The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:43 AM
Reaction score
Tazzieman,
looks like you were answering my question as i typed…

so my gutters do drain, but in a way that might be why some cars have the foot-wash. It is not a well designed drain.

would love to know how many people have water running from front gutter corner down A pillar, and if so, the foot wash.
and conversely, if your gutters remain full till overflow, do you not have footwash?

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The fix is a redesigned door seal, but these are in very short supply by the sounds of it. Some dealers have been re-bonding the door seals back on or cutting slits in the old seals as a temp fix.

It’s all down to the door seals coming un-stuck near the bottom of the door and letting water in between the two seals.
Just for info, my door has the water track in from higher up, and it accumulates lower down. You can see drips down the space between the 2 seals quite clearly. May not be the same for everyone though, and i havent had too many ocurrences, because of garaging and dry weather lately in sydney.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
are you also getting the door lower sill filling?

*or add a very small gargoyle….
The former? No.

The latter - a very good solution. Perhaps someone with CAD skills could do a mini Sir Jim head with a tongue poking out?
I'd buy one. In fact 2, as the other side is also faulty.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
The former? No.

The latter - a very good solution. Perhaps someone with CAD skills could do a mini Sir Jim head with a tongue poking out?
I'd buy one. In fact 2, as the other side is also faulty.
Yep, put me down for 4, back corners also for symmetry!
Belgians of course need a mannekin pis gargoyle, French may prefer notre dame style gothic… endless possibilities!

acwiltshire

Grenadier Owner
Local time
2:43 PM
Reaction score
For those of you with 'wet feet' I may suggest that you check under your floor covering - I had been away and so the car had been standing for 10 days and during some very heavy rain. Obviously after this I expected wet feet but I also noticed that there was squelching coming from the passenger floor.

Upon removing the trim I found around 1cm of water in the footwell, and removing the bung only helps a bit if the vehicle is level as it still pools in the front corner. My deduction is that this isn't coming from the bulkhead but tracking over the internal door seal at the bottom OR building so high between the seals that it runs over the internal seal at some point.

I need to park with the nose up rather than down for the moment until I get a response back from the Agent on what will happen next

Some pics attached for referenceView attachment 7822968View attachment 7822970View attachment 7822971View attachment 7822973View attachment 7822974View attachment 7822975View attachment 7822976View attachment 7822977
Hi Simon Where did you get to with this issue. Mine had it from week 2 noted by the tracker installer. Recenlty went for the safari roof drain nand replacement door seals . I now have the wet foot wash that I didnt have before ans STILL the water ingress.
Dealr has told me to cut a hole in bottom of door seal for now , before ther next seal re-issue. thx Simon Devizes

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:43 PM
Reaction score
Hi Simon Where did you get to with this issue. Mine had it from week 2 noted by the tracker installer. Recenlty went for the safari roof drain nand replacement door seals . I now have the wet foot wash that I didnt have before ans STILL the water ingress.
Dealr has told me to cut a hole in bottom of door seal for now , before ther next seal re-issue. thx Simon Devizes
Hi, I cut the bottom of the door seals and this has fixed the issue for now - newly modified seals are on back order and seems it may be a long wait from what I understand

JamesCatto

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
As you can hopefully detect from the freeze fram from the video, any vehicle that has a wave/sheet of water exit the vehicle when you open the door like that has a problem.

It’s only a 15 second clip and it’s too large to add on here I’m afraid.

Looks like it’s only me who has this problem then, but as I always say, if I didn’t have bad luck I wouldn’t have any luck !!!

It gets added to the list then for the agent.
So am I the only one with the boot rinse option ??

RHD, drivers door

The UK has seen some decent rainfall in the last couple of days. After this I have noticed (it’s hard not to), when the drivers door is opened that a wave of water gushes out from the bottom door cill and rinses your shoes, or boots off, whilst this may be handy to some people, it’s just another niggle that I have come across, and another one I don’t favour to be honest.

It is clearly coming in higher up and then being held by the lower door seals which are doing their job but in reverse if you get my drift. The water is being captured ready for the poor driver to open the door and get the full on Ineos boot rinse function.

Whilst this is annoying my thoughts have gone to, what if the vehicle is left for a few days, will this eventually back up and flood the drivers footwell ??

Where is it coming from ? I wonder based on purely a hunch is it anything to do with the RAI (which mine has)

Just taken a still from a video, hopefully you can see the water coming out as the door is cracked open.
I have the same problem and it is getting into the drivers footwell (rhd) I will be speaking to dealer when he takes it in for software update next week.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I collected my Gren Friday at and it just so happened to by pouring down here in SEQLD. I can attest to the "wet feet" issue. Both front doors when opened has a large amount of water cascade down. I'll be adding this to my fix list. New seals will be required.

As for upper roof edge, mine seemed to drain ok on the Friday but I didn't pay to much attention to it because it was simply very wet and hard to determine if ponding is occurring post rain event. I'll test this this on flat ground with a hose tomorrow.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Today is another very wet day here in SEQLD. I'm out and about I'm going to see if the invoice of vehicle forward or back makes any difference with the amount of water ingress to the front door seals.

Edit. Right now I just finished driving about 30 minutes through average rain fall, not a drop in the lower seal areas... suggesting wind pushing water towards the back of roof line does not allow water is so easily and seems to be related to parked vehicles where rain gets a chance to pond and run via the front of the roof lip.

2nd Edit. Ok drove through pouring rain late this arvo and both doors were completely backed up with water. Had to empty both before parking in garage tonight. As it is still raining here, I am certainly not leaving the Gren out.

Last edited:

Hannes01

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:43 PM
Reaction score
As proposed from someone earlier in this thread I did purchase this small hose to push within the outer seal (just pushing it in the free room, no cutting needed)
Since then no water ingress noticable.

You have a photo how to fit?

Tarheel

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are there any Grenadier owners out there that do not have front door seal issue/water ingress? If so, please respond. Just trying to see how prevalent the issue is.

Solmanic

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Are there any Grenadier owners out there that do not have front door seal issue/water ingress? If so, please respond. Just trying to see how prevalent the issue is.
Mine are fine. I checked the bottom seals on all doors when I collected my vehicle and did indeed have to push the front ones properly into place. We had some decent rain over the past couple of days and no water is getting trapped behind any seals. I keep checking the seals and so far none have stretched and bowed out like others have reported. All are still neatly in place. No safari windows.

I do however have a small leak through the top of the large rear door seal which is running down the inside face of the door glass.

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Tazzieman,
looks like you were answering my question as i typed…

so my gutters do drain, but in a way that might be why some cars have the foot-wash. It is not a well designed drain.

would love to know how many people have water running from front gutter corner down A pillar, and if so, the foot wash.
and conversely, if your gutters remain full till overflow, do you not have footwash?
This issue affects my vehicle. In the rain here recently, this drain and set up allowed water to literally drop down the A Pillar directly in to the footwell, on to the door windowsill arm rest and to the side door control panel. My gutters do however drain very well, just in to, the wrong places!!! I also have free feet washing after any rain!

Local time
Reaction score
This issue affects my vehicle. In the rain here recently, this drain and set up allowed water to literally drop down the A Pillar directly in to the footwell, on to the door windowsill arm rest and to the side door control panel. My gutters do however drain very well, just in to, the wrong places!!! I also have free feet washing after any rain!
Check your silks as they fill up too

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Check your silks as they fill up too

I had the cills fill up on an Old Ford Ranger years ago, like you have mentioned on another thread it was obvious something was going on as it sound like I was driving a milk tanker. It was not immediately obvious to me where it was coming from but once I identified the problem I just pulled out two rubber bungs under the cills and a good bucket full came out, I wasn’t particularly bothered as I paid 60 TIMES less than I did for the IG !!!!!

@CountyV8, is there similar bungs for the IG, how did you drain it ?

Back
Top Bottom