The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Americas Where is your Grenadier?

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:42 PM
Reaction score
Nothing even close. I am trying to be patient. I have been waiting a loooong time. My other option is a neighbor has a 1998 Defender 110 which is in great shape. MKy qualms are how it will do on a drive from Houston to the Phoenix area. I also like the idea of airbags. I am very old. Last ourchase for me. I want to be able to leave my son and grandson a classic.
Very understandable - and after a wait like this it would be a shame to sacrifice your spec. Based on what others have said, a 110 is not nearly as comfortable for distance travel, and I would think that would be less so the older we get.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:42 PM
Reaction score
Nothing even close. I am trying to be patient. I have been waiting a loooong time. My other option is a neighbor has a 1998 Defender 110 which is in great shape. MKy qualms are how it will do on a drive from Houston to the Phoenix area. I also like the idea of airbags. I am very old. Last ourchase for me. I want to be able to leave my son and grandson a classic.
Any chance they gave u the wrong VIN? Not intentional but a number off or out of place?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Picked mine up today and had to drive through 5 hours of the worst snow storm I've driven through. I was very surprised because it was incredibly planted and confidence inspiring at high speeds (may or may not have hit the speed limiter lol). The snow storm was so bad that everyone was driving at Half the speed limit, I was able to overtake on lanes that had 1+ inch of snow at 60mph.

Only issue I had was the dirty windshield and the inability of the wipers to keep it clean. Also, the side windows were fully caked in dirt/snow. I could tell there is some weird air turbulence happening near the mirror housing, which might have caused this.

I will admit that the first minute or two into the drive I wondered if I made a mistake due to the steering. I was ok with it 5 mins into the drive. I completely forgot about the steering by the time I got home.
Did you pick this up at RDS? If so, you pulled out just as we arrived!

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Picked mine up today and had to drive through 5 hours of the worst snow storm I've driven through. I was very surprised because it was incredibly planted and confidence inspiring at high speeds (may or may not have hit the speed limiter lol). The snow storm was so bad that everyone was driving at Half the speed limit, I was able to overtake on lanes that had 1+ inch of snow at 60mph.

Only issue I had was the dirty windshield and the inability of the wipers to keep it clean. Also, the side windows were fully caked in dirt/snow. I could tell there is some weird air turbulence happening near the mirror housing, which might have caused this.

I will admit that the first minute or two into the drive I wondered if I made a mistake due to the steering. I was ok with it 5 mins into the drive. I completely forgot about the steering by the time I got home.
Thanks for proving the "G"'s worthiness in snow!!! :love:

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

In looking at the Rt hand side, there has been some extensive discussion about the poor clearing of debris from the windshield from the UK etc folks. Add an in a Raised Air Intake and visibility is even worse. As much as I wanted a RHD mobile, not available in NA - someone looking out for me!!
Cheers!

NoMoTaco

Global Grenadier 0742
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Check my latest spreadsheet. Note - I am an October 2, 2021 reservation. Ineos advised me mine is en route, but my VIN does not appear anywhere. Very discouraged.
This is great! I found my vehicle on this list but I am a bit unsure of some of the verbiage. Can you (or anyone) shed some light on what the difference is between Booked vs Departed vs Discharged?

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
Hello all. Apologies for the dumb question . . . I'm sure has been discussed before but I couldn't find anything on the forum. I know my Grenadier has been built (December 2021 pre-order) and I've the VIN number, but how do I find out which ocean shipper has it and/or BOL # - dealer or Ineos corporate? Many thanks in advance.

I never did get an answer from anyone on this question. I only learned about the offloading of mine by searching (searching for grenadier as cargo) bills of landing (exclude the leading WHWL in the BOL field) and then use the BOL to search the WHWL site for which will show the VINs offloaded: https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/track-trace

But as far as tracking progress across the ocean that seems to be sub rosa.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is great! I found my vehicle on this list but I am a bit unsure of some of the verbiage. Can you (or anyone) shed some light on what the difference is between Booked vs Departed vs Discharged?
I’m pretty sure departed means the ship has left port and is enroute and then discharged is when the vehicles have been offloaded from the ship.

MTNDOG

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Morning Concert passing by San Diego, heading up to Port Hueneme

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-01-11 4.33.08 PM.png
    Screenshot 2024-01-11 4.33.08 PM.png
    353.9 KB · Views: 15

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
OK then, an update. My G was offloaded at the dock in Port Heuneme, CA yesterday. I tracked it for a long time and kept my dealer up to date about this (Rusnak). Since then, I've received two messages saying how exciting this is and when I may get the vehicle. Today's report says handoff could be in one month. What? I told them that it took that same time to cross the Atlantic from Belgium, hit Canada, go down and thru the Panama Canal and then traverse all of Central America to get to Southern California! What exactly is happening at the port? Are we short on vehicle trailers? The dealer is about 50 miles from the port! Sadly, after all this time talking about it here, this delivered lot still has the defective trailer hitches, further complicating things. I thought they fixed that by now....not too happy about all this.

Krabby

Global Grenadier 76
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
OK then, an update. My G was offloaded at the dock in Port Heuneme, CA yesterday. I tracked it for a long time and kept my dealer up to date about this (Rusnak). Since then, I've received two messages saying how exciting this is and when I may get the vehicle. Today's report says handoff could be in one month. What? I told them that it took that same time to cross the Atlantic from Belgium, hit Canada, go down and thru the Panama Canal and then traverse all of Central America to get to Southern California! What exactly is happening at the port? Are we short on vehicle trailers? The dealer is about 50 miles from the port! Sadly, after all this time talking about it here, this delivered lot still has the defective trailer hitches, further complicating things. I thought they fixed that by now....not too happy about all this.
I’ve been at the port since Jan 3. It’s approaching 2 weeks and RDS hasn’t reached out to me. I reached out earlier this week and was basically told they have no idea when they’ll get the truck. 🫤

Port Baltimore to Devon, Pa is about 106 miles.

Jeffrey

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I’ve been at the port since Jan 3. It’s approaching 2 weeks and RDS hasn’t reached out to me. I reached out earlier this week and was basically told they have no idea when they’ll get the truck. 🫤

Port Baltimore to Devon, Pa is about 106 miles.
I think there is a national or worldwide problem with the shipping industry. Perhaps the volumes have outgrown the infrastructure to handle them in regular time. Perhaps it's hard to find good labor. I think the system is simply strained by growth and limited resources. I just project all this as this is not my area of expertise, though I ran a business that had strict quality and delivery requirements with a shortage of people who understood how to do shit right, or even care.

Local time
Reaction score
Curious - for those still waiting, when did you place your order/deposit and how long was the wait or is the wait expected to be? I took over someone elses order in October which was still able to be edited. I was told sometime in April, but I havent heard anything from my SA at the dealership about if/when things will be locked in and no more changes are allowed or if any progress is happening at all. I've got a deposit on a GX550 Overtrail+ as well, and have had the SA at lexus confirm i'd get it in March. The family needs an extra car for the kids and my wife and I both having to commute, my current car is literally on its last legs. Should I wait it out, without knowing absolutely whats going on for the Gren or with the earlier / more solid option with the GX? I would hate to be told April, and then it gets delayed until May/June and eat away at Spring/Summer camp season.

DMZNOLA

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:42 PM
Reaction score
Just received word my from RDS that my G is at the port. I am told that shipments to dealers will be done in "Batches", so a delivery date is not yet known. I am also told the transportation fee will be $1,600.00. Retail price will be communicated this week.
1600 same.

[ Adam ]

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My Grenadier arrived to the Port of Tacoma on November 12 and was not available for me to take it until Dec 18.

YMMV but while the timeline doesn't meet your wishes, it seems pretty normal for the Grenadier.

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Mine left Zeebrugge on Oct-26, arrived at Port of Baltimore on Nov-15, and discharged on Nov-16. It arrived to my dealer on Dec-29 - they have no control on the order vehicles are released from Port, and can only fit three grenadiers on a flatbed trailer. I had an extra delay waiting for the roof rack to arrive but picked it up yesterday Jan-13.

The vehicle is more than I'd hoped for, and better than I expected. If you are on the fence I encourage you to wait it out!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom