The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Infotainment system

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:34 AM
Reaction score
Definitely not a three way component system. They’re different sized coaxials with built in tweeters. Standard stuff. Boring.
No not a 3 way component but 3 way axial. Hertz do a 3 way axial.

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
12:34 AM
Reaction score
At the time we where not using android auto but a direct flash drive in the USB. It may have been a file format issue
To attach a phone to android auto you have to pair with bluetooth first, then android auto using a cable for the first setup. If the head is compatible and you're using android 11 or above some vehicles will then operate wireless there after . But I don't know if the gren falls into that category till I get my hands on mine.
Wireless Android Auto connects your phone to your car's head unit via Wi-Fi. Once you complete the initial setup, Android Auto automatically connects your phone to your vehicle's infotainment screen each time you get into your vehicle.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:34 PM
Reaction score
Good question. We have HD radio here, which I believe is very similar to dab.. but if some knows for sure please comment. Btw, I hadn’t seen anyone post on the speaker system, but perhaps I had missed it. I’m hoping it sounds at least decent… though my wife would prefer very good.
I am surprised people still listen to the radio

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The car is really the only place I listen to the radio.
Funnily enough I never listen to the radio , except when I'm in my wife's car and have no choice!

Local time
Reaction score
No not a 3 way component but 3 way axial. Hertz do a 3 way axial.
Hertz 3-way coax is pretty poverty spec and the Neusoft headunit has no preouts/DPA option unlike BMW which is a pity. Fortunately there's a pretty hefty alternator and plenty of space to start from scratch when it comes to the audio on a Grenadier.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hertz 3-way coax is pretty poverty spec and the Neusoft headunit has no preouts/DPA option unlike BMW which is a pity. Fortunately there's a pretty hefty alternator and plenty of space to start from scratch when it comes to the audio on a Grenadier.
So, one would need speaker level to line convertor or (God forbid) just install a complete parallel sound system / head unit / amps / speakers?

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So, one would need speaker level to line convertor or (God forbid) just install a complete parallel sound system / head unit / amps / speakers?
Perhaps all that might be required is a graphic equaliser ... a reputable 7-band retro-fit can be had on Amazon for less than US$70

Local time
Reaction score
So, one would need speaker level to line convertor or (God forbid) just install a complete parallel sound system / head unit / amps / speaker

Parallel system would seem preferable to me but really need to see a wiring scheme and the CANBUS protocols. I've done a parallel scheme before with a Kenwood marine headunit which had a handy small remote controller that was easy to place on the dash.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Parallel system would seem preferable to me but really need to see a wiring scheme and the CANBUS protocols. I've done a parallel scheme before with a Kenwood marine headunit which had a handy small remote controller that was easy to place on the dash.
I suspect the standard spec is going to be OK for 99.9% of owners and the remaining 0.1% of audiophiles will need to look at upgrading.

IG_in_AZ

Global Grenadiers #1372
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I suspect the standard spec is going to be OK for 99.9% of owners and the remaining 0.1% of audiophiles will need to look at upgrading.
I'm not sure I'm an audiophile, but the factory stereo won't cut it for me. I heard it Wednesday at my test drive. It's OK, but just OK.

Back
Top Bottom