The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

My front for the Grenadier

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:23 AM
Reaction score
I love the look of the Defender 110, which gives it a modification, but the question is: can that modification be legalized? It does NOT comply with pedestrian protection standards, the bumper to be able to travel on the road has to be deformable and that one is not. , current European legislation PROHIBITS Steel/Aluminum plates on the front wings due to the same road safety requirements, then you will not be able to pass ITV or circulate, perhaps only off-road, and also when modifying structural points of a new vehicle. homologation, maybe the manufacturer's warranty is also lost? Correct me if I'm wrong. Greetings Paco

Cheshire cat

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
I love the look of the Defender 110, which gives it a modification, but the question is: can that modification be legalized? It does NOT comply with pedestrian protection standards, the bumper to be able to travel on the road has to be deformable and that one is not. , current European legislation PROHIBITS Steel/Aluminum plates on the front wings due to the same road safety requirements, then you will not be able to pass ITV or circulate, perhaps only off-road, and also when modifying structural points of a new vehicle. homologation, maybe the manufacturer's warranty is also lost? Correct me if I'm wrong. Greetings Paco
Hi Paco
That will be country dependent. You are quite right to highlight it though. Be a bummer if you purchased and then found out that in your country, it was illegal.

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:23 PM
Reaction score
the question is: can that modification be legalized
Every country and province is going to be different. Fortunately in British Columbia, our law reads: "A motor vehicle, except a motorcycle, shall be equipped with a front bumper, and where a replacement bumper has been installed, it shall give substantially the same protection as the bumper originally installed by the manufacturer. A bumper shall be securely fastened to the vehicle, and the bumper bar or brackets shall not be broken, loose or missing. A bumper must not have a sharp or ragged edge and must not protrude beyond the side of the vehicle." ✅🏁

Paco Garcia

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Every country and province is going to be different. Fortunately in British Columbia, our law reads: "A motor vehicle, except a motorcycle, shall be equipped with a front bumper, and where a replacement bumper has been installed, it shall give substantially the same protection as the bumper originally installed by the manufacturer. A bumper shall be securely fastened to the vehicle, and the bumper bar or brackets shall not be broken, loose or missing. A bumper must not have a sharp or ragged edge and must not protrude beyond the side of the vehicle." ✅🏁
If that is so, each Region/country has different regulations, in Europe for a few years the regulations have been very protectionist towards pedestrians (the reality is very different, you can explain to me if you hit a pedestrian with the Grenadier, I think that the The least problem would be the bumper or the fin plates, a push with something of 3 tons will be a real problem for the pedestrian) but the norm is the norm, here in Spain when I approved the side steps in the ITV, they already told me that The bumper could not be changed or the manufacturer's approval would be lost, meaning it could not be circulated except in 4x4 circuits, and the protection plates for the fins could only be installed if they were made of deformable "plastic" material, it is curious in the US In the US there are sheets of plastic material (diamond HMW Polyethylene) that would serve this purpose, but here in Europe I can't find anything similar that can be used to protect the fins. Greetings Paco

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Exactly my concerns.... You cannot have anything _that_ solid&cool anymore here around in Europe.

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
Now _that's_ what I would call a definition of a bumper!

Wait, it says:"...shall give substantially the same protection as the bumper originally installed by the manufacturer." Protection? What protection? Of your vehicle? Or the rock or tree you're hitting with it??

300chris

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:23 PM
Reaction score
Looks fantastic!
Also curious about the sliders. Custom made , or if not, whose are those?

Wwv01us

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Looks fantastic!
Also curious about the sliders. Custom made , or if not, whose are those?
Sliders look like the ones Series Defender Outfitters sells:

Local time
Reaction score
I like it. The 'shnoz' was my least favorite design characteristic. So what ever happened with this? Land Rover Lawyers cease and desist shut it down, or?

Last edited:

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sliders look like the ones Series Defender Outfitters sells:

Probably are. He has been selling Nakatanenga products in the US from years.

Back
Top Bottom