The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

Barttraeger

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:38 PM
Reaction score
So am I the only one with the boot rinse option ??

RHD, drivers door

The UK has seen some decent rainfall in the last couple of days. After this I have noticed (it’s hard not to), when the drivers door is opened that a wave of water gushes out from the bottom door cill and rinses your shoes, or boots off, whilst this may be handy to some people, it’s just another niggle that I have come across, and another one I don’t favour to be honest.

It is clearly coming in higher up and then being held by the lower door seals which are doing their job but in reverse if you get my drift. The water is being captured ready for the poor driver to open the door and get the full on Ineos boot rinse function.

Whilst this is annoying my thoughts have gone to, what if the vehicle is left for a few days, will this eventually back up and flood the drivers footwell ??

Where is it coming from ? I wonder based on purely a hunch is it anything to do with the RAI (which mine has)

Just taken a still from a video, hopefully you can see the water coming out as the door is cracked open.
Just seen this after writing a similar post. Seems I have this boot wash option too but mine is on a LHD drivers door!

BillyBunter

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:38 PM
Reaction score
Just seen this after writing a similar post. Seems I have this boot wash option too but mine is on a LHD drivers door!
Most of us seem to have this on one door or the other. Ineos Customer Help said to me on Friday the dealer can sort this. So I’m going to call them next week. Dealer knows about it as he got wet feet when he opened a door a few weeks ago. Fortunately this is my only problem.

Miles

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I've raised this with my dealer as I have the 'boot wash' from the drivers door with water also noticed on the bonnet release catch on the passenger side and he said he is awaiting notification of the fix from Ineos. Can you update us following your conversation with your dealer.

Mitchell300

GG-741
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My dealer, Grange in Edinburgh, called today for a follow up on how I was getting on with the Grenadier. I mentioned the boot wash issue with the drivers door and a section of the door seal being loose. They took note of these and said it would get done when the vehicle is in for the software update. Date not known.
I also have the steering wheel issue being off centre, that will also be done then.

Edit: Date not known.

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
also noticed on the bonnet release catch on the passenger side and he said he is awaiting notification of the fix from Ineos.
Can you just explain what this issue is?

Miles

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Can you just explain what this issue is?
Hi I appear to have water on the bonnet release catch in the passengers footwell, I am not sure if this is door seal related or another issue but this is only noticed following rainfall when the 'boot wash' also happens.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
Hi I appear to have water on the bonnet release catch in the passengers footwell, I am not sure if this is door seal related or another issue but this is only noticed following rainfall when the 'boot wash' also happens.
Do you have Safari roofs?

Reactions: PBD

Eric

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Splashing from the "boot wash"??

Reactions: PBD

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:38 PM
Reaction score
Yes, I do have the safari roofs and have looked closely around these and can't see an issue but it's difficult to trace
Try to look higher in your car if you feel wet places.
And put your blower on at highest strenght, and feel if water drops come out of the vents.
I felt the drops in my face.
And the last thing: once it stops raining, take out the safari window, dry the gutter and tap gently on the rubber gasket in the roof, to see if water droplets come out.

Last edited:

Miles

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Try to look higher in you car if you feel wet places.
And put your blower on at highest strenght, and feel if water drops come out of the vents.
I felt the drops in my face.
And the last thing: once it stops raining, take out the safari window, dry the gutter and tap gently on the rubber gasket in the roof, to see if water droplets come out.
Thanks for the guidance, I’ll look at this when my car returns from the dealer

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
My car is parked slightly uphill, which means it is parked with the front higher. This makes the safari windows quite horizontal, so that the water does not run off but remains standing.

Good for testing but bad for my interior.

View attachment 7822632

foto added
Your residence reminds me a little of the Hotel Del Coronado in the film 'Some Like it Hot'

Ges

Local time
Reaction score
My dealer, Grange in Edinburgh, called today for a follow up on how I was getting on with the Grenadier. I mentioned the boot wash issue with the drivers door and a section of the door seal being loose. They took note of these and said it would get done when the vehicle is in for the software update. Date not known.
I also have the steering wheel issue being off centre, that will also be done then.

Edit: Date not known.
My dealer also Grange but in the Midlands said the same to exactly the same issues..... makes you wonder if they actually did a PDI prior to our hand overs? 🤔 🙈

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
Are Hedin actually incorporating the "feature" in their advertising now?

View attachment 7826512
View attachment 7826511
You can also look at it positively. No water penetrates into the footwell. Swiss marketing ;)

Back
Top Bottom