The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:34 PM
Reaction score
As proposed from someone earlier in this thread I did purchase this small hose to push within the outer seal (just pushing it in the free room, no cutting needed)
Since then no water ingress noticable.

Hi bemax. Has this been a good fix now after another couple of weeks. I ask because Amazon just delivered my 4mm air hose and will install on both front doors if you still think a decent fix.

Danke

richardknight

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
My agent had it confirmed from Ineos today that modified door seals are the solution but they are of course on back order. In the meantime I have been advised to cut a slit in the bottom of the door seal to prevent it overtopping into the footwell during heavy rain (see my earlier post about how much water was under my flooring).

Guess I won't be doing any wading for a while!
Re the front door seals, my car was just in for the software update and a few other bits, one of them being the ‘Wet feet’ issue on both sides. Dealer solution was a temporary fix to cut two triangular shaped slits in the outer seal under the doors. He said that replacement seals are on back order which is a tad annoying because I’ll have to take the car back when the new seals are available. It’s a half day job to drive there and back so he must think I’ve got nothing better to do than make multiple trips to get issues resolved.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
8:34 PM
Reaction score
he must think I’ve got nothing better to do than make multiple trips to get issues resolved.
My dealer also made me drive several times, some months ago twice the same day: was there, wanted to pick up my car, no "tomorrow", went home, and half an hour later called me: "car is ready". :mad:
The difference is that it is only half an hour driving for me.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:34 AM
Reaction score
Re the front door seals, my car was just in for the software update and a few other bits, one of them being the ‘Wet feet’ issue on both sides. Dealer solution was a temporary fix to cut two triangular shaped slits in the outer seal under the doors. He said that replacement seals are on back order which is a tad annoying because I’ll have to take the car back when the new seals are available. It’s a half day job to drive there and back so he must think I’ve got nothing better to do than make multiple trips to get issues resolved.
If he doesn't have the replacement seals then he can't fit them.
It isn't as if he has them, but just decided that he would rather modify your existing ones, just to inconvenience you.
My dealer is a 281 km drive from me.
Before i decided to move home the dealer was only 6 kms away.
Not the dealers fault i moved.

richardknight

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It isn't as if he has them, but just decided that he would rather modify your existing ones, just to inconvenience you.
Glad I don’t live that far away or I’d have got it in writing that he had all of the parts in stock. A half day to take the car in and another half day to collect it means a full day off work. I’m a day rate contractor so taking the car in costs me a lot of money. Also been waiting 4 months for the software update so could have waited another month or two for the seals to be availabl, Or I could have cut the seals myself if I thought that was the Fix. Basically I think he called me in to do the software because that was on his TO-DO list. It’s just less than ideal😉

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Glad I don’t live that far away or I’d have got it in writing that he had all of the parts in stock. A half day to take the car in and another half day to collect it means a full day off work. I’m a day rate contractor so taking the car in costs me a lot of money. Also been waiting 4 months for the software update so could have waited another month or two for the seals to be availabl, Or I could have cut the seals myself if I thought that was the Fix. Basically I think he called me in to do the software because that was on his TO-DO list. It’s just less than ideal😉
Richard, that's exactly my situation. I booked my car in for the software and other bits. I also enquired about any other recalls.

Their priority was the Software Update and nothing else. I am very pleased with the software , but I have to go back again for all the other recall items. My guess is that Ineos, have requested the agents fix the software then do the rest at THIER convenience.

RYAustralia

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Got Winston back today.

1. Centre console software updated successfully.

2. Body module firmware update has been put on hold in Australia until regional rules on airbag deployment etc are programmed into that release. No ETA.

3. Passenger door striker adjusted by 1mm. Door closes same as others now and wife is happy.

4. Side steps installed. Wife is happy.

5. Air con pipe condensation in tropical heat - dripping at heater seal is the issue causing wife’s wet feet on trips. They have a fix - reasonably big job to get to though as they have to remove part of the dashboard and heater ducts so they are ordering parts in before commencing in case they break any of the plastic clips etc.

6. Australian parts warehouse still not open for another 1-2 months so all parts are shipping from overseas (2-3 week delivery).

7. Side indicator on raised air intake temporarily stuck on with adhesive to hold it there, pending the proper factory versions for Australia. No EtA on those.

Main thing. The beast is back, and most of the bongs are gone !!

Local time
Reaction score
Great to hear you are getting there with your Grenadier.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Happy wife - happy life. (y)

Lollo050968

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Got Winston back today.

1. Centre console software updated successfully.

2. Body module firmware update has been put on hold in Australia until regional rules on airbag deployment etc are programmed into that release. No ETA.

3. Passenger door striker adjusted by 1mm. Door closes same as others now and wife is happy.

4. Side steps installed. Wife is happy.

5. Air con pipe condensation in tropical heat - dripping at heater seal is the issue causing wife’s wet feet on trips. They have a fix - reasonably big job to get to though as they have to remove part of the dashboard and heater ducts so they are ordering parts in before commencing in case they break any of the plastic clips etc.

6. Australian parts warehouse still not open for another 1-2 months so all parts are shipping from overseas (2-3 week delivery).

7. Side indicator on raised air intake temporarily stuck on with adhesive to hold it there, pending the proper factory versions for Australia. No EtA on those.

Main thing. The beast is back, and most of the bongs are gone !!
Point 5. is interesting, my dealer didn’t know that there’s a solution 😡

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
When I picked up my car a week ago I was told the sunroof seals had been replaced.
We had a fair bit of rain today. There is water dripping onto the dash on the passenger side (as before).

Also when I got back in after a lunch out , water poured from above onto the sill. Very pleased I didn't spec carpets. Now tell me this , where does the rain gutter drain to?
When I poured water in , it just sits at the front trim piece and overflows down the front of the door.
This pic shows a gutter full to the brim with water that just sits there,
If I was Jim , I'd be rolling eyes and making sure heads were rolling.
I live in the 2nd driest capital of Australia , so you lads who live on the big island , pack your widest brimmed hat...

EDIT: now the squall has passed I can report the drain channel is a 2.5mm slot in the rubber trim. The gutter fills up and when you get in, the side tilt tips the water on your sill, or in Dave's case , his John Lobbs. Looks like this will be a regular cleanout job in the future. Or I just leave the trim piece off.
One other point. The rubber trim piece is held onto the gutter with a single sheet metal screw. And salt/acid rain etc is going to rust that hole pdk!

20231014_151158.jpg

20231014_151255.jpg

Attachments

• gutter.jpg
    gutter.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

trobex

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
When I picked up my car a week ago I was told the sunroof seals had been replaced.
We had a fair bit of rain today. There is water dripping onto the dash on the passenger side (as before).

Also when I got back in after a lunch out , water poured from above onto the sill. Very pleased I didn't spec carpets. Now tell me this , where does the rain gutter drain to?
When I poured water in , it just sits at the front trim piece and overflows down the front of the door.
I live in the 2nd driest capital of Australia , so you lads who live on the big island , pack your widest brimmed hat...

EDIT: now the squall has passed I can report the drain channel is a 2.5mm slot in the rubber trim. The gutter fills up and when you get in, the side tilt tips the water on your sill, or in Dave's case , his John Lobbs. Looks like this will be a regular cleanout job in the future. Or I just leave the trim piece off.
One other point. The rubber trim piece is held onto the gutter with a single sheet metal screw. And salt/acid rain etc is going to rust that hole pdk!

View attachment 7829602

View attachment 7829603
Far out... piss poor design and effort there IA. Definitely a long-term issue but as you said, leaving the trim off or / AM option may be the only fix? Water going 'in' to a vehicle is a shi* outcome and funny that was not picked up in the millions of miles of testing...???

Reactions: CB

JonSutton

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Perhaps worth thinking about the way Ineos have decided to trade in the UK. We buy from Ineos Automotive, we are their customers. Their agents are just that.
We are only an agents‘ customer when we buy something from them like a vehicle service, accessories or parts, etc. The agents are totally dependant upon Ineos to get parts to them in a timely manner, approve warranty work, etc. Warranty work is for Ineos, not us, even though we are the beneficiary.
I cannot fault the agent we’ve used but there is clearly some issue getting parts. I’ve been waiting nearly two weeks for a light switch which isn’t a critical part, but it makes me wonder about VOR parts availability.
Any pressure/push needs to be against Ineos in my opinion.

Reactions: CB

FlyingTrotter

Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks - first time I have seen the clips showing the issue - it’s incredible for a £70k plus vehicle - you guys are amazing putting up with that with the good grace most are exhibiting - IA are very fortunate to have such an understanding customer base - not sure I would see that as a downside of being an early adopter - software gremlins yes but not the water issues

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score

View attachment 7829602

View attachment 7829603

Tazzie I was looking at this the other day. My drive is virtually flat and I have noticed that the gutters are filling up and from the front first going towards the back, so just like you say, you get in and the vehicle tilts and covers you in rain water.

I was 200yards down the road after leaving the house the other day and water was still cascading out of my gutters.

Long term I see a rust trap up there !!

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks - first time I have seen the clips showing the issue - it’s incredible for a £70k plus vehicle - you guys are amazing putting up with that with the good grace most are exhibiting - IA are very fortunate to have such an understanding customer base - not sure I would see that as a downside of being an early adopter - software gremlins yes but not the water issues
Have to say if I experienced the "water fall" I would be very unhappy. Ineos hopefully have fixes for the early adopters ASAP.

Shaky

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:34 PM
Reaction score
The fix is a redesigned door seal, but these are in very short supply by the sounds of it. Some dealers have been re-bonding the door seals back on or cutting slits in the old seals as a temp fix.

It’s all down to the door seals coming un-stuck near the bottom of the door and letting water in between the two seals.

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
The fix is a redesigned door seal, but these are in very short supply by the sounds of it. Some dealers have been re-bonding the door seals back on or cutting slits in the old seals as a temp fix.

It’s all down to the door seals coming un-stuck near the bottom of the door and letting water in between the two seals.
Partly. When the gutter doesn't drain (watch it after you pour water in), the only place it can go is over the edge.
The drain channel is too small and will block up very quickly unless the car is a garage queen or you live in places where it never rains.
I plan to regularly ream the channels with strimmer wire - and hope for a long term fix
My door seals are fine.

James

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

tazzieman,Ive been looking at this too. I think quite a lot of the water that fills up the door gap between seals is starting from the gutter, which, when draining, seems to flow tight against the car body from that plastic/rubber corner part on the A pillar.
ive been wondering abouot sealing the corner piece on the bodywork side, and carving a low point on the outer face*, so that water tends to flow/drip outwards, rather than run down. Im waiting to see what ineos do, but this seems like both a big part of the problem (and the gutter shower bonus you mention!) and also a relatively easy fix. Im just not rushing to effectively glue it on in case they re-design it.
are you also getting the door lower sill filling?

*or add a very small gargoyle….

Back
Top Bottom