The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Where is your Grenadier?

AngusMacG

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:29 PM
Reaction score
I’ve been at the port since Jan 3. It’s approaching 2 weeks and RDS hasn’t reached out to me. I reached out earlier this week and was basically told they have no idea when they’ll get the truck. 🫤

Port Baltimore to Devon, Pa is about 106 miles.
Mine arrived in Baltimore around Nov. 2nd. Finally arrived at my dealer on January 2nd. I did have the tow package so I'm sure that was part of the delay in addition to the licensing issue.

KLF

Local time
Reaction score
Check my latest spreadsheet. Note - I am an October 2, 2021 reservation. Ineos advised me mine is en route, but my VIN does not appear anywhere. Very discouraged.
Thank you for your updated spreadsheet! Very helpful! One of my friends just received her VIN number today but doesn't have any information. I'm still waiting for mine :(

Local time
Reaction score
Check my latest spreadsheet. Note - I am an October 2, 2021 reservation. Ineos advised me mine is en route, but my VIN does not appear anywhere. Very discouraged.
I love the data in your spreadsheet. I have spent some time using it to search out my vehicle but from what I've been told my Grenadier was only recently built. It is at the factory waiting for pick up and has a booking on a vessel with delivery to the USA scheduled for late February. Based on your excellent spreadsheet I'd guess your data cuts off before I can find a Customer Ref # for my Grenadier's booking. Could you tell me where you got the data for your spreadsheet? If I have the Customer Ref # I now know how to search out my ship.

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
From the Wallenius site, it looks like my truck goes on a ship today with a Baltimore ETA of February 1st.

No idea how long it will sit at port, but the Q1 delivery is looking believable!

Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
Mine is probably not even being built yet - but I took over another customer's order that was still "editable" in early october. Since I can't login and see through the portal what is happening (not sure if I could anyway), but all my sales associate gave me is a PDF with a customer number on it. Is there any way to use that to see any updates to see if it has been built or if it is been shipped? I'm sure I'm probably very far along, but not having any access to any information and limited responses from my SA, is there a way I can use the BOL or tracker using a customer ref number? or do I actually need to get a vin number?

How long did it take once you got your reference or order number until you got your vin? What sorts of timelines can I expect so I don't go overboard emailing my SA for updates.

Thanks!

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is probably not even being built yet - but I took over another customer's order that was still "editable" in early october. Since I can't login and see through the portal what is happening (not sure if I could anyway), but all my sales associate gave me is a PDF with a customer number on it. Is there any way to use that to see any updates to see if it has been built or if it is been shipped? I'm sure I'm probably very far along, but not having any access to any information and limited responses from my SA, is there a way I can use the BOL or tracker using a customer ref number? or do I actually need to get a vin number?

How long did it take once you got your reference or order number until you got your vin? What sorts of timelines can I expect so I don't go overboard emailing my SA for updates.

Thanks!
I believe a VIN is your best bet. The customer numbers that have been used are specific for Ineos and not the individual. At least that has been my understanding. If built or close to being built it should have a VIN and your dealer should be able to see it.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
It's fun tracking it - but frustrating too. I think I started out with a drunk captain! This was the first 20-some hours after it left the UK.

View attachment 7840368
Tijuca means "a swamp".
Not a great name for a large boat carrying vehicles being piloted by a drunk capn!
"Round and round the Isle of Wight until everyone gets dizzy , then we head for home"

redbeard.jpg

matt34

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
From the Wallenius site, it looks like my truck goes on a ship today with a Baltimore ETA of February 1st.

No idea how long it will sit at port, but the Q1 delivery is looking believable!
Would you happen to have the Bill Of Lading number for the shipment that your truck is on? Or a spreadsheet for that shipment that shows the VINS? I am still trying to track mine down. Thank you.

UncleBuck

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Would you happen to have the Bill Of Lading number for the shipment that your truck is on? Or a spreadsheet for that shipment that shows the VINS? I am still trying to track mine down. Thank you.
I do not have a spreadsheet, but if you google "Willenius" and then select "Track & Trace" you will then be at a place where you can search what is going on. Use the booking number "SESTO2354971" (That is the letter "O" not a zero) to search and you will get a list of information. You can then search that information for your VIN. The VIN will be called the "Cargo ID." You can then click on the VIN and it will give you more information about where your truck is. If your VIN search comes up empty then I'm not sure where else you can look.

Jack123

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
So last year I was told that I would get mine last December. Then Q1 2024. Not it's been pushed to Late April.

I keep looking for other cars that might interest me. Rubicon, Bronco, Bimmer, Benz, etc. But IG is a different car and it has a distinct character. I will continue to wait...

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
So last year I was told that I would get mine last December. Then Q1 2024. Not it's been pushed to Late April.

I keep looking for other cars that might interest me. Rubicon, Bronco, Bimmer, Benz, etc. But IG is a different car and it has a distinct character. I will continue to wait...
I'm sure if you call around - even to dealers other than your own - you can probably find the same or similar spec on a cancelled purchase. If you have some flexibility with those variables you could probably move forward quickly.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I definitely feel your pain, I was supposed to be a September build, and kept getting pushed back without any reason... But finally got a VIN yesterday. While I understand they aren't a direct correlation, based on people with similar pre-order numbers, the last 5 of my VIN should be 2000-3000 below the pre-order #; mine is 3000 above

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I definitely feel your pain, I was supposed to be a September build, and kept getting pushed back without any reason... But finally got a VIN yesterday. While I understand they aren't a direct correlation, based on people with similar pre-order numbers, the last 5 of my VIN should be 2000-3000 below the pre-order #; mine is 3000 above
If only you knew some folks at IA ... I guess with friends like that... 🤣 🤣 🤣

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It is still progress (y)

Is there any correlation of VIN to actual number of vehicles produced? So, if you're VIN 1234, or 5678, is that the number of vehicles off the line at that point in time?

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is still progress (y)

Is there any correlation of VIN to actual number of vehicles produced? So, if you're VIN 1234, or 5678, is that the number of vehicles off the line at that point in time?
It is....

I believe the logic is that the VINs are sequential, but I'm not positive

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
It is still progress (y)

That's been my assumption as well, but the recalls specifically note that vehicles are not produced in sequential order.

From HERE

"... According to documents filed with the federal watchdog, the affected VIN range begins... It should be highlighted that potentially affected vehicles were not produced in sequential order."

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I was curious where the total production number sits, and it seems VIN's are the best indicator (regardless of build order).

MrMike

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:29 AM
Reaction score
That's been my assumption as well, but the recalls specifically note that vehicles are not produced in sequential order.

From HERE

"... According to documents filed with the federal watchdog, the affected VIN range begins... It should be highlighted that potentially affected vehicles were not produced in sequential order."
That's what I have been lead to believe

Back
Top Bottom