The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

WolfBox - As A New Vendor, Offering 20% Off Discount!

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:24 AM
Reaction score
Does the Wolfbox function as a traditional mirror, or only has a camera display?

This is important as the clamp on design allows you to remove it if it fails. I would like to have a permanent adaptor if the Wolfbox also functions as a traditional reflecting mirror.
It does not function as a mirror
You would need to remove the clamps and use your mirror.

Edit: thanks to another member making me discover the off button it does function as a mirror, however somewhat dark but still ok to get through

Last edited:

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:24 PM
Reaction score
You will find it does function as a mirror. That is why there is the option of the reverse wire connection so the camera only comes on in reverse and you use it as a conventional mirror the rest of the time.

Pfk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
1:24 AM
Reaction score
You will find it does function as a mirror. That is why there is the option of the reverse wire connection so the camera only comes on in reverse and you use it as a conventional mirror the rest of the time.
If it does function as a mirror, it’s a bad one at best. I have the g900 installed and the mirror effect when it is not functioning as cameras on is a reflective glare. I’m not sure how to activate the mirror you are referring to

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:24 PM
Reaction score
If it does function as a mirror, it’s a bad one at best. I have the g900 installed and the mirror effect when it is not functioning as cameras on is a reflective glare. I’m not sure how to activate the mirror you are referring to
It functions as a mirror when you hit the power on the button on the bottom of the mirror.

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:24 PM
Reaction score
1) when installing the usb adapter via piggyback fuses in the fuse box under the ignition key. Why is there an additional permanent 12V source needed? It's obviously not needed with the cigarette adapter because this plug is dead without ignition.
2) how much power is drawn when ignition is not turned on? Will our wolfbox mirrors drain our batteries like vampires drink blood over night?

Attachments

• dracula-dead-and-loving-it-lg.jpg
    dracula-dead-and-loving-it-lg.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 11

Clark Kent

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:24 AM
Reaction score
1) when installing the usb adapter via piggyback fuses in the fuse box under the ignition key. Why is there an additional permanent 12V source needed? It's obviously not needed with the cigarette adapter because this plug is dead without ignition.
2) how much power is drawn when ignition is not turned on? Will our wolfbox mirrors drain our batteries like vampires drink blood over night?
The +12v is needed to enable parking mode so the cameras can record when the vehicle is unattended. The cigarette adaptor doesn't support parking mode.
The hardwire kit has low battery voltage protection. The cameras will shutdown after 60 seconds if the battery voltage drops below 11.6 +/- 0.2 volts in parking mode.

Local time
Reaction score
The +12v is needed to enable parking mode so the cameras can record when the vehicle is unattended. The cigarette adaptor doesn't support parking mode.
The hardwire kit has low battery voltage protection. The cameras will shutdown after 60 seconds if the battery voltage drops below 11.6 +/- 0.2 volts in parking mode.
Does anyone know what the best way to remove the stock mirror from the ball joint. Is there a tool or a release clip. I have the wolf box adaptor to use the current US spec mount but I don’t want to damage the old mirror in case I need to use it again.

FlyersFan76

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the best way to remove the stock mirror from the ball joint. Is there a tool or a release clip. I have the wolf box adaptor to use the current US spec mount but I don’t want to damage the old mirror in case I need to use it again.
It is in this thread somewhere. Need a screwdriver to pry the black metal ring away.

Last edited:

BD1

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:24 PM
Reaction score
Apologies I have not read thru this entire thread....is it possible to make this OEM with wires tucked away/wrapped, etc.? A lot of pictures I see show it with a lot of wires. And it does look like from the post above that you can remove the stock mirror vs strapping the wolf box on the factory mirror which is nice.

BD1

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You can tuck the wires away but you will see the USB and camera cables coming out on top of the Wolfbox.
Any pics? Or I can read thru this long thread if there are some there. I see some online but not for the IG. Thanks.

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:24 PM
Reaction score
As you can see on the image. The cables are almost not visible. It is mounted over the existing mirror. You don't see rubber bands on the bottom when using a proper mounting arm.

Attachments

• PXL_20240925_144837912.jpg
    PXL_20240925_144837912.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11

flynnsk

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
small flat edge should easily 'pry' the ring enough that it pops off.

Attachments

• Mirror_Rear_wRing_flipside.jpg
    Mirror_Rear_wRing_flipside.jpg
    140.9 KB · Views: 1

parb

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:24 PM
Reaction score
I used the hardwire multifunctional kit. I think it allowed me to set up when to shut off power, i think the default is 11.6V but i think i set it slightly higher.

The slick part is that it turns off the display if the power is off after a preset amount of time. It wakes up the display of it senses G forces (like slamming a door). It actually works really well and i am sure that the most power hungry part of the circuit is the display.
I have had mine parked with wolfbox powered for 2 weeks without any discernible loss in battery.

Back
Top Bottom