The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Wet feet

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:36 PM
Reaction score
For those of you with 'wet feet' I may suggest that you check under your floor covering - I had been away and so the car had been standing for 10 days and during some very heavy rain. Obviously after this I expected wet feet but I also noticed that there was squelching coming from the passenger floor.

Upon removing the trim I found around 1cm of water in the footwell, and removing the bung only helps a bit if the vehicle is level as it still pools in the front corner. My deduction is that this isn't coming from the bulkhead but tracking over the internal door seal at the bottom OR building so high between the seals that it runs over the internal seal at some point.

I need to park with the nose up rather than down for the moment until I get a response back from the Agent on what will happen next

Some pics attached for reference20230809_115913.jpg20230809_120012.jpg20230809_120736.jpg20230809_121600.jpg20230809_132156.jpg20230809_132224.jpg20230809_132557.jpg20230809_132554.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
6:36 PM
Reaction score
For those of you with 'wet feet' I may suggest that you check under your floor covering - I had been away and so the car had been standing for 10 days and during some very heavy rain. Obviously after this I expected wet feet but I also noticed that there was squelching coming from the passenger floor.

Upon removing the trim I found around 1cm of water in the footwell, and removing the bung only helps a bit if the vehicle is level as it still pools in the front corner. My deduction is that this isn't coming from the bulkhead but tracking over the internal door seal at the bottom OR building so high between the seals that it runs over the internal seal at some point.

I need to park with the nose up rather than down for the moment until I get a response back from the Agent on what will happen next

Some pics attached for reference
Do you have the Safari Windows?

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Hi Jean, no I do not - and I checked everywhere around the bulkhead
Hmm ... only the passenger floor, therefore:
  • perhaps the passenger door seal, but I guess you checked that.
  • or the front window of the car: lacking or damaged glue at the passenger side, but this is robotized (putting the glue); placing the [EDITED] window is still a manual action (two people with suction handles).
Only thinking aloud ... :unsure:

Last edited:

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score

Some pics attached for reference
Simon,

can you please edit this post and insert all your pictures in full-size format? (there are edit buttons to do it: "select all" and "full size insert"), just three clicks.

The reason is that I (and others) can then print it as a PDF which includes all the photographs. That way, we can print and hand it to my agent.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Simon C ~ Can I ask about the floor coverings? Have they absorbed any of the water or are they completely impervious?

If I've understood you correctly, the drain holes aren't in the lowest part of the floor when parked level? 😖

Last edited:

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Simon,

can you please edit this post and insert all your pictures in full-size format? (there are edit buttons to do it: "select all" and "full size insert"), just three clicks.

The reason is that I (and others) can then print it as a PDF which includes all the photographs. That way, we can print and hand it to my agent.
Is there a good reason why this couldn't be the Forum default for all posts, and people could opt out if they really wanted to? 🤔

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
Let's try to call for @Stu_Barnes by mentioning him.
If you drag and drop an image it is included in the body of text for the post.

If you click the upload icon and select the relaxant image it uploads as a thumbnail with the subsequent choice of inserting it into the message text.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
Thanks, Stu, I know. But I think DCPU (and me as well) wanted them to print even if someone doesn't embed them in the text area.

I support this because many, if not most forum members don't know that the photos don't appear in a PDF if they just upload them without explicit insertion or dragging into the text area. So the question is: is it possible to print always them regardless of how they were attached/inserted?

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
And BTW, the "genie in a bottle" trick apparently works. :)

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
But I think DCPU (and me as well) wanted them to print even if someone doesn't embed them in the text area.
I was thinking more of embedding them in the text area as the default. So it's not just for printing but also viewing/scrolling.

I think (?) I understand the reason that embedding them eats more data and is sensitive to bandwidth speeds but I thought there's a "light" version of the Forum available for anyone with these issues.?

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
@Simon C ~ Can I ask about the floor coverings? Have they absorbed any of the water or are they completely impervious?

If I've understood you correctly, the drain holes aren't in the lowest part of the floor when parked level? 😖
Floor covering absorbed and retained the water, not sure its supposed to but mine has some holes in it so if you squeeze it squirts the water out. I left them out in the sun to dry out.

Lowest part of the floor when parked level is the front corner of the footwell where the electrics are! Drain plug only helped a bit. Also the water drains down the trim screw holes when you take them out and this may go into a box section, not sure but it certainly didn't come out underneath.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
I was thinking more of embedding them in the text area as the default. So it's not just for printing but also viewing/scrolling.
Or this. Agree.

emax

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local Group Moderator
Local time
Reaction score
@Simon C Thank you for having embedded the fotos in your post.

Now it's a nice documentation for my agent. (y)

Attachments

• WetFeet.pdf
    371.2 KB · Views: 57

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Floor covering absorbed and retained the water, not sure its supposed to but mine has some holes in it so if you squeeze it squirts the water out. I left them out in the sun to dry out.
Well that confirms my suspicions. Wasn't happy to see the plastic film covering on the rear; if all they do is soak up water and act as sponges then that's really not fit for purpose.
Lowest part of the floor when parked level is the front corner of the footwell where the electrics are! Drain plug only helped a bit.
Those electrics seem completely incompatible with the hose out philosophy. It seems the drain plugs are more a marketing gimmick than an actual useful function. Perhaps the fact that nobody at the factory noticed the pins fall out of all of them also illustrate that you are not really supposed to use them. They're more for bragging rights down the pub. 🤬
Also the water drains down the trim screw holes when you take them out and this may go into a box section, not sure but it certainly didn't come out underneath.
Something else to add to the list of things to check out.

Last edited:

Miles

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anybody had an update on this, as my 5 seat SW has the same issue. I have flagged this with the dealer who has suggested that only one of their other clients has had a similar issue with over 60 cars supplied by them to date.

DCPU

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anybody had an update on this, as my 5 seat SW has the same issue. I have flagged this with the dealer who has suggested that only one of their other clients has had a similar issue with over 60 cars supplied by them to date.
I would have suggested maybe that's because all the rest have moved to a dealer with a different attitude.

Simon C

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Still pending a response on what to do from Ineos - in the meantime when it rains hard I go out and open the doors occasionaly!

Back
Top Bottom