The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Owl Vans - Let's Talk Grenadier Parts!

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:54 PM
Reaction score
I’d be happy with any kind of shipping TBH. I’m still waiting to hear about my order (#2036) for two items that were listed as “in stock”, that I placed and paid for on September 29. I’ve had no response to an email to your company asking for an update. Can someone at Owl Vans please give me an update? Thanks. Matt
I am not trying to be argumentative I promise as I actually agree that if you placed and order and are waiting on that item with no updates after a week, I would be trying to make contact as well. So I have to ask the people reading this thread, I keep reading about no responses to emails, but has anyone called the business? I have had long wait times on several orders placed even with my favorite companies (ExpeditionHQ, Agile, yes Owl too, etc) and when I don’t get any update by a weeks time or any emailed response, I always call and get my answer (yep even call internationally, called EHQ 3 times). Most of the times the number one thing I hear from the company is that they are so busy with orders that it’s hard to keep up with daily emails, so they are behind on emails but concentrating on personnel getting orders out. Yes they could hire more employees, and maybe they will eventually and this could all be growing pains. Even though that sucks, it’s actually good news to me as shows many Grenadier owners out there. Anyway, hope you and everyone else who are waiting on packages get them sooner more than later. 👍🙏

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:54 PM
Reaction score
Unfortunately due to the variety of purchase options for the same product, Shopify does not allow us to track inventory. For example, if we have the same product with a shipping option or local pickup, or installation, Shopify counts that as three different products even if the SKUs are the same. Therefore we could be sold out of “Install” but have stock of “local pickup”. The stock needs to be able to be used for all purchase options. We have yet to find a way to do this
I think what you're asking for is conditional logic to separate stock keeping units from additional services such as pickup.

Very common in configurators for more complex sales transactions.
I have set that up for my products in my company. Not Shopify (we are a really big company with billions of dollars of orders) but the problem sounds similar.

I did quick Google and perhaps something like this?

You need to hack it up as this is more advanced but it seems capable of adding advanced logic based on conditions to sku's.

MattG

GG #2987
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:24 AM
Reaction score
I am not trying to be argumentative I promise as I actually agree that if you placed and order and are waiting on that item with no updates after a week, I would be trying to make contact as well. So I have to ask the people reading this thread, I keep reading about no responses to emails, but has anyone called the business? I have had long wait times on several orders placed even with my favorite companies (ExpeditionHQ, Agile, yes Owl too, etc) and when I don’t get any update by a weeks time or any emailed response, I always call and get my answer (yep even call internationally, called EHQ 3 times). Most of the times the number one thing I hear from the company is that they are so busy with orders that it’s hard to keep up with daily emails, so they are behind on emails but concentrating on personnel getting orders out. Yes they could hire more employees, and maybe they will eventually and this could all be growing pains. Even though that sucks, it’s actually good news to me as shows many Grenadier owners out there. Anyway, hope you and everyone else who are waiting on packages get them sooner more than later. 👍🙏
It's actually been over 3 weeks since I bought and paid for my order in full. Telephoning them from Australia in the middle of the night is not an easy option. Hopefully they respond and my goods are on their way soon.

Back
Top Bottom