new owner shouldn’t have to be making repairs to their brand new vehicle…in theory, however I think the point is that it’s a simple repair, a rubber seal. For a new brand and new vehicle, I’ll take weather seal problems and other easy to fix punch list items as part of the risk of being an early adopter.

It would be another matter entirely if the design of the door allowed water to come into the cabin with the door closed and/or windows up…or some other critical design flaw.

If small items make one crazy or don’t meet someone’s price/quality standards, they should probably wait a few model years.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
They probably already read it incognito so as not to be inundated with questions
Makes sense, I am aware that they look occasionally, but not as members. I'm also aware that they know any shortcomings identified to date.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
You’re right at this price point the new owner shouldn’t have to be making repairs to their brand new vehicle…in theory, however I think the point is that it’s a simple repair, a rubber seal. For a new brand and new vehicle, I’ll take weather seal problems and other easy to fix punch list items as part of the risk of being an early adopter.

It would be another matter entirely if the design of the door allowed water to come into the cabin with the door closed and/or windows up…or some other critical design flaw.

If small items make one crazy or don’t meet someone’s price/quality standards, they should probably wait a few model years.
When I started my first company 20 years ago I purchased two Ford Falcon AU sedans as company cars.
The doors curved over the lip of the roof and driving up the Hume highway doing 130kmh in the rain I started getting wet.
The top frame of the door was pushing open and I could see daylight and feel rain coming in.
Dropped the speed down to 120kmh and it closed again.
Ford's answer was "don't go over 120kmh if it's raining"

1688222532470.png

Local time
Reaction score
@Ever Pragmatic reported water dropping from the top seal when opening the rear doors.

It could get a tad annoying at times especially when using the vehicle overlanding with drawers, fridge and cooking. Not sure Ineos will be able to address. My Troopy had split rear doors but there's a gutter above the doors so no issue.
A stick on aftermarket rain type deflector as used on windows might be a fix, but these days you'd expect not to have issues like this on a modern vehicle. I'd be mighty pissed if our new AUD$80k Jeep GC did this but we seem to give the $125k Gren a pass. 🤷

Attachments

• IMG_0347 00000.jpg
    IMG_0347 00000.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 30

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Ever Pragmatic reported water dropping from the top seal when opening the rear doors.

It could get a tad annoying at times especially when using the vehicle overlanding with drawers, fridge and cooking. Not sure Ineos will be able to address. My Troopy had split rear doors but there's a gutter above the doors so no issue.
A stick on aftermarket rain type deflector as used on windows might be a fix, but these days you'd expect not to have issues like this on a modern vehicle. I'd be mighty pissed if our new AUD$80k Jeep GC did this but we seem to give the $125k Gren a pass. 🤷
I also reported water tracking down the rear door on my pre-PDI photos:

Post in thread 'Unacceptable build quality issues on delivery?' https://www.theineosforum.com/threa...y-issues-on-delivery.12411912/post-1333172331

Reactions: PBD
Back
Top Bottom