The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
Ges - I had already noticed that the door at the top does not seem to have the same level of pressured fit as the bottom. Just like the old Defender doors. I certainly think this is a contributing factor to Wet Feet.

The old school fix is to wind the window down. Open the door. Stick your knee into the door card and and pull the top of the door inwards with both hands.

I won’t be doing it to mine, but if you want me to nip over to Sutton I will fix yours 😂

Ges

Local time
5:43 PM
Reaction score
Ges - I had already noticed that the door at the top does not seem to have the same level of pressured fit as the bottom. Just like the old Defender doors. I certainly think this is a contributing factor to Wet Feet.

The old school fix is to wind the window down. Open the door. Stick your knee into the door card and and pull the top of the door inwards with both hands.

I won’t be doing it to mine, but if you want me to nip over to Sutton I will fix yours 😂
Honestly your absolutely Right, that is the old school fix...... however just to prove it is door alignment and or door seal Ive used another little trick and after a night of rain again it seems to have worked....
Got 2mtr of 4mm black rubber washer jet hose pushed itbinto the rubber door seal from the back corner of the drivers window all the way along top and down front of door aperture around check strap down to bottom corner, actually takes 2 min"s too do.
NO TSUNAMI THIS MORNING!!! even the wife got out of bed to watch me opening the driver's door at 0600 as I head out to the Gym in my "Crocodile Shoes"..... leave it a few days and you can all bid on my Crocodile Shoes as I will be back in my Otomix booties 🙈🤣😂💪😎💪

Ges

Local time
Reaction score

Attachments

• 20230804_143617.jpg
    20230804_143617.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 126
  • 20230804_143551.jpg
    20230804_143551.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 128
  • 20230804_143555.jpg
    20230804_143555.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 127
  • 20230804_143628.jpg
    20230804_143628.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 130
  • 20230804_143144.jpg
    20230804_143144.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 131
  • 20230804_143011.jpg
    20230804_143011.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 129

NoAge Hunter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:43 PM
Reaction score
So am I the only one with the boot rinse option ??

RHD, drivers door

The UK has seen some decent rainfall in the last couple of days. After this I have noticed (it’s hard not to), when the drivers door is opened that a wave of water gushes out from the bottom door cill and rinses your shoes, or boots off, whilst this may be handy to some people, it’s just another niggle that I have come across, and another one I don’t favour to be honest.

It is clearly coming in higher up and then being held by the lower door seals which are doing their job but in reverse if you get my drift. The water is being captured ready for the poor driver to open the door and get the full on Ineos boot rinse function.

Whilst this is annoying my thoughts have gone to, what if the vehicle is left for a few days, will this eventually back up and flood the drivers footwell ??

Where is it coming from ? I wonder based on purely a hunch is it anything to do with the RAI (which mine has)

Just taken a still from a video, hopefully you can see the water coming out as the door is cracked open.
I have exactly the same topic. So far could not find the reason. Happens on both front doors.

Reactions: PBD

H11CCX

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I too have the boot rinse option..so nice to be given this for free.
The dealership seem to have solved this issue on my vehicle..not sure how though. The noted it can happen on either door or just one.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
After my Grenadier was left unused in the rain for three days I got in today. And a splash from above hit the dashboard: It came from the safari window on the driver side. A shallow, round puddle on the dashboard - just to the left of the main display - 10-12 centimeters in diameter. There were also a few drops of water hanging from the sun visor.

👿
typo

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@emax - you've had evidence of water ingress before I think? Has it been back to the agent's?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Yes, there was evidence.

First, the headliner has water rims between the safaries and the doors.
Second, after a heavy rain, there was a big splash when opening the doors (outside, which is not necessarily an intrusion) and some water in the footwell on both sides.
Third, I had a few drops of water here and there in the front that I didn't take care of at first (so I can't describe exactly where).

It was not yet at the agent but I called them yersterday for an appointent to fix this and they will call back (it was too late on friday).

I have taken an photograph and will post it here later.

Tom D

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I noticed the foot wash one morning. I’m pretty sure it runs out of the bottom of the gutter and in at the top front corner of the door. It must get past the outer seal at that point. Only happens if the vehicle is facing downhill. It has been out in the rain several times and only happened once.
I think an easy fix would be to block the bottom of the gutter end cap and force the water to run off in the forward position rather than back under the end cap towards the door.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
12:43 PM
Reaction score
My foot wash happens when the vehicle is parked on the flat, it doesn’t happen when it is parked facing uphill for obvious reasons.

You are right Tom, it comes straight off the gutter and in past the seal at the top front corner.

I am interested in your fix Ges, as build the seal out at the top seems to fix it and I wonder if that’s what H11CCX agent did to fix his.

I certainly won’t be doing it, that’s IA’s problem not mine.

Back
Top Bottom