The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Side step | available aftersale option

Local time
5:38 AM
Reaction score
I ordered new side steps from Urban in the UK, their dual pipe version which I think are going to look great. They arrived from England via DHL to Florida last Friday and should be delivered on Monday. Hope to get my Fieldmaster by the end of the month. It is in country just waiting on word from my dealer, Crown Ineos of Clearwater Florida.
I'm in the same position, expecting my Trialmaster in a couple weeks at Crown. I'm considering the Urban Black Shadows also. After 2 test drives, I determined the Ineos side steps offered more potential injury than help when getting in/out, particularly on the driver-side where thee grab-handle is in the middle of the door, rather than on the "A" pillar. Do you know if the Urban steps will extend out from the body a little more so you can get a foothold without wedging your foot under the truck body? When you get yours, please update the thread with your impressions.

Local time
Reaction score
I am really only looking for a side-step right now. If I start looking at more hard core overlanding or going to places where rock will be an issue, I will absolutely be swapping out these side-steps which are designed for the more urban driving experience.

The fact that the ones from Urban are fabricated in the UK is a huge plus for me as I try and avoid spending my coin on things made in an enemy country such as China.

I realize due to the vast number of products they produce I can not completely avoid China as a supplier, but I prefer to spend a little more and keep my business in places that are friendly to me and my country.

I did add the side-steps on my build order ( I didn’t know they were made in China),but I understand they are a dealer installed item and will delete the upon delivery and order the Urban ones instead.
View attachment 7832429
Where you able to try the Urban steps on a Grenadier before ordering or did you order on spec?

Local time
Reaction score
Urban told me they will ship free to USA.
One can hope, but I find this dubious.
Your opinion is yours, but ...

It has already been said several times on this forum: "please don't start or continue political discussions".
This is a global forum for individuals, interested in the Grenadier and sharing all kind of things about the car, this forum is not intended for political opinions.That China is an enemy of the USA is not an opinion, it is an unrefutable fact. That aside, mMy post was not intended to be political and it is unfortunate you saw it as such. I have no desire to engage in political discussion on this forum. My intent was to clarify why I would not be purchasing an add on part branded by Ineos due to the country of origin of that part.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:38 PM
Reaction score
My objection isn’t to the quality of the materials or manufacture. It is funding our enemies. And if you don’t think China & the CCP are the enemy of the free world, I’d say you need to sharpen up on world affairs. No offense intended, just saying.
Thanks for pointing out my naivety and of course you are absolutely right; I have torn the Chinese visa out of my passport, cancelled my subscription to the New York Times and signed up to Fox News instead.

Last edited:
Local time
Reaction score
Your opinion is yours, but ...

It has already been said several times on this forum: "please don't start or continue political discussions".
This is a global forum for individuals, interested in the Grenadier and sharing all kind of things about the car, this forum is not intended for political opinions.
My intent was not to engage in discussions of politics, but to clarify the reason I would like purchase this add on accessory from some other source than Ineos due to their decision of county of manufacture. It is unfortunate you saw it as having any hint of politics, as I have no desire to engage in political discussions on this form. Those discussions rarely lead to good places, nor do they change hearts and minds.
What is a fact for you isn't a fact for all other people in the world. That is why such a discussion doesn't belong to this forum

What is a fact for you isn't a fact for all other people in the world. That is why such a discussion doesn't belong to this forum.
How about we stop this "political" discussion now by agreeing to disagree?

Local time
Reaction score
Thanks for pointing out my naivety and of course are absolutely right; I have torn the Chinese visa out of my passport, cancelled my subscription to the New York Times and signed up to Fox News instead.
I said IF you were unaware of the facts about the CCP you should become more informed, not that you were naive. Please do not put words into my posts that are not implied.

But at least we do speak "sarcasm" as one of our languages. We have that in common. But that is likely about all there is.

Local time
Reaction score
The friendly folks at Urban quickly confirmed the following specs for their single tube side step: 76.2 mm (3 inch) tube with 1.5 mm (~16 gauge) wall thickness.

Andiamo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The friendly folks at Urban quickly confirmed the following specs for their single tube side step: 76.2 mm (3 inch) tube with 1.5 mm (~16 gauge) wall thickness.
How does that compare to the factory side step option?

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:38 AM
Reaction score
Sliding back to steps & rock sliders, not sure if this vendor has come up before but they are offering some hard to get accessory options including the Abntr4x4 and LeTech rock sliders in Aus. Anyone have experience with them?
https://www.4x4outdoortuning.com.au/ineos
Nearly 5K Australian Dollars/3.1K US Dollars for Rock Rails? Seems excessively expensive compared to Jeep/Bronco parts

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
I just got a quote for the letech boards. $2500 shipped. Black Sheep looks like $2700 or so. Doable but I want it to be a buy once cry once situation. Haven't heard back from Buzz yet. I am not interested in the Urban's. Anyone have a favorite so far? I suppose I can go for the factory steps for the wife and kids but want to get the most durable. Not doing rock bashing but I like the protection and live with a bunch of short people who use the steps.

JOB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:38 AM
Reaction score
Sidesteps UK steps fitted this afternoon - 15 minute job, bolted straight on and quality seems good. They are supposedly Made in the UK (no doubt with Chinese steel) and can be had at the moment with a decent Black Friday discount. I didn't want steps at first but it is sometimes embarrassing watching people, particularly customers, clamber in and out!

Untitled by Jack O'Brien, on Flickr

P.S. It doesn't always look clean, I promise.

Bruce

Global Grenadier #51
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
2:38 AM
Reaction score
Sidesteps UK steps fitted this afternoon - 15 minute job, bolted straight on and quality seems good. They are supposedly Made in the UK (no doubt with Chinese steel) and can be had at the moment with a decent Black Friday discount. I didn't want steps at first but it is sometimes embarrassing watching people, particularly customers, clamber in and out!

Untitled by Jack O'Brien, on Flickr

P.S. It doesn't always look clean, I promise.
Price is great. For something along these lines in the US I'd imagine I'd have to wait for a US manufacturer to make something.

Reactions: JOB

RyanT

Supporting Vendor
Local time
Reaction score
I just got a quote for the letech boards. $2500 shipped. Black Sheep looks like $2700 or so. Doable but I want it to be a buy once cry once situation. Haven't heard back from Buzz yet. I am not interested in the Urban's. Anyone have a favorite so far? I suppose I can go for the factory steps for the wife and kids but want to get the most durable. Not doing rock bashing but I like the protection and live with a bunch of short people who use the steps.
Hey Bruce, Just sent you a PM.

Rab

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Sidesteps UK have a sale on their steps atm £200 or more off depending on design.

Back
Top Bottom