The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:35 PM
Reaction score
They must have changed something at the sealings… mine with Vin xx26xx is dry, doesn’t care how it’s parked, flat, nose up, nose down.

Reactions: PBD

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mine is VIN1312, really a lot of rain the first two weeks of May, but no shower on my feet, therefore I would guess a casual problem, but still ... Ineos should solve this ...
Next Year, April 1st? :eek: :devilish: :unsure:

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
Just because it is so nice I tried the trick again
I agree. It looks like water that first enters at the top of the door, possibly along a roof channel/drain works it’s way down the door frame, where it should release to the ground but for some reason (maybe the seal is too good and/or it’s misplace/misaligned), so it collects between the inner/outer door seals.

Just because it is so nice I tried the tr
Great news!
I have explored new feature!
You can now have a flood line within your door frame to save the most epic Thunderstorms and floodings for the future generations.
I am thinking about putting small engraved brass signs next to each line with date and location.
Is it a good idea in your opinion?View attachment 7817667
Fixed mine. Stuck the outer seal back down. Water is getting in on the shoulder line, not from the top because the rain gutters there. My seal was kinked on the shoulder line near the door handle. Passed the hosepipe test. Sorted.

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Fixed mine. Stuck the outer seal back down. Water is getting in on the shoulder line, not from the top because the rain gutters there. My seal was kinked on the shoulder line near the door handle. Passed the hosepipe test. Sorted.
Could you please take a picture of the part you mean. I don’t exactly understand shoulder line in this context.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
The water thing seems to have more surprises for us.

The headliner between the front doors and the safari windows shows a water rim, left and right side similarly. Water seems to have been drawn from the plastic frames of the safaris into the roof lining.

It is (yet) very faint to see and hardly photographable. But the eagle eyes of my wife have discovered that (God Save My Queen) and then I saw it as well. Doubtlessly.

So observe this: The headliner above the front doors between the upper door frame and the safari windows.

Should we write and publish a Water Ingress Manual on youtube?

Tom109

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
Looks to me like the seals are TOO good.
You know, in the 1990’s it was standard practice to slit the door seals at the lowest point(s) to allow water out. No real downside to this, as water flows downhill not up.

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:35 PM
Reaction score
The water thing seems to have more surprises for us.

The headliner between the front doors and the safari windows shows a water rim, left and right side similarly. Water seems to have been drawn from the plastic frames of the safaris into the roof lining.

It is (yet) very faint to see and hardly photographable. But the eagle eyes of my wife have discovered that (God Save My Queen) and then I saw it as well. Doubtlessly.

So observe this: The headliner above the front doors between the upper door frame and the safari windows.

Should we write and publish a Water Ingress Manual on youtube?

DaBull

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:35 PM
Reaction score
Hi Emax, Bummer to hear about the water rim stain from the Safari windows, which I am getting too.
I once left my Range Rover Sport moon roof open and then started to spray the roof off and thought I had ruined the white headliner as it had brown water rim stains all over. Thought I would have to replace the whole headliner. Instead I found a product that both removed the stains and returned my headliner to new condition.
Just also used it again where my wife decided she did not like a small bug clinging to our headliner in our New Defender and in trying to gently remove it, instead ended up smashing the bug into the headliner, which left a dark stain on the white headliner. It completely removed the stain to like new again. The product is called Folex and is easily available on Amazon and elsewhere. It is simply the best and safest product to remove stains on fabric and upholstery. Been around for 40 years plus.
Here's instructions on how I use it. DaBull
FOLEX USE INSTRUCTIONS
1 - Wrap a lightly damp soft mircofiber cloth over a lightly damp sponge.
2 - Spray some Folex onto the microfiber cloth, enough so it is lightly wet.
3 - Start in a small area and dab the head liner so that it lightly absorbs the Folex.
4 - Keep dabbing until you see results of dirt/stain removal and keep moving outwards.
5 - If your just trying to remove 1 or 2 stains, then feather out your dabbing from the
area that is lightly wet until you are feathering it into a dry area to blend it from lightly wet to dry.
6 - Allow to dry completely and repeat if necessary.
Note: If you decide to also spray the head liner directly, make sure it is a fine mist and keep the
area being misted to a small area and as above, dab lightly and blend out.
Important: Do not rub ever or you will ruin the headliner, only dab.
Let us know your results, hopefully as good as mine, like new!
DaBull

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:35 PM
Reaction score
Might have to try that out as a comparison against what I’ve been using…Shout Wipe & Go stain removal packs.

Reactions: PBD

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Do not rub ever or you will ruin the headliner
I will do nothing. It's an INEOS thing - and has thus to be solved by my agent.

And cleaning is just fighting the symptoms. But I want as well the root cause to be fixed.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I had a close look at all my door seals last night - both inner and outer.

Whilst I'm not experiencing any water ingress, I did notice that the driver's outer door seal was starting to deform in one place. It's only slight but I can't see any particular external reason for this happening:
IMG_20230624_201711399_HDR.jpgIMG_20230624_201827341_MP.jpg

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Whilst I'm not experiencing any water ingress, I did notice that the driver's outer door seal was starting to deform in one place. It's only slight but I can't see any particular external reason for this happening:
View attachment 7817821View attachment 7817822
Heat expansion??

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

View attachment 7817821View attachment 7817822
Checked mine right now, no bending like yours.

Back
Top Bottom