The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Infotainment system

neos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
Never mind.
So here is what I received from Ineos:
“All Grenadiers are fitted with the same entertainment system made by Nusoft. It is all controlled from the vehicles central touch screen display unit and is compatible with the following.
Bluetooth connectivity (phone and music)
FM and DAB radio
USB connection for changing and media (located in the centre console.)(USB A & USB C)
Please Note: no CD player available
4 x 45 watt Hertz speakers are used all models made by Elettromedia . 2 x 45 watt full range 6" (low/mid/high) within the front door cards and 2 x 45 watt mid range 4" speakers located in the rear door cards. All powered by an integrated amplifier built into the main head unit.”

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
So here is what I received from Ineos:
“All Grenadiers are fitted with the same entertainment system made by Nusoft. It is all controlled from the vehicles central touch screen display unit and is compatible with the following.
Bluetooth connectivity (phone and music)
FM and DAB radio
USB connection for changing and media (located in the centre console.)(USB A & USB C)
Please Note: no CD player available
4 x 45 watt Hertz speakers are used all models made by Elettromedia . 2 x 45 watt full range 6" (low/mid/high) within the front door cards and 2 x 45 watt mid range 4" speakers located in the rear door cards. All powered by an integrated amplifier built into the main head unit.”
I was given the same information from IA some 7 months ago when I asked after placing an order. But I just assumed that it would be FM and DAB + radio since nearly all new cars sold in Europe are DAB+
I'm being wonder if this is just a DAB radio! Do you have DAB+ reception in the USA?

Last edited:

neos

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:34 AM
Reaction score
I was given the same information from IA some 7 months ago when I asked after placing an order. But I just assumed that it would be FM and DAB + radio since nearly all new cars sold in Europe are DAB+
I'm being wonder if this is just a DAB radio! Do you have DAB+ reception in the USA?
Good question. We have HD radio here, which I believe is very similar to dab.. but if some knows for sure please comment. Btw, I hadn’t seen anyone post on the speaker system, but perhaps I had missed it. I’m hoping it sounds at least decent… though my wife would prefer very good.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Good question. We have HD radio here, which I believe is very similar to dab.. but if some knows for sure please comment. Btw, I hadn’t seen anyone post on the speaker system, but perhaps I had missed it. I’m hoping it sounds at least decent… though my wife would prefer very good.
After I placed an order I started to look into replacing the speakers with Rockford Fosgates. But after doing some research I concluded the OEM speakers may in fact be 3 way Hertz ( hence the high/mid/low comment). As Hertz are a mid to high end speaker manufacturer I thought I would park the situation until I have driven the vehicle for a few months to assess them. The other thing I need to try out is the USB connectivity. The wife has 700 - 1000 songs on a flash drive that she uses in her car. When we tried it in a PTO2 demo drive it didn't work. But it may be because half the stuff wasn't working in that vehicle.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
Wireless android auto requires a wifi signal to attach. They make wireless AA adaptors. They run anywhere between 50 to 100 dollars. You can plug them into the head unit and then with adhesive, you can hide the adapter. Hope this helps

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:34 AM
Reaction score
Wireless android auto requires a wifi signal to attach. They make wireless AA adaptors. They run anywhere between 50 to 100 dollars. You can plug them into the head unit and then with adhesive, you can hide the adapter. Hope this helps
This forum is fantastic for the information sharing! Thanks a lot!
This was one of my disappointments: no wireless connection for Android phones!
Happy to see there is a solution available!

Khalfan323

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
After I placed an order I started to look into replacing the speakers with Rockford Fosgates. But after doing some research I concluded the OEM speakers may in fact be 3 way Hertz ( hence the high/mid/low comment). As Hertz are a mid to high end speaker manufacturer I thought I would park the situation until I have driven the vehicle for a few months to assess them. The other thing I need to try out is the USB connectivity. The wife has 700 - 1000 songs on a flash drive that she uses in her car. When we tried it in a PTO2 demo drive it didn't work. But it may be because half the stuff wasn't working in that vehicle.
Definitely not a three way component system. They’re different sized coaxials with built in tweeters. Standard stuff. Boring.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:34 AM
Reaction score
Definitely not a three way component system. They’re different sized coaxials with built in tweeters. Standard stuff. Boring.
Boring was the original sound equipment of my Defender…

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
At the time we where not using android auto but a direct flash drive in the USB. It may have been a file format issue
To attach a phone to android auto you have to pair with bluetooth first, then android auto using a cable for the first setup. If the head is compatible and you're using android 11 or above some vehicles will then operate wireless there after . But I don't know if the gren falls into that category till I get my hands on mine.

Back
Top Bottom