The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Infotainment system

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:54 AM
Reaction score
I would raid a parts bin because the prototype goal is not to showcase your stereo. No matter what we will see what shows up in final production. correct me but the key ingredients to a great stereo is great speakers, amp and adding a sub woofer.
It's a utility off road vehicle, not a pimp mobile

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score
It's a utility off road vehicle, not a pimp mobile
I don't know any pimps so I can't comment if a pimp would view this as a possible vehicle of choice.

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I don't know any pimps so I can't comment if a pimp would view this as a possible vehicle of choice.
I had to accept the sacrifice of my audio system when I switch from my Discovery 4 to a Grenadier. I would love to have a Meridian surround system in the Grenadier. But it is not that sort of vehicle. It's meant to be back to basics. I have to confess that the first question I asked Ineos after placing the order, what was the sound system, as I was looking to upgrade. But I bought it for what it is. If audio had been my number one priority I would have bought a LR with a full Meridian system. You have to make choices and compromises in life. I bought the grenadier for what it is, not the sound system.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
I am no professional but I would have thought that upgrading the stereo was one of the easier jobs. Clearly I don’t mean ripping the car apart and going mad. But adding better speakers and a few other things would not be too far out even for me.

Who has actually heard then finished product anyway ? I know this is subjective but is it that bad ?

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I am no professional but I would have thought that upgrading the stereo was one of the easier jobs. Clearly I don’t mean ripping the car apart and going mad. But adding better speakers and a few other things would not be too far out even for me.

Who has actually heard then finished product anyway ? I know this is subjective but is it that bad ?
It is my intention as well, but after I have lived with the car first and got to know what it/I need. My issue is not recognising the vehicle for what it is and not accepting the market and buyer it is aimed at. It is not a high end luxury car, and that means basic audio

Rok_Dr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:54 PM
Reaction score
My super autophile big arse speaker is under the bonnet.

Is there anything sounding better than an inline-six Diesel engine?
Agreed but the Alfa Busso v6 soundtrack trumps all!

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:54 AM
Reaction score
I indeed agree to the V8 sound being great.

But if you add displacement, which is not really fair, there are even clearly more impressive sounds:

11AN2.jpg

Spjnr

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

I've sat in a production Grenadier and played around with the sound system... its not that bad.

What helps too is the very good insulation and door seals on the vehicle, the speakers aren't fighting horrendous wind noise like in my old wrangler

ADVAW8S

Global Grenadier 0044
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
2:54 AM
Reaction score
I had to accept the sacrifice of my audio system when I switch from my Discovery 4 to a Grenadier. I would love to have a Meridian surround system in the Grenadier. But it is not that sort of vehicle. It's meant to be back to basics. I have to confess that the first question I asked Ineos after placing the order, what was the sound system, as I was looking to upgrade. But I bought it for what it is. If audio had been my number one priority I would have bought a LR with a full Meridian system. You have to make choices and compromises in life. I bought the grenadier for what it is, not the sound system.
I like to point out that I didn't start the thread. My comments were to the person that the stereo they were disappointed with was in a prototype. as my child's daycare person says, you get what you get and you don't have a fit.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
5:54 AM
Reaction score
I've sat in a production Grenadier and played around with the sound system... its not that bad.

What helps too is the very good insulation and door seals on the vehicle, the speakers aren't fighting horrendous wind noise like in my old wrangler

Good to hear and I take your point that there is no massive wind noise or Road noise coming into the cab. Been there and done that and some vehicles could drown out a full orchestra playing in the back.

I had never really thought about the stereo in my Amarok until this thread and then I listened to it and thought, it’s not that great.

I will take that as a positive as I hadn’t noticed before, however, now I have been told about the…… windscreen wipers, steering, footwell hump and now a stereo I will be looking at when I get the vehicle, due to the internet. I doubt I would have noticed any of them if I hadn’t been told ! Ignorance is bliss as they say

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
11:54 AM
Reaction score
Yes and the Beast of Turin and similar manly vehicles!
The Brutus is insane. It's located not far from here, about 85 Km.

Although the engine is installed in a car, it was originally an aircraft engine. 47 liters of displacement, around 750 hp. This category of motors is what made BMW famous.

No one was ever brave enough to reach the Vmax. The fastest one gave up at 200 km/h.

The sound? Well, let's call it "a free breathing engine". Insane.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Am I doing it right?

I was acquainting myself with various pages and whenever I got to a page like this and then used the touchscreen return arrow, it would not return to to the previous page but rather the level before that. Got quite tedious having to navigate back to then select the next option.

Is this a glitch?

WP_20230517_023.jpg

Reactions: PBD

Halliwell Jones Chester

Commercial Account
INEOS Agent/Dealer (verified)
Local time
Reaction score
Am I doing it right?

I was acquainting myself with various pages and whenever I got to a page like this and then used the touchscreen return arrow, it would not return to to the previous page but rather the level before that. Got quite tedious having to navigate back to then select the next option.

Is this a glitch?

View attachment 7812295
Have you tried pressing the back button on next to the control wheel? Also those tyre pressures look quite high?

PBD

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My tyres read 5 high at front and six at back all the ti. Part of the update I have been told.

Back
Top Bottom