The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Let's get some perspective: Is your Grenadier AC working as it should?

G-Man

Grenadier Owner
Local time
12:23 AM
Reaction score
Who else's AC is batsh1t crazy and randomly blows hot air one day and cold the next on the exact same setting? I don't think the AC system got the attention it deserved during the 1.2 million miles of road testing, that's for sure. I love my new truck but it's the one thing that drives me nuts on pretty much a daily basis as I fiddle away at the controls and I'm surprised Ineos haven't found a fix for it yet. I gather it's down to sticky solenoid valves or such like and is probably an expensive warranty concern for them.

It would be useful to set up a poll on this forum and get an idea of what percentage and numbers of owners here have flaky AC. This forum must represent a decent amount of the Grenadier owner population, perhaps it would help sharpen Ineos' perspective on the issue if it popped up on every Google search relating to Grenadier AC issues. I don't have the ability to raise a forum poll but maybe @Stu_Barnes would consider it a worthy exercise

bikesandguitars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
5:23 PM
Reaction score
Auto mode is designed to not work immediately.

The heater / air conditioner has to achieve the desired temp before it turns itself on automatically. At that point, depending on the interior temperature of the vehicle, it may blast hot or cold air for a few minutes to achieve the selected interior temp. After that, the fan speed should regulate to a much more comfortable setting - I.e., quiet. In the beginning of the blast cycle, you may experience a few seconds of unwanted hot or cold air as the lines, compressors, etc., clear out the stored ambient air.

Yes, it can take a few minutes, or longer, for the AC or heater to get to operating temps, especially on hot or cold days.

I leave mine on Auto year round as I’ve done with every car I’ve owned for the last couple decades. I don’t like blasting cold air on myself during winter and vice versa for summer waiting for the heater / AC to adjust.

Vote:
Upvote 0

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
7:23 PM
Reaction score
I leave mine on Auto year round as I’ve done with every car I’ve owned for the last couple decades. I don’t like blasting cold air on myself during winter and vice versa for summer waiting for the heater / AC to adjust.
This is how I'm living life as well

Vote:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom