The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Owl Vans - Let's Talk Grenadier Parts!

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:45 PM
Reaction score
I’d be happy with any kind of shipping TBH. I’m still waiting to hear about my order (#2036) for two items that were listed as “in stock”, that I placed and paid for on September 29. I’ve had no response to an email to your company asking for an update. Can someone at Owl Vans please give me an update? Thanks. Matt
I am not trying to be argumentative I promise as I actually agree that if you placed and order and are waiting on that item with no updates after a week, I would be trying to make contact as well. So I have to ask the people reading this thread, I keep reading about no responses to emails, but has anyone called the business? I have had long wait times on several orders placed even with my favorite companies (ExpeditionHQ, Agile, yes Owl too, etc) and when I don’t get any update by a weeks time or any emailed response, I always call and get my answer (yep even call internationally, called EHQ 3 times). Most of the times the number one thing I hear from the company is that they are so busy with orders that it’s hard to keep up with daily emails, so they are behind on emails but concentrating on personnel getting orders out. Yes they could hire more employees, and maybe they will eventually and this could all be growing pains. Even though that sucks, it’s actually good news to me as shows many Grenadier owners out there. Anyway, hope you and everyone else who are waiting on packages get them sooner more than later. 👍🙏

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:45 AM
Reaction score
Unfortunately due to the variety of purchase options for the same product, Shopify does not allow us to track inventory. For example, if we have the same product with a shipping option or local pickup, or installation, Shopify counts that as three different products even if the SKUs are the same. Therefore we could be sold out of “Install” but have stock of “local pickup”. The stock needs to be able to be used for all purchase options. We have yet to find a way to do this
I think what you're asking for is conditional logic to separate stock keeping units from additional services such as pickup.

Very common in configurators for more complex sales transactions.
I have set that up for my products in my company. Not Shopify (we are a really big company with billions of dollars of orders) but the problem sounds similar.

I did quick Google and perhaps something like this?

You need to hack it up as this is more advanced but it seems capable of adding advanced logic based on conditions to sku's.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:15 AM
Reaction score
I am not trying to be argumentative I promise as I actually agree that if you placed and order and are waiting on that item with no updates after a week, I would be trying to make contact as well. So I have to ask the people reading this thread, I keep reading about no responses to emails, but has anyone called the business? I have had long wait times on several orders placed even with my favorite companies (ExpeditionHQ, Agile, yes Owl too, etc) and when I don’t get any update by a weeks time or any emailed response, I always call and get my answer (yep even call internationally, called EHQ 3 times). Most of the times the number one thing I hear from the company is that they are so busy with orders that it’s hard to keep up with daily emails, so they are behind on emails but concentrating on personnel getting orders out. Yes they could hire more employees, and maybe they will eventually and this could all be growing pains. Even though that sucks, it’s actually good news to me as shows many Grenadier owners out there. Anyway, hope you and everyone else who are waiting on packages get them sooner more than later. 👍🙏
It's actually been over 3 weeks since I bought and paid for my order in full. Telephoning them from Australia in the middle of the night is not an easy option. Hopefully they respond and my goods are on their way soon.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:45 PM
Reaction score
Not mine it seems. I bought the hood and rear door release / handles so the padded envelope they arrived in was maybe 12 ounces.

Shipping from Arizona to Northern California was $29.94. I love the products, I just would think twice if I had an equivalent choice.

I understand what you're saying about subsidized shipping, on certain items the cost is simply built into the cost of doing business reduce sticker shock.

I think the envelope, padding and tape that this shipment came with was probably $.85, the cost of having someone put it in the envelope was maybe $3.00. The actual shipping (UPS Ground) might have been $11.

$30. was alot.

I ship various sized equipment through UPS (and others) and I do not think I have ever seen my cost for shipping alone be less than $ 12 for years.

DoubleDoom

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
How are getting the items shipped to the UK @Logsplitter ? I was under the impression that it was a USA only shop!
I ordered from Owl on 27th Sept after verifying they ship to UK. Still waiting for the items. i just logged into check order status and it says "Your order is confirmed, You’ll receive an email when your order is ready." So that reads as if it hasn't been despatched yet.

Local time
Reaction score
I’ve ordered stuff from other countries, like Australia. I pick up the phone and call during THIER hours of operation. All other considerations aside, I did know where they were located when I chose to conduct business.

Michael_in_Baja

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I ship various sized equipment through UPS (and others) and I do not think I have ever seen my cost for shipping alone be less than $ 12 for years.
Me too. It was a padded envelope the size of your hand. I have DHL envelope coming 3 day from London this week that is a similar size, it was $27.

I wandered in here to post photos of the amazing handles I received from Owl, someone mentioned shipping costs, I mentioned they were high.

The fellow from Owl expressed confusion because they absorb part of the cost, they didn't in my case. I don't care, it just wasn't true.

Last edited:

LeonD

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I understand the frustration with vendors. The bigger issue I have is placing an order with a vendor, paying full price with shipping at the time of the order, and nothing. I would be more patient if I was charged only after the item was shipped. Best of luck to all who have orders waiting to be fulfilled or to be shipped, I'm in the same boat with Owl.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve ordered stuff from other countries, like Australia. I pick up the phone and call during THIER hours of operation. All other considerations aside, I did know where they were located when I chose to conduct business.
See I even agreed with your post & gave a thumbs up!! Even frenemies can be civil. I joke I joke I kid I kid. I hope you don’t hold anything I said in the other thread personal. I don’t on what you said to me. This is an anonymous forum after all. Olive branch has been extended…..✌️

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I understand the frustration with vendors. The bigger issue I have is placing an order with a vendor, paying full price with shipping at the time of the order, and nothing. I would be more patient if I was charged only after the item was shipped. Best of luck to all who have orders waiting to be fulfilled or to be shipped, I'm in the same boat with Owl.

1729524428026.gif

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:45 PM
Reaction score
How are getting the items shipped to the UK @Logsplitter ? I was under the impression that it was a USA only shop!
They definitely will deliver to UK
I had my Owl vans accessory rail for my Grenadier shipped via DHL. Now waiting on the Rosen visors and ARB under seat compressor mount to arrive.

Local time
Reaction score
I love the vibe of Owl and I always appreciate quality items. It is because of this that I ordered Buzz Overland drawers through them, pre-paid. There are many others who sell these drawers to include direct purchase from the manufacturer. To date, nothing. I have e-mailed and I have called. Different message each time. Responses from Owl: We will be getting delivery the first week of September, they will be here the second week of September.....they will be here in a few days.......they will be here in October......I will call you back with more information (no call back) .........you should be getting shipping info any minute.....nothing, no shipping information........we have to call the manufacturer.......have you called the manufacturer yet?......This is not acceptable I will call the manufacturer and call you back (no call back)..... End of responses from Owl. I'm not sure why they have to call the manufacturer if they received delivery. Will Owl be shipping the items or will Buzz Overland be shipping from the UK? I try to be patient but as supply of the drawers dwindle I grow frustrated that I will be again be waiting for months., while Owl has my money. Owl had no issues charging my credit card quickly and efficiently at the time of the order. Owl is the exclusive distributor for the Rosen Visors, I want to place an order for the Rosen Visors, but I hesitate to pre-pay again and wait....and wait.....and wait....and receive excuse after excuse. Disappointing.
Update: I called Owl moments ago to get an update on the drawers, they read my post on Sunday and I was in a queue for a call to explain and apologize for the delay, they agree, not cool. They promised a commitment for timely and accurate information and that if I wanted I can obtain a full refund. We talked about options, including cancelling the order with Owl and making an order directly with the US distributor. Owl asked me to give them another chance to make this right and I agreed. They will be providing me with an update on the drawers in a few days. In the mean time the Rosen visors are in and the Owl slider side steps are back from powder coating. Rosen visor will be sent out today. Owl gave me a break on the price of the slider side steps and free shipping, will be shipped today. Thanks Owl, efforts to correct first world problems is always appreciated. I'm really glad I called and talked with Owl.

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Update: I called Owl moments ago to get an update on the drawers, they read my post on Sunday and I was in a queue for a call to explain and apologize for the delay, they agree, not cool. They promised a commitment for timely and accurate information and that if I wanted I can obtain a full refund. We talked about options, including cancelling the order with Owl and making an order directly with the US distributor. Owl asked me to give them another chance to make this right and I agreed. They will be providing me with an update on the drawers in a few days. In the mean time the Rosen visors are in and the Owl slider side steps are back from powder coating. Rosen visor will be sent out today. Owl gave me a break on the price of the slider side steps and free shipping, will be shipped today. Thanks Owl, efforts to correct first world problems is always appreciated. I'm really glad I called and talked with Owl.
First quoting yourself, NIIIIICCCCEEE!!!! 😎

I am glad you called and got it worked out. I really think they are just experiencing growing pains for some of y’all with order issues. They are a great company with solid employees. 👍🙏

Borg54 (Owl Vans)

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
Not mine it seems. I bought the hood and rear door release / handles so the padded envelope they arrived in was maybe 12 ounces.

Shipping from Arizona to Northern California was $29.94. I love the products, I just would think twice if I had an equivalent choice.

I understand what you're saying about subsidized shipping, on certain items the cost is simply built into the cost of doing business reduce sticker shock.

I think the envelope, padding and tape that this shipment came with was probably $.85, the cost of having someone put it in the envelope was maybe $3.00. The actual shipping (UPS Ground) might have been $11.

$30. was alot.
Hey Michael, I agree that $30 is too much for those items. I am not sure if it was updated after the fact, or there was an error in the shipping cost calculations. I added those same items to the shopping cart and it is showing just $9.95 regardless of the address I chose. I went in and credited you back the shipping because that is not what it was supposed to be. If you could do me a favor and do your same order with your same address (not purchase just add to cart) and see if it is still calculating the higher shipping?

Domestic is a flat fee typically, international shipping is based on actual DHL rates.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 10.44.52 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 10.44.52 AM.png
    81.6 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom