The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

Schoeniman

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:29 PM
Reaction score
So am I the only one with the boot rinse option ??

RHD, drivers door

The UK has seen some decent rainfall in the last couple of days. After this I have noticed (it’s hard not to), when the drivers door is opened that a wave of water gushes out from the bottom door cill and rinses your shoes, or boots off, whilst this may be handy to some people, it’s just another niggle that I have come across, and another one I don’t favour to be honest.

It is clearly coming in higher up and then being held by the lower door seals which are doing their job but in reverse if you get my drift. The water is being captured ready for the poor driver to open the door and get the full on Ineos boot rinse function.

Whilst this is annoying my thoughts have gone to, what if the vehicle is left for a few days, will this eventually back up and flood the drivers footwell ??

Where is it coming from ? I wonder based on purely a hunch is it anything to do with the RAI (which mine has)

Just taken a still from a video, hopefully you can see the water coming out as the door is cracked open.
I‘ve experienced the same thing with my Grenadier and have raised the issue with Ineos already

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Emax, Bummer to hear about the water rim stain from the Safari windows, which I am getting too.
I once left my Range Rover Sport moon roof open and then started to spray the roof off and thought I had ruined the white headliner as it had brown water rim stains all over. Thought I would have to replace the whole headliner. Instead I found a product that both removed the stains and returned my headliner to new condition.
Just also used it again where my wife decided she did not like a small bug clinging to our headliner in our New Defender and in trying to gently remove it, instead ended up smashing the bug into the headliner, which left a dark stain on the white headliner. It completely removed the stain to like new again. The product is called Folex and is easily available on Amazon and elsewhere. It is simply the best and safest product to remove stains on fabric and upholstery. Been around for 40 years plus.
Here's instructions on how I use it. DaBull
FOLEX USE INSTRUCTIONS
1 - Wrap a lightly damp soft mircofiber cloth over a lightly damp sponge.
2 - Spray some Folex onto the microfiber cloth, enough so it is lightly wet.
3 - Start in a small area and dab the head liner so that it lightly absorbs the Folex.
4 - Keep dabbing until you see results of dirt/stain removal and keep moving outwards.
5 - If your just trying to remove 1 or 2 stains, then feather out your dabbing from the
area that is lightly wet until you are feathering it into a dry area to blend it from lightly wet to dry.
6 - Allow to dry completely and repeat if necessary.
Note: If you decide to also spray the head liner directly, make sure it is a fine mist and keep the
area being misted to a small area and as above, dab lightly and blend out.
Important: Do not rub ever or you will ruin the headliner, only dab.
Let us know your results, hopefully as good as mine, like new!
DaBull
Amazon Germany offers Folex for 119€/1800ml. Sounds like a bargain.

I agree with @emax, this is unfortunately a warranty issue and thus he shouldn’t touch it.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
CarWash first time today, everything dry inside!😁🙏

Attachments

• IMG_5371.jpeg
    IMG_5371.jpeg
    152.7 KB · Views: 84

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
Just because it is so nice I tried the trick again…
We had biblical rain in England last week and no issues with leaks for me at all (doors or safari windows). Not sure it's an intrinsic design fault. Perhaps specific build issues with door seals?

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Knowing how the roof strips just pop on, I wonder how long until the inevitable post "car wash ate my car"?

Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
I'd cringe going through one of those, I think you'd see lots of swirls afterwards in the paintwork on a dark colour.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I'd cringe going through one of those, I think you'd see lots of swirls afterwards in the paintwork on a dark colour.
Agree, in the UK the majority, if not all, recycle the water in auto car washes.

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You’re right, with our other cars we use a premium wash park without brushes. Perfect results no swirls. But height is limited to 2m.
This one is up to 2.40m. One reason that I took SW was : You don’t see swirls and scratches. In the meanwhile I like even the Sunprotection of the white.
After 5000km the Grenadier need a wash or new windscreen, otherwise I see nothing 😂 and cleaning the windscreen with a wet newspaper is hard work. I had not the time to wash by hand,and…. it‘s the car for purpose and not posing.

Last edited:

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've just experienced the wet-feet-on-opening experience. Only on the drivers side (RHD). No water inside at all though. If it is coming down the gutter at the front of the door then it must be getting past the seal, otherwise what is holding it in? and if it is getting inside the seal to pool at the bottom, how much would need to get in before it was above the level of the sill and thus into the footwell?

If it is not getting past the seal then I can't see why it is not just running out freely. My worry is really what happens when it freezes?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've just experienced the wet-feet-on-opening experience. Only on the drivers side (RHD). No water inside at all though. If it is coming down the gutter at the front of the door then it must be getting past the seal, otherwise what is holding it in? and if it is getting inside the seal to pool at the bottom, how much would need to get in before it was above the level of the sill and thus into the footwell?

If it is not getting past the seal then I can't see why it is not just running out freely. My worry is really what happens when it freezes?
I wouldn't worry... the extremely large RHD footrest obtrusion will block it - like a dam wall!!!

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry... the extremely large RHD footrest obtrusion will block it - like a dam wall!!!
Oddly enough I don't even notice the "footrest". Its such a non issue!

Ice getting between the door and the sill and expanding is more of an issue...

marko

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Yeah I’ve had it once on each side depending on slope of the ground I’ve parked on. Needs to be seriously heavy rain though. Hadn’t thought about freezing that’s a good point. Looks like the water is channeled along the gutter and overflows at the A pillar but can’t see how the water gets past the outer door seal. Was going to raise with my agent ahead of visit to fit missing tow ball etc.

Reactions: PBD

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve had it once on each side depending on slope of the ground I’ve parked on. Needs to be seriously heavy rain though. Hadn’t thought about freezing that’s a good point. Looks like the water is channeled along the gutter and overflows at the A pillar but can’t see how the water gets past the outer door seal. Was going to raise with my agent ahead of visit to fit missing tow ball etc.
I just raised it with my agent. Apparently first time they have heard of this. Hmmm...

Yes I'm pretty sure its off the gutter and in at the A. I can't see that it's getting inside the seal though. So it must be outside. But then how on earth is the water getting held between the sill and bottom of the door? Can't be that tight a panel fit! and there isn't a secondary seal that I can see.

Well I'm getting my side steps soon (hopefully) so I'll get them to look.

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I just raised it with my agent. Apparently first time they have heard of this. Hmmm...

Yes I'm pretty sure its off the gutter and in at the A. I can't see that it's getting inside the seal though. So it must be outside. But then how on earth is the water getting held between the sill and bottom of the door? Can't be that tight a panel fit! and there isn't a secondary seal that I can see.

Well I'm getting my side steps soon (hopefully) so I'll get them to look.
On further examination I agree with Shaky at the beginning of this thread. Its getting trapped between the two seals - one on the car and one on the door. Water is getting through one seal (the one on the door - the outer seal, so to speak) but not the other inner seal (one on the car).

Chadd7

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:29 PM
Reaction score
On further examination I agree with Shaky at the beginning of this thread. Its getting trapped between the two seals - one on the car and one on the door. Water is getting through one seal (the one on the door - the outer seal, so to speak) but not the other inner seal (one on the car).
Is there a way to do a chalk dust test? Put chalk dust on the upper rubber seal, close and open the door and see where it does not provide contact in the door frame?

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
In fact, quality is exceeding our expectations. So, this is a regular occurrence this wet foot thing. At least it is fixable. Again, ensure your dealer fixes this and not you so that you retain warranty and avoid 'confusion' should you ever go to make a claim for something you tried to 'rectify'.

Back
Top Bottom