The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Let's get some perspective: Is your Grenadier AC working as it should?

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
Who else's AC is batsh1t crazy and randomly blows hot air one day and cold the next on the exact same setting? I don't think the AC system got the attention it deserved during the 1.2 million miles of road testing, that's for sure. I love my new truck but it's the one thing that drives me nuts on pretty much a daily basis as I fiddle away at the controls and I'm surprised Ineos haven't found a fix for it yet. I gather it's down to sticky solenoid valves or such like and is probably an expensive warranty concern for them.

It would be useful to set up a poll on this forum and get an idea of what percentage and numbers of owners here have flaky AC. This forum must represent a decent amount of the Grenadier owner population, perhaps it would help sharpen Ineos' perspective on the issue if it popped up on every Google search relating to Grenadier AC issues. I don't have the ability to raise a forum poll but maybe @Stu_Barnes would consider it a worthy exercise

chrsbe

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:10 PM
Reaction score
I have the same problem with the AC in manual mode with the same temp setting it can change from hot air to cold air without any changing of settings ,it seems that the AC system works like a 2 position switch hot air or cold air without any temperature control.
There is also some water dripping under the plastic from the central console (driver side LH drive), luckily i have rubber floor mats and the amount of water is rather small so it evaporates quickly.
Dealer knows about the problem but is waiting from info from Ineos.
Please keep us posted

Vote:
Upvote 0
Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
my AC has worked fine (4K miles on the odometer) until today and i noticed a loud sound when the fan is on. it's not in the interior vents front or rear but when i got out of the truck it sounds like it's coming from the right front side. I hope it's not the AC pump.
Anyone else experience this?

Vote:
Upvote 0

ANNML

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:10 PM
Reaction score
Mine has a high pitched buzz or whistle sound that starts after the fan is on high for awhile. If I turn back down for a second it immediately goes away, then I turn it back up to high and eventually the buzz starts again.

Vote:
Upvote 0

Skydance

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:10 PM
Reaction score
Mine has a high pitched buzz or whistle sound that starts after the fan is on high for awhile. If I turn back down for a second it immediately goes away, then I turn it back up to high and eventually the buzz starts again.
It’s normal. They all do it. The high frequency pitch on fan speed 4. I’ve had the heater fan changed and it’s still the same.

Vote:
Upvote 0

rovie

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:10 PM
Reaction score
It’s normal. They all do it. The high frequency pitch on fan speed 4. I’ve had the heater fan changed and it’s still the same.
I hadn't noticed that before. Maybe because I don't run the fan at the highest level. But I will try it out.

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom