The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

Greg

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:35 AM
Reaction score
If you can't fix it, double down and call it a "design feature" then. 🤣
Ford Everest "Apple Catcher"
Couldn't get the load floor level to the hatch opening... raised lip is now a new feature apparently...

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
6:35 PM
Reaction score
First day of rain and I am now a member of the WFC. Or rather the passenger to my right would have been if there had been one this morning. We had some rain this night, not much really, and I drove through the rain to work. Apparently that was enough for the optional cistern to fill up and release a fair amount of water when I opened the passenger door. Will report that to the dealer and ask him to have it fixed when the car is in for the update. They are currently testing it on their demo vehicles.

Reactions: PBD

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
Will report that to the dealer and ask him to have it fixed when the car is in for the update.
I'd be asking him if there's an Ineos fix first. An enthusiastic workshop apprentice let loose adjusting a door that doesn't seal properly does not fill me with confidence that more damage than good can come from it.

I think there's enough anecdotal evidence on the forum and elsewhere to suggest that there's a design issue rather than an installation issue.

If it is indeed a latent defect, then we all should have it, not just those that have actually experienced it.

This is only worth noting as most major manufacturers usually start their TSBs with words along the line of: "If the customer expresses a concern that...", i. e., if you don't mention it to them, then they won't fix a fault they know you have.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I'd be asking him if there's an Ineos fix first. An enthusiastic workshop apprentice let loose adjusting a door that doesn't seal properly does not fill me with confidence that more damage than good can come from it.

I think there's enough anecdotal evidence on the forum and elsewhere to suggest that there's a design issue rather than an installation issue.

If it is indeed a latent defect, then we all should have it, not just those that have actually experienced it.

This is only worth noting as most major manufacturers usually start their TSBs with words along the line of: "If the customer expresses a concern that...", i. e., if you don't mention it to them, then they won't fix a fault they know you have.
Thank you for the advice. I have already asked the dealer if they had a procedure for that. Judging from what I read and from my own experience I don't think that this is a design problem, If it were, then we would read even more about it because really everyone would have the same problem. It also would in my case not only occur on one door, I would assume. Let's see. I'll keep you posted about the dealer's response.

muxmax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Media Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

I already have a response from my dealer (thanks to them for being so quick): The problem is known to IA and apparently it is a problem with the design/quality of the door seals. There will be a "recall" to replace them, dealers are waiting for approval from IA (I assume a confirmation that IA covers the installation costs).

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wife has had wet shoes and wet handbag she was especially upset at the handbag. Water is coming from inside centre console by her leg and dripping from next to air vent and pooling in footwell. See pictures attached. Only the passenger side. Not on drivers side.

Attachments

• IMG_5759.jpeg
    IMG_5759.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5758.jpeg
    IMG_5758.jpeg
    158.3 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5757.jpeg
    IMG_5757.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5756.jpeg
    IMG_5756.jpeg
    430.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5755.jpeg
    IMG_5755.jpeg
    493.3 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5754.jpeg
    IMG_5754.jpeg
    394 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_5753.jpeg
    IMG_5753.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_5752.jpeg
    IMG_5752.jpeg
    253.9 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_5751.jpeg
    IMG_5751.jpeg
    293.5 KB · Views: 86

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:35 PM
Reaction score
Wife has had wet shoes and wet handbag she was especially upset at the handbag. Water is coming from inside centre console by her leg and dripping from next to air vent and pooling in footwell. See pictures attached. Only the passenger side. Not on drivers side.
This matches my experience, I must have posted my statement in the wrong thread. In our case, it is definitely not coolant.

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:35 PM
Reaction score
My agent had it confirmed from Ineos today that modified door seals are the solution but they are of course on back order. In the meantime I have been advised to cut a slit in the bottom of the door seal to prevent it overtopping into the footwell during heavy rain (see my earlier post about how much water was under my flooring).

Guess I won't be doing any wading for a while!

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I wonder if you taped a 3-sided flap in the slit, it would be like a chest seal, letting water out from above but not in from the bottom🤷🏻‍♂️

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
What is a "chest seal"? How does it look?

German translation doesn't help. 🤷‍♂️

Any photos? Links?

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score

Any photos? Links?
Maybe something like this?
And google pneumothorax , thoracic drain etc

Last edited:

Jiman01

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

Any photos? Links?
Chest seal is a 3-sided cover for a penetrating wound to the chest. It keeps air from going into the hole but allows air to escape the chest cavity. It’s basically a 3-sided one way flap.

Sorry, it was the first thing that came to mind when talking about something that allows fluids/air in from only one direction😂😂

I was a medic in a previous life.

This is an improvised seal made from a plastic bag.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIDEQM1xoZY

I‘m not sure how well his explanation will translate but hopefully you get the idea.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I now understand what it is and how it works.

But I have still no idea what such a tape-mod would look like.

Sounds more like something fiddly for experts or surgeons ... 🤷‍♂️

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This is according to my experience most probably coming from a leak of the inner seals of the safari windows, I posted some pictures concerning this problem

Local time
Reaction score
This is according to my experience most probably coming from a leak of the inner seals of the safari windows, I posted some pictures concerning this problem
Did you solve the Problem with the Safari Windows Jean?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Did you solve the Problem with the Safari Windows Jean?
Yes and no: with the authorisation of my dealer I did put some Sikalastomer on the rubbers sealings of the safari windows, and one rubber was replaced at my dealer and apparently it solved the problem. But today I discovered some humidity in the back of the car, close to the jack to lift up the car, so wondering if this isn't coming from the same leak.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I will repeat something I brought up in the early days of this thread as it is becoming more time critical for us Europeans.

They need to sort these new seals out quickly, when winter gets here imagine trying to open the door when all that water is frozen solid.

We are talking possibly 4-5 weeks before some decent frosts appear and I heard someone on the telly box saying we were due for a bad winter in the UK, which would probably equate to a mild one in Germany 😝

That will be an interesting frosty morning !!

Local time
Reaction score
Yes and no: with the authorisation of my dealer I did put some Sikalastomer on the rubbers sealings of the safari windows, and one rubber was replaced at my dealer and apparently it solved the problem. But today I discovered some humidity in the back of the car, close to the jack to lift up the car, so wondering if this isn't coming from the same leak.
Thank you Jean , got. the Same Problem, Talk to my dealer.

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Not raining here so not likely. I live in north Queensland and it’s dry season. Other than raining ash from bushfires there’s no water in the air!!!!

Back
Top Bottom