The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Australasia Grenadier Delivery & Wait Times in Australia.

Sam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:37 AM
Reaction score
I'm about to cancel I think. With owners now reporting different issues I think there'll be more stepping back who haven't signed. I ordered Feb and production was pegged Jul/Aug. No contract as yet but expecting it soon. My thinking is reorder the minute I get the deposit refunded. This of course would push delivery out to maybe the 2nd qtr or mid next year, which I'm fine with. This way Ineos should have ironed out a lot of the bugs. For $128k I'd rather wait and have a better product. l'll see what happens with the Oz deliveries over the next month or so and decide then.

Yeah I think that's fair enough as well... if you aren't desperate for the car, and are paying the current price, quality will be better in a year or so.

Wayneos

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:37 AM
Reaction score
I'm actually quite happy that my combo of shale blue and contrast roof isn't the most popular. It would be like owning a white Landcruiser... 😲
Same combo I specc’d.. I’m assuming SW roof?

Reactions: PBD
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah I think that's fair enough as well... if you aren't desperate for the car, and are paying the current price, quality will be better in a year or so.
Yes, it's not an easy decision to delay that's for sure, we've loved the vehicle from the moment we saw it, exactly what we've wanted for years. The 76 wagon was the only other option but still a manual, and basic & rough. We would've ordered the 76 but Toyota thankfully put a hold on them during Covid - kismet. The Gren is a long term vehicle for us (we travel full-time) so would rather do it once, do it right. It's going to be tough reading & watching you all for the next 9-12mths. 😉

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:37 PM
Reaction score
And in a year or so, will it not also be possible to say "quality will be better in a year or so."?

Local time
Reaction score
And in a year or so, will it not also be possible to say "quality will be better in a year or so."?
And then f they last long enough, fingers crossed, in 2 or 3 years when the next model or generation is released it should be even better which is what I am waiting for.
My next touring car is still undecided, currently have a faultless Disco 4, will be replaced with either Grenadier, Defender or 300. What ever turns out to be the best overall and reliable. 3 very different cars all with pros and cons

YIPPE

GG #00286
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I recall with numerous brands, Each next release/model change quality has dropped in certain components too. The over engineered aspect which we all love will no longer be over engineered just to save dollars. Not to say their won't be improvements that early adopters will be jealous of, but I guarantee there will be things missed and wished ineos kept. How long do you delay for the "next generation". V2, V3 grenadier that people mention is years off. In my opinion most people looking at the grenadier are doing so because all the other so called 4x4 have fallen in the quality we want and the "true off-road features" we love have been removed. It's the most affordable NEW 4x4 with live axles, diesel, comfort and safety features with a high payload. It's as perfect as it will get in this new green era of cars. It's not a perfect car, but none are. But it so close and as a first time manufacturer ineos have excelled!!! BUY BUY BUY

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I recall with numerous brands, Each next release/model change quality has dropped in certain components too. The over engineered aspect which we all love will no longer be over engineered just to save dollars. Not to say their won't be improvements that early adopters will be jealous of, but I guarantee there will be things missed and wished ineos kept. How long do you delay for the "next generation". V2, V3 grenadier that people mention is years off. In my opinion most people looking at the grenadier are doing so because all the other so called 4x4 have fallen in the quality we want and the "true off-road features" we love have been removed. It's the most affordable NEW 4x4 with live axles, diesel, comfort and safety features with a high payload. It's as perfect as it will get in this new green era of cars. It's not a perfect car, but none are. But it so close and as a first time manufacturer ineos have excelled!!! BUY BUY BUY
Yes I have wondered about just this. The trend will more than likely to be to move it towards segments of the market where there is more mass appeal but also to lower costs and improve margins. So likely to be more things like cupholders and upgraded sound systems and more driver aids. But there is a solid chance that compromises will be made to the gauge of steel in the chassis to reduce cost and weight, moving like most other manufacturers to independent front suspension, or use some more generic components to reduce cost etc. I am not saying this is guaranteed but there is a real chance I think looking at other companies. Particularly likely if at some point IA is sold to another manufacturer.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yes I have wondered about just this. The trend will more than likely to be to move it towards segments of the market where there is more mass appeal but also to lower costs and improve margins. So likely to be more things like cupholders and upgraded sound systems and more driver aids.
I’ve been told that they are going to have to add a fair bit of electronics as new requirements hit them, and quite soon; the sentence used was something like: these first cars will definitely be the least complex car we can ever build.
Autonomous braking is very likely, things like automatic speed zone recognition/limiting seem to be on the cards in the EU, lane departure, etc etc.
some of these can just bolt on, others can really interfere with the car being able to proceed, especially if they malfunction offroad.

so theres a trade-off between any risk of early models, and the integrity of the vision for simplicity.

I agree with BUY BUY BUY IT NOW 😉 on balance; the hard to fix stuff is all proven elsewhere, software’s easy to upgrade, and compared to the litany of irritating stuff you had to accept with real defenders for 60 years, this thing is awesome. Hopefully, first gen cars will remain sought after.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’m surprised no one has posted this yet (that I could find anyway).

Photo shamelessly stolen from Facebook(who no doubt stole it from Ignition I’d say).
Brisbane vehicles arrived at the local dealer.

I walked past there this morning but they’ve all been put back inside. Only a PTO and their demonstrator in the front window now.

IMG_4132.jpeg

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:37 PM
Reaction score
Yes I have wondered about just this. The trend will more than likely to be to move it towards segments of the market where there is more mass appeal but also to lower costs and improve margins. So likely to be more things like cupholders and upgraded sound systems and more driver aids. But there is a solid chance that compromises will be made to the gauge of steel in the chassis to reduce cost and weight, moving like most other manufacturers to independent front suspension, or use some more generic components to reduce cost etc. I am not saying this is guaranteed but there is a real chance I think looking at other companies. Particularly likely if at some point IA is sold to another manufacturer.
Ineos has already an SUV designed...I think that is what you are talking about but the Grenadier if it hits all the areas they are focussed on...Agriculture, mining, defense, forestry, serious overlanding, etc...IMO it will continue to develop as a true 4x4...I hope so or IMO it will have failed as the New Defender has...happy motoring

New Ineos electric SUV plans revealed

1687646817044.png
Auto Express
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk › Ineos

7 Feb 2023 — Plans for a smaller Ineos electric SUV have been announced by company boss Sir Jim Ratcliffe, and our exclusive image previews how it could ...

AnD3rew

Inch deep and a mile wide.
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Ineos has already an SUV designed...I think that is what you are talking about but the Grenadier if it hits all the areas they are focussed on...Agriculture, mining, defense, forestry, serious overlanding, etc...IMO it will continue to develop as a true 4x4...I hope so or IMO it will have failed as the New Defender has...happy motoring

New Ineos electric SUV plans revealed

View attachment 7817766
Auto Express
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk › Ineos

7 Feb 2023 — Plans for a smaller Ineos electric SUV have been announced by company boss Sir Jim Ratcliffe, and our exclusive image previews how it could ...
We will see, but I still think there is a chance that these first ones will end up being sought after as being the most pure. As pointed out above, just regulatory changes will
Mean that it will inevitably get a heap more driver aid tech etc.

Last edited:

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

Photo shamelessly stolen from Facebook(who no doubt stole it from Ignition I’d say).

I walked past there this morning but they’ve all been put back inside. Only a PTO and their demonstrator in the front window now.

View attachment 7817764
On Thursday I parked right where the Shale Blue one is parked.
It was inside and looked fantastic.
There is some protective plastic film over the wheel hubs and other items which is the same colour as the Shale Blue and looks like it should be left on the vehicle.
I changed to Ignition as my delivery dealer as I have moved away from the Gold Coast and will be in Brisbane one week a month for work.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been told that they are going to have to add a fair bit of electronics as new requirements hit them, and quite soon; the sentence used was something like: these first cars will definitely be the least complex car we can ever build.
I think there's already things in the vehicle, like spare wiring and space in the front grill for these changes.

US cars have been confirmed as having more ADAS kit.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I think the work of the cost engineer has already been in evidence in the first vehicles:

Commercial loadspace mat
Roof protection strips
10 core cable in the 13 pin towing electrics
Open steel wheel nuts rather than the prototype closed ones
Bottle jack

to name but a few.

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7817764
A totally random sample .....interesting - all dark colours for QLD drivers!!!

Where is all that hand wringing 12 months ago about how terrible it is to drive dark coloured cars in Australia and especially QLD - North QLD??

grenadierboy

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
And then f they last long enough, fingers crossed, in 2 or 3 years when the next model or generation is released it should be even better which is what I am waiting for.
My next touring car is still undecided, currently have a faultless Disco 4, will be replaced with either Grenadier, Defender or 300. What ever turns out to be the best overall and reliable. 3 very different cars all with pros and cons
Well I have one coming soon.

It has clearly been over engineered - great.

Then I will assess newer models as they come to determine if they are better or worse for my requirements.

So it's simple: If better - sell and change up to the new model or if not keep the first interation

dime80

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
A totally random sample .....interesting - all dark colours for QLD drivers!!!

Where is all that hand wringing 12 months ago about how terrible it is to drive dark coloured cars in Australia and especially QLD - North QLD??
Well I’m on the Sunshine Coast and have selected “inky black” the vehicle has aircon along with windows (side and roof) have had 4 black vehicles in the past with out discomfort. Is difficult to keep clean 🤦‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom