The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:46 AM
Reaction score
A totally random sample .....interesting - all dark colours for QLD drivers!!!

Where is all that hand wringing 12 months ago about how terrible it is to drive dark coloured cars in Australia and especially QLD - North QLD??
Solved that by putting a Scottish White roof on my Brittania Blue

dime80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Did you see the Scottish white when prototype in Brisbane. Gee it looked good too.
Apparently, you will see my Scottish White at Mazda Noosa this week with the black roof...and if you do it will be before me...can you post a pic...thanks in advance
I still have no idea when mine is arriving, was late to deposit mid September 2022. Be careful I may haggle to try and take yours. 😂
Based on current schedule I will be up that way next week, if so will let you know.

Reactions: Max

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:46 AM
Reaction score
Ok haven’t seen that before, interesting. Not unusually for dealers you pay for convenience as there is a solid margin for all that in there. I am also not sure I trust that for example with the ceramic coating they do a proper paint correction first. I have already had my guy who I know and trust will do a fabulous job qoute me $1800 for a high end ceramic including paint correction. The wrapping and PPF seems particularly expensive. Looks like a proper INEOS branding, wonder if it is at all agents or an Ignition special?
I agree re Ceramic and paint correction. I have already had a quote for the decals for the back door and bonnet and they are considerably less that prices quoted. Lifetime ceramic coating? guaranteed? :unsure: PPF unless its self healing 3M that is very expensive.
The interesting thing I find about the extended warranty in that brochure is that Australian consumer law would give you some amount of protection due to the "fit for purpose" clause. Personally IF I were going down that path I would look VERY closely at the PDS :unsure:

DenisM

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I agree re Ceramic and paint correction. I have already had a quote for the decals for the back door and bonnet and they are considerably less that prices quoted. Lifetime ceramic coating? guaranteed? :unsure: PPF unless its self healing 3M that is very expensive.
The interesting thing I find about the extended warranty in that brochure is that Australian consumer law would give you some amount of protection due to the "fit for purpose" clause. Personally IF I were going down that path I would look VERY closely at the PDS :unsure:
Re. ACCC legislation and the "fit for purpose" test: Exactly!!👍

Disco Dave

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A totally random sample .....interesting - all dark colours for QLD drivers!!!

Where is all that hand wringing 12 months ago about how terrible it is to drive dark coloured cars in Australia and especially QLD - North QLD??
In NQ and FNQ, everyone else in QLD is a southerner. Southerners like their dark colours. Though I would not think silver is a dark colour.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:46 PM
Reaction score
I still have no idea when mine is arriving, was late to deposit mid September 2022. Be careful I may haggle to try and take yours. 😂
Based on current schedule I will be up that way next week, if so will let you know.
I ordered May 22 and signed Feb 23...You'll have this week and half of next to haggle...I am interstate from Tuesday...go and have a chat to Paul at Mazda and see if you can get a gut feeling from him on what he would predict...that is about all you can get at this stage...they really don't know until the car carriers give them an estimate of when they are picking them up and delivery...they were told maybe Monday or Tuesday...Go well and post a pic for me if you can cheers.

Local time
5:46 PM
Reaction score
I haven't been around much (sorry). But I saw a non prototype at Stafford last week through the window. Old news I'm sure.

Reactions: Max

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I haven't been around much (sorry). But I saw a non prototype at Stafford last week through the window. Old news I'm sure.
They are starting to move now and hopefully won't stop...good times ahead..are you hanging out to test drive a production vehicle?...not a bad idea but I just couldn't wait...happy motoring

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I ordered May 22 and signed Feb 23...You'll have this week and half of next to haggle...I am interstate from Tuesday...go and have a chat to Paul at Mazda and see if you can get a gut feeling from him on what he would predict...that is about all you can get at this stage...they really don't know until the car carriers give them an estimate of when they are picking them up and delivery...they were told maybe Monday or Tuesday...Go well and post a pic for me if you can cheers.
There are so many variables that impact on delivery these days.
Ineos seem to be doing weekly updates once the vehicle has gone into production.
Then it is up to the dealer to check and note these updates.
Randolf at Ignition told me that mine was at the port, but he was unable to tell me if it was about to be loaded, had been loaded, or what ship it was going to be on.
Possibly the next update within a week will change that but not if my vehicle hasn't been allocated to a particular ship yet.
Then you have the ship sailing time, depending on if coming via the Suez or Panama canals.
Suez it goes to Perth first
Panama it goes to New Zealand first.
Then delays to get into port
offloading
Inspection for bugs & disinfection.
Transport to dealer
PDI's
Then accessory installation.
They said they were getting all accessories at least a week before the vehicles.
from memory I think he said they had a couple of spare transfer boxes.

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos seem to be doing weekly updates once the vehicle has gone into production.
Randolf at Ignition told me that mine was at the port, but he was unable to tell me if it was about to be loaded, had been loaded, or what ship it was going to be on.
Possibly the next update within a week will change that but not if my vehicle hasn't been allocated to a particular ship yet.
Then you have the ship sailing time, depending on if coming via the Suez or Panama canals.
offloading
Transport to dealer
PDI's
They said they were getting all accessories at least a week before the vehicles.
Paul who you have met rang me to let me know the arrival is today or tomorrow but then has no idea of the delivery date, firstly they are not to touch the vehicles until a tech from Ineos advises them and then they, as you say the fitting and the PDI but what is interesting is Ineos and the agent are only being kept up to date [in the loop] by the shippers and then car carriers and not having any control over either of them or their timing...so many variables...patience has got to be in the mix there somewhere... :cool:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Paul who you have met rang me to let me know the arrival is today or tomorrow but then has no idea of the delivery date, firstly they are not to touch the vehicles until a tech from Ineos advises them and then they, as you say the fitting and the PDI but what is interesting is Ineos and the agent are only being kept up to date [in the loop] by the shippers and then car carriers and not having any control over either of them or their timing...so many variables...patience has got to be in the mix there somewhere... :cool:
I was tossing up keeping my delivery at SLRV, changing to Paul or changing to Randolf in Brisbane.
As it turned out all three would have been good choices but both SLRV and Sunshine Coast are out of my way whereas I am in Brisbane for a week every month for work.
I think all three places are very good and would do a great job.
I will probably be getting mine serviced twice a year so convenience and a loan car are very important

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I was told the other day by my agent - that they are being told to tell us to allow 4-6 weeks from docking at the port, to delivery to us - even though it will probably be more like 3-4 weeks.
It is a waiting game...let's hope for the odd surprise...mine is but then again I haven't seen it yet...
I was tossing up keeping my delivery at SLRV, changing to Paul or changing to Randolf in Brisbane.
As it turned out all three would have been good choices but both SLRV and Sunshine Coast are out of my way whereas I am in Brisbane for a week every month for work.
I will probably be getting mine serviced twice a year so convenience and a loan car are very important
Good call...

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
offloading
Transport to dealer
PDI's
Neither the Tortugas which will dock a Fremantle first nor the Figaro which Is Melbourne first came via Suez, they both came down the West Coast of Africa dock at Durban and then off across the Indian Ocean.

Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:46 PM
Reaction score
Not many MM coloured vehicles to be seen in these first batches to Aus - my hopes are high someone reneged on contract and I go up the batting order!

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
offloading
Transport to dealer
PDI's

Dave - Is it easy to change your nominated agent post production/shipment?

I initially ordered through the Melbourne agent in may 2022 but then changed to Rex Gorrell in Geelong a few months later because we decided to move to Torquay (close to Geelong).

Now we plan to stay in Melbourne - so would make sense, from an ongoing service & general contact perspective, to revert to the Melb agent.

Back
Top Bottom