The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Side step | available aftersale option

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:35 PM
Reaction score
Exactly so design it be a great side step. As it sits now it is to high to be a good side step and useless as off road protection so why did they make it this way? Looks? It is useless product in my eyes.
And for the look , people will get a suspension lift/ taller tyres!
They'll need some of those electric folding steps. And I'll wager that will happen soon.

Local time
7:35 AM
Reaction score
I ordered new side steps from Urban in the UK, their dual pipe version which I think are going to look great. They arrived from England via DHL to Florida last Friday and should be delivered on Monday. Hope to get my Fieldmaster by the end of the month. It is in country just waiting on word from my dealer, Crown Ineos of Clearwater Florida.
Shipping cost to FL from the UK. I gotta think at least $150.

Rubicon Maybe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
6:35 AM
Reaction score
And for the look , people will get a suspension lift/ taller tyres!
They'll need some of those electric folding steps. And I'll wager that will happen soon.
I reached out to Rock Slide Engineering about the possibility of their Rock Slider Steps being developed for the Grenadier. Their response was that it was not on their radar now nor apparently in the future. A shame actually as I used them on my lifted Jeep Rubicon and find them to be excellent except for maybe grade 8-10 rock bashing

Local time
Reaction score
I am really only looking for a side-step right now. If I start looking at more hard core overlanding or going to places where rock will be an issue, I will absolutely be swapping out these side-steps which are designed for the more urban driving experience.

The fact that the ones from Urban are fabricated in the UK is a huge plus for me as I try and avoid spending my coin on things made in an enemy country such as China.

I realize due to the vast number of products they produce I can not completely avoid China as a supplier, but I prefer to spend a little more and keep my business in places that are friendly to me and my country.

I did add the side-steps on my build order ( I didn’t know they were made in China),but I understand they are a dealer installed item and will delete the upon delivery and order the Urban ones instead.
IMG_1217.jpeg

holdmybeer

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:35 AM
Reaction score
I try and avoid spending my coin on things made in an enemy country such as China.

I realize due to the vast number of products they produce I can not completely avoid China as a supplier, but I prefer to spend a little more and keep my business in places that are friendly to me and my country.

Mark, that's a completely reasonable and decent thing to do, especially for those of us fortunate enough to afford a Grenadier ... clearly we are not "poor" and have some ability to choose what sort of companies and countries receive our money. Thumbs up to you.

I don't love it either but you're probably aware that a lot of the Grenadier is made from overseas parts. e.g. within the steering system alone, we have:
Steering Pump & Reservoir by Henglong (China)​
Steering System by Namyang Nexmo (South Korea)​
Steering Column Module by Shanghai JTR (China)​
More reading here: INEOS Grenadier Parts Suppliers

Bobby Mac

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Mark, that's a completely reasonable and decent thing to do, especially for those of us fortunate enough to afford a Grenadier ... clearly we are not "poor" and have some ability to choose what sort of companies and countries receive our money. Thumbs up to you.

I don't love it either but you're probably aware that a lot of the Grenadier is made from overseas parts. e.g. within the steering system alone, we have:
Steering Pump & Reservoir by Henglong (China)​
Steering System by Namyang Nexmo (South Korea)​
Steering Column Module by Shanghai JTR (China)​
More reading here: INEOS Grenadier Parts Suppliers
So far I’ve noticed bits from….
USA
Spain
Australia
England
Germany
Poland
France
Mexico
Austria
China
Ireland
South Korea

making up the vehicle, and that’s only with a cursory look. I’m sure there’s more to add to the list.

Local time
Reaction score
USA
Spain
Australia
England
Germany
Poland
France
Mexico
Austria
China
Ireland
South Korea

making up the vehicle, and that’s only with a cursory look. I’m sure there’s more to add to the list.
Yes I am aware. You can’t build a complex item like a car without sourcing from lots of places. I do what I can, where I can.

Local time
Reaction score
All countries are enemies when it concerns business ...
Yeah, but business is one thing. Killing citizens ( via working to have illegal trespassers, import addictive
drugs, fentanyl, that are used in supposedly safe medicines to that kill people) is NOT business, it is espionage. And it has be proven China steals tech and employs illegal business practices is just another reason to shun giving them my money.

the OP posted the side-step he bought from Urban cost ( shipping included) about $400 MORE than the made in China Ineos version is money I will spend to stand on my principle. I mean $400 is dinner out for me and the wife, so I won’t miss it.

Shopkeep

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah, but business is one thing. Killing citizens ( via working to have illegal trespassers, import addictive
drugs, fentanyl, that are used in supposedly safe medicines to that kill people) is NOT business, it is espionage. And it has be proven China steals tech and employs illegal business practices is just another reason to shun giving them my money.

the OP posted the side-step he bought from Urban cost ( shipping included) about $400 MORE than the made in China Ineos version is money I will spend to stand on my principle. I mean $400 is dinner out for me and the wife, so I won’t miss it.
Reminds me how "Made in Germany", "Made in Japan", "Made in Korea" were once derogatory terms used by many to indicate low quality inferior products from backward countries. I was in Shanghai in September visiting a factory and its owner (an Australian of second generation Greek heritage) said there are only two places in the world where you can manufacture with no limitations on being able to source the best components: the USA and China. Most of the world has moved on from the binary notion that China = Bad / USA = Good.

Local time
Reaction score
Reminds me how "Made in Germany", "Made in Japan", "Made in Korea" were once derogatory terms used by many to indicate low quality inferior products from backward countries. I was in Shanghai in September visiting a factory and its owner (an Australian of second generation Greek heritage) said there are only two places in the world where you can manufacture with no limitations on being able to source the best components: the USA and China. Most of the world has moved on from the binary notion that China = Bad / USA = Good.
My objection isn’t to the quality of the materials or manufacture. It is funding our enemies. And if you don’t think China & the CCP are the enemy of the free world, I’d say you need to sharpen up on world affairs. No offense intended, just saying.

Local time
Reaction score
Geez mate , that would feed the whole extended family in Australia!
It would feed an entire tribe for a week in some parts of Africa, so what is your point? We have made good decision with our finances and sacrificed extravagance early in life (think $.25 ramen noodles for meals) so we could live as we choose in our later years. Spending is relative according to region, net worth, inflation and various other factors. What is expensive for one, may not be for another.
I mean we are on this forum where $80,000 vehicles are the norm. We could all get by with something much more economical, but we choose not to do that. I am not saying we spend that sum on every dinner out, but to do,so now and then is no burden on our budget.

my point is a $400 increase in the price of the Urban side-srep isn’t that much to stand by my principles to not help fund my enemy.

Have a great day!!!

zvakanaka

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score

In addition, the Urban unit is significantly better and a more attractive design then the Ineos version although I do agree with the other post that suggests they may not be great for serious off-roading which I'm not doing anyway (Fieldmaster) at least not to the extent that I'm in danger of caving in my lower frame panels and doors etc.

Local time
Reaction score
Hi Nixon_04, Urban Automotive is supposed to be making some side steps for the Grenadier. They have yet to show up on their website yet, however should be coming soon. Here's a link to their video on Youtube where they are showing some potential accessories. The side steps they are designing show up at approximately 21 min into the video. DaBull
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RS8XUgpSJks
The Urban Automotive "Black Shadow Twin Tube steps are available and can be seen at houseofurban.co.uk. They have a rep in the US and offer free shipping. The side steps Ineos is offering are horrible ankle busters. Would like to hear from anyone who has them.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:35 PM
Reaction score

Your opinion is yours, but ...

It has already been said several times on this forum: "please don't start or continue political discussions".
This is a global forum for individuals, interested in the Grenadier and sharing all kind of things about the car, this forum is not intended for political opinions.

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:35 PM
Reaction score
USA
Spain
Australia
England
Germany
Poland
France
Mexico
Austria
China
Ireland
South Korea

I can add at least:
Hungary
Brasil
Belgium

Back
Top Bottom