The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Owl Vans - Let's Talk Grenadier Parts!

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:19 PM
Reaction score
That stinks that you are experience this. In my past orders with them I have had great customer service. I order the hood release handle, and it was the wrong color. They quickly sent the correct color as well as a return label
i had the exact same experience in my prior order from them (that was the handle for the trunk door and a cell phone mount) a few months ago. I really think they should improve their communications and processes.

Borg54 (Owl Vans)

Grenadier Owner
Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I'm not sure if owl reads this or not but this is the second time i've ordered a product from them and i am not in love with the process. Maybe I'm too American and like the instant gratification but the shipping times and lack of estimate when products are going to be shipped is just not great. Especially not for items that are supposed to be in inventory.

i ordered the visors 6 days ago (last tuesday) and to date i have gotten no update what so ever except an initial order confirmation. How hard can it be to get the visors shipped out within lets say 2 days if they are in stock? And if they are not in stock, how hard is it to send a notice to let me know that they aren't in stock?

I thought it needed to be said out loud. Hopefully they improve.
We do our best to ship products as quickly as possible and we try to be very clear about our lead times. The lead time on the visors is at the very top of the listing in bold (we updated it before selling out). I am open to suggestions as to how we could make this more clear.

Screenshot 2024-09-23 at 9.31.04 AM.png

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for the update. If you use a cell phone (which is how i ordered the product) the page layout is different than what you show.

The cell phone page layout puts the pictures on top followed by price, shipping and add to cart and after this comes the google review and then the product description.
Unfortunately to see ETA you need to scroll down to the product description when you are on a mobile phone (something i didn't feel a need to do, i already read the product reviews and i saw your video on youtube).

May i suggest that you place the sold out right next to where the price is (close to add to cart) so its more obvious when accessing the page from a mobile device?

i would also place this information in the order confirmation. I think what really got me off a tangent was the sentence "We're getting your order ready to be shipped".
I would have preferred if it stated "This product is sold out, ETA for next batch is mid-october". At least in my book its hard to get an order ready to be shipped if its sold out...?

1727112086392.png

i feel better knowing that its a miscommunication. I really didn't see that the product was delayed.
for what its worth I mostly use my cell phone and tablet for all my ordering. I almost never use a laptop or computer and i just checked, the page renders differently on mobile devices than on computers.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked and answered, but how scratchproof is this acrylic? I know acrylic is more likely to crack or shatter than polycarbonate in an accident scenario and I'm sure this contributes to that safety disclaimer. But I'm mostly wondering about normal/hard use and sliding it around, maybe being scuffed against the ceiling moulding, dirty hands, or whatnot over the years.

Maybe someone here has experience with these Rosen visors ... do scratches easily accumulate? Thanks!

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
acrylic is much more scratch resistant than polycarbonate. It doesn't tolerate chemicals as well (eg. don't use ammonia on your sunvisor) but it is highly scratch resistant and much more optically clear than polycarbonate. Acrylic is 17 times more impact resistant than glass. i use polycarbonate eyeglasses but it comes at a price of having slightly worse optical quality.

I think it will stand the test of time. Its worked well in aviation including military aviation. Mrap military vehicles uses acrylic sunvisors as well.
While i don't have the product in my hands yet, i know the history of the material and rosen is a legitimate producer for lots of industries.

Back
Top Bottom