The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:52 PM
Reaction score
Hey guys, i think you are going a bit offtopic with this AWo thing, keep the thread clean and talk about the ineos shutdown.
Thanks🙏🏻
Stu is that you?! I joke I joke I kid I kid, please sir don’t banish me. 🙏 Golgainz is absolutely correct. See he’s/she’s a non Grenadier owner (yet maybe?) nor a lifetime supporter and this is his/her first post and I agreed. ✌️😎
(Solid 1st post btw!!)

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I will just say one last thing about all of this and be done, UNLESS someone quotes me or asks me a question…….i don’t think I have been rude or mean or lied about anything on this forum. If I have I sincerely apologize. I have disagreed and stated MY opinions on things. We are ALL, no matter which side you are on any subject, on this forum for one reason only & that’s the Grenadier, the one vehicle that has brought me so much joy and I have owned many autos in my lifetime. No we most definitely don’t all have to agree on any one subject, but like I have said soooooo many times, the right that gives someone to come on here and post negative comments on whatever the reason or subject or whatever, gives me the exact same right to say I don’t agree and post positivity. Lots of posters don’t like how much I LOVE this vehicle and defend it like I do. Bottom line is I have two Grenadiers sitting in my driveway right now that have brought me much joy with zero real issues (noises/beeps etc don’t bother me at all and I know will get fixed later with an update), ZERO. So all you on the fence buyers PLEASE know there are many like me and don’t just read the negative posts about this or that issue. No vehicle is perfect and never will be, but to me this comes damn close to it. Leave you with my favorite saying…….GRENADIER LIFER RIGHT HERE….and peace be to all as well (had to google “pax vobiscum” by the way)!! 🤪🙃🤣😎
Et cum spiritu tuo

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Et cum spiritu tuo
Ok there is a quote and more dang Latin (Google time again dang it)…..ditto to you and I see maybe where you get your name you crazy old dawg you!! 😁🤣🤪

Btw, DoubleDoom just realized you started this thread but you have been pretty quiet on it. I have to thank you for your help on another thread telling me/us how to tell if you have a MY23/23.5/24 model with the door jamb and the back up camera. I was really wondering about that for both of mine. Thanks again kind sir!!!

That’s the main reason I joined and come here to learn new info on my Grenny’s and for ALL you members whether we agree or disagree on anything and even the ones I call fake/bots, I promise I really do enjoy coming on here and reading and posting about things. I have stated before I am older now and retired and this is the FIRST time in my life to join any forum or online internet anything and take part in discussing things. I am a very private person. I love my sons more than even the Grenadiers I cherish of course and I have not even told them about this forum or me joining and posting. I will eventually and they will be shocked I am not even joking. So if anyone reading this on any side of any issues can’t see I’m really just a nice guy and welcome all even if I call you out on why you are here for whatever reason, I still hold no animosity toward anyone. However, I will always defend my babies, the Grenny’s!! 🤪😁😎

Last edited:

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You beat me to it.
If indeed he is not you……obviously joking and poking the bear so to speak….see my response to that post and I even AGREED!! Btw, if you can’t tell I absolutely love this forum you created!!!! Not as much as my Grenny’s but it’s growing on me!! 🙏😎

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hey guys, i think you are going a bit offtopic with this AWo thing, keep the thread clean and talk about the ineos shutdown.
Thanks🙏🏻
That's rich. Only item posted to this thread and the tread was clean and most dealt with Ineos' shutdown. Others have posted that if a discussion, or topic, is not to ones liking they should just skip over it. Seems reasonable to me.

Local time
12:52 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have an update on the factory?
Do we know if it’s still occupied by some staff maintaining it or it it completely vacant?
Is there still inventory there being shipped out from there? My dealer claims he is still getting cars to the end of the year.
Does anyone know if all the dealerships will be closing when they run out of cars to sell?
I am suppose to be buying one of these on Monday and they go out of business is my biggest concern
Do any of you feel that there will be parts made by someone to keep these running?

Local time
Reaction score
At this point I'm certainly very thankful that I passed on my day 1 reservation, I feel like I dodged a bullet by choosing not to deal with Ineos. From my perspective ultimately it's only a car and the uncertainty and drama would have outweighed the enjoyment that owning a grenadier would have brought. Ineos originally offered so much promised potential that unfortunately to this point has been unrealized. We all have our own perspectivies on the evolution of the product, the marketing strategy and the management decisions that brought Ineos to where they are now with what is being delivered is markedly different from what was initially promised in terms of product and post sale support. Those heady days 5 years ago filled with aspirations of a simple, robust, reliable defender replacement with right to repair at its core sounded almost too good to be true and sadly it's turned out that it was.

TerryS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
At this point I'm certainly very thankful that I passed on my day 1 reservation, I feel like I dodged a bullet by choosing not to deal with Ineos. From my perspective ultimately it's only a car and the uncertainty and drama would have outweighed the enjoyment that owning a grenadier would have brought. Ineos originally offered so much promised potential that unfortunately to this point has been unrealized. We all have our own perspectivies on the evolution of the product, the marketing strategy and the management decisions that brought Ineos to where they are now with what is being delivered is markedly different from what was initially promised in terms of product and post sale support. Those heady days 5 years ago filled with aspirations of a simple, robust, reliable defender replacement with right to repair at its core sounded almost too good to be true and sadly it's turned out that it was.

Thousands of happy owners

But cool story

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Here we go again another none owner bashing the brand. Looks like you joined in 2022, so you definitely been around long enough to know the rules. Did you not see the creator/head moderator/the big man post above to stay on topic and the topic is:

“Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue”​

If you don’t have any pertinent information to pass along whether there are any changes at the factory, then move along. Btw, you sound VERY FAMILIAR to me!!🤔

I’ll ask what I always do of members like you, this is a forum about the Grenadier and you obviously stated your thoughts, so why are you on this forum? Me, to read new parts/ideas/etc on the Grenadier, see what other owners have done to theirs, pics of trips made in them from around the world & TRY to help people on the fence see that there are MANY owners who absolutely enjoy their Grenadier. I mean you no disrespect, but come on whoever you are, I know what’s up…🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Just ONE event out of hundreds around the world just for Grenadiers!!!l Look at all the people and all of the Grenadiers and this is just from one little state in the USA!! So yea I think there are way more people enjoying them than bashing them! But hey that’s just my opinion…..

IMG_0620.png

Last edited:

Dual Grenny Guy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ok I have to say it. You came on posted a very negative comment and then you immediately signed off and left the forum (maybe to log back in as another member?). I, hopefully others, see your true intent and still will talk to you. Send me a private message if you have any questions. I’m here to help even the bashers/haters….

Stu_Barnes, look I appreciate the chain of command more than you know as spent many years in the military and come from a huge military family and realize you are the general. But to plead my case so I don’t get into trouble, you can’t expect me/others not to respond to someone who just comes on here to bash the brand and dish out negativity. Come on boss man, you get it I hope. I was just simply replying to the negative posts who didn’t offer any pertinent info on this thread……🫡

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
If you’re risk adverse, I would recommend waiting on the sidelines. Most owners here have a little (or a lot) of money to burn, or are just nuts and love it so much that they are willing to take those risks, or usually both. Most promises have been fulfilled and it’s now (other than Wrangler) the only body on frame solid axle off-road option on the market in NAM - and easily the coolest. All we need is the ADAS update, the service manual, and the ability to do resets (oil, TPMS, etc). Not sure what price points you were expecting - but you’re not going to get a build that robust for $50k. Not from them, not from anybody. But yes - for you, I recommend sitting it out for a few years and seeing how it goes, or finding a cheaper option (although even the Toyota 4Runner and Taco TRD-ish trims are coming in pretty close on price points).

Last edited:

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:52 PM
Reaction score

Bronco, why bother to even post on the product if you decided against it? I am sure many of us have reviewed and passed on other companies products, but we don't create a profile on said manufacturers Forums to bad mouth the product.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:52 PM
Reaction score
Does anyone have an update on the factory?
Do we know if it’s still occupied by some staff maintaining it or it it completely vacant?
Is there still inventory there being shipped out from there? My dealer claims he is still getting cars to the end of the year.
Does anyone know if all the dealerships will be closing when they run out of cars to sell?
I am suppose to be buying one of these on Monday and they go out of business is my biggest concern
Do any of you feel that there will be parts made by someone to keep these running?
I see your first post...

Nobody has an update on the assembly plant, apart from speculation.

The building will not be vacant. Machinery will be run regularly any any maintenance carried out.

No idea if the inventory has all been despatched. It takes several weeks for inventory to get to the US, so vehicles will continue to arrive.

Ineos is not going out of business. Production has been suspended due to a supply chain issue.

Ineos make no parts apart from the body.

Local time
1:52 PM
Reaction score
Why you here bro?

Local time
3:52 PM
Reaction score
Spoke to Regal dealer yesterday. Called me about a car, which was sold by the time I called back. Was out shooting. However, they said production was resuming in January. If ordering one, would be behind the ones waiting for production.

Local time
Reaction score
If you’re risk adverse, I would recommend waiting on the sidelines. Most owners here have a little (or a lot) of money to burn, or are just nuts and love it so much that they are willing to take those risks, or usually both. Most promises have been fulfilled and it’s now (other than Wrangler) the only body on frame solid axle off-road option on the market in NAM - and easily the coolest. All we need is the ADAS update, the service manual, and the ability to do resets (oil, TPMS, etc). Not sure what price points you were expecting - but you’re not going to get a build that robust for $50k. Not from them, not from anybody. But yes - for you, I recommend sitting it out for a few years and seeing how it goes, or finding a cheaper option (although even the Toyota 4Runner and Taco trims are coming in pretty close on price points).
I agree, I'm sitting watching and waiting. When I met Greg Clark he suggested to me that first year targeted sales in NA were 10k units with an 8800/1200 split USA/Canada. Pricing at that time had not been decided but I told him that I believed that if it came in around 85kCDN they would sell out. Ultimately my spec, taxes in, was 50% more than that but to me price was not the determining factor in my decision not to purchase. Reliability and more importantly service availability played a bigger role. There are only 2 dealerships in Canada, 4500km apart and that for me leaves too big a gap in service availablity. I'm a full days travel for any service, regardless of how minor, and my time is too valuable to spend it like that. I met with the dealer in Vancouver and have nothing but positive things to say about them and their representatives. They couldn't have been more professional and we talked extensively about their service strategies for remote use and I trust they would do everything possible to ensure customer satisfaction, but with only two dealerships there's a lot of territory to cover and logistic and economic realities come into play. I was told the total Canadian allocation for 2024 ultimately was only 440 vehicles and I believe a more robust commitment to the Canadian market starting with broader dealer network would result in better sales but Ineos has chosen not to go that route. BTW I just received a email from the Vancouver dealer offering discounted prices at 2.9% rates so given the current market conditions they seem to have lots of unsold inventory available even with the much smaller allocations. The original concept of onboard service manuals, distributed service centers and direct shipment of parts to customers made a lot of sense in my geography. For me 2 dealerships covering 10 million square kilometers of country with a new product with expected teething issues is not a proposition worth becoming involved in. Perhaps in time they will work the initial kinks out and broaden their sales and service offerings and that's why I stay engaged and until then I have a variety of vehicles to drive. In terms of happy customers I'm sure there are lots of them but as this forum reflects there are those with issues too. I am aware of one customer with reliability issues currently negotiating a buy back with the local dealer. He lives 1000 km/12 hour drive away from the dealership. I have not spoken directly with the owner of that vehicle so I don't know specifics of how it was ultimately resolved as I am only aware of it because the purchaser uses the same lender that finances most of my fleet vehicle purchases and it was mentioned anecdotally during a conversation regarding my fleet.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
I see your first post...

Nobody has an update on the assembly plant, apart from speculation.

The building will not be vacant. Machinery will be run regularly any any maintenance carried out.

No idea if the inventory has all been despatched. It takes several weeks for inventory to get to the US, so vehicles will continue to arrive.

Ineos is not going out of business. Production has been suspended due to a supply chain issue.

Ineos make no parts apart from the body.
Thank you so much for your response. I truly believe that all you good people on this Form and the love you all have for these, together there will always be a way to get and make parts for these to keep them on and off the road if worst case ever happens. With that said, I am going through with my purchase. After my friends and family find out how crazy I am for doing this, you guys might be my only friends.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree, I'm sitting watching and waiting. When I met Greg Clark he suggested to me that first year targeted sales in NA were 10k units with an 8800/1200 split USA/Canada. Pricing at that time had not been decided but I told him that I believed that if it came in around 85kCDN they would sell out. Ultimately my spec, taxes in, was 50% more than that but to me price was not the determining factor in my decision not to purchase. Reliability and more importantly service availability played a bigger role. There are only 2 dealerships in Canada, 4500km apart and that for me leaves too big a gap in service availablity. I'm a full days travel for any service, regardless of how minor, and my time is too valuable to spend it like that. I met with the dealer in Vancouver and have nothing but positive things to say about them and their representatives. They couldn't have been more professional and we talked extensively about their service strategies for remote use and I trust they would do everything possible to ensure customer satisfaction, but with only two dealerships there's a lot of territory to cover and logistic and economic realities come into play. I was told the total Canadian allocation for 2024 ultimately was only 440 vehicles and I believe a more robust commitment to the Canadian market starting with broader dealer network would result in better sales but Ineos has chosen not to go that route. BTW I just received a email from the Vancouver dealer offering discounted prices at 2.9% rates so given the current market conditions they seem to have lots of unsold inventory available even with the much smaller allocations. The original concept of onboard service manuals, distributed service centers and direct shipment of parts to customers made a lot of sense in my geography. For me 2 dealerships covering 10 million square kilometers of country with a new product with expected teething issues is not a proposition worth becoming involved in. Perhaps in time they will work the initial kinks out and broaden their sales and service offerings and that's why I stay engaged and until then I have a variety of vehicles to drive. In terms of happy customers I'm sure there are lots of them but as this forum reflects there are those with issues too. I am aware of one customer with reliability issues currently negotiating a buy back with the local dealer. He lives 1000 km/12 hour drive away from the dealership. I have not spoken directly with the owner of that vehicle so I don't know specifics of how it was ultimately resolved as I am only aware of it because the purchaser uses the same lender that finances most of my fleet vehicle purchases and it was mentioned anecdotally during a conversation regarding my fleet.
I get it - even I wouldn’t do it in Canada - our Canadian members love to fly close to the sun. You guys take a price penalty, plus 2 dealers for the whole country - as we say on the other side of the border, “uffda.” No judgement here.

CrazyOldMan

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your response. I truly believe that all you good people on this Form and the love you all have for these, together there will always be a way to get and make parts for these to keep them on and off the road if worst case ever happens. With that said, I am going through with my purchase. After my friends and family find out how crazy I am for doing this, you guys might be my only friends.
Given that most of us are misanthropes who were long ago disowned by our families, sounds like you’ll fit right in. Welcome to the lunacy. Now get out your foil hat and hit the trails.

Back
Top Bottom