The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Ineos forced to shut down production on supplier issue

Media starting to break that production of the IG is going to be paused until 2025 due to financial troubles at one of its suppliers.

The UK dealers were just told and mine told me today but I didn't post anything until I saw it starting to appear in the media. I cant see behind the paywall but I wonder if this is recaro?

Local time
12:54 AM
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_9699.jpeg
    IMG_9699.jpeg
    498.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9698.jpeg
    IMG_9698.jpeg
    400 KB · Views: 21
Local time
10:54 AM
Reaction score
You jest. They are the worst seats of any vehicle I have sat in 19 years. But that is my personal take on them!
Are you fat, fit or thin? I have a theory, that the more your body has the consistency of dough the more it contours to whatever vessel you plop it in, and the less you give a shit about adjustments.

Local time
Reaction score
On the bright side, maybe Ineos will release the manual and programming before it goes tits up!

I know I know, like every shezimm says, my optimism can be draining at times. It's why they leave me.

Local time
9:54 AM
Reaction score
Expensive projects in the chemical sector, worth several billion euros, combined with the ongoing crisis since early last year, are draining their funds. The nearly 2 billion euros of money transfers made in 2020 and 2021 are likely not feasible right now. Then, there are a few money-losing ventures to keep alive, such as Belstaff.

Sales figures remain low, even though there has been a slight improvement over the past two months. In Germany, we're talking about quantities of around +10 vehicles or so — nothing more. In the UK, things remain poor; only the U.S. market is still performing well.

Then there's talk of opening the Chinese market, but China has absolutely no relationship with this type of vehicle.

In my view, Ineos Automotive is lacking cash flow. Stagnating sales are not bringing in enough money to keep the machinery running. Additional funds are needed, which is currently difficult. Now, having a supplier problem could be both a blessing and a curse: a blessing because they can hide behind this issue, and a curse because it's a real problem that further strains cash flow.

AWo
steiner-rudolf.gif

ForceV4

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:54 AM
Reaction score
yea... like a

Huge sign of the Times. VW are in major trouble, who are threatening to layoff 30,000 in Germany. It is only the start, as cheap China crap is dumped in Europe.

We are all to blame for globalisation and need to be selective of what we buy.

On a positive, I think Ineos will weather the storm, but this is an opportunity to shift the cancelled orders in dealers. On Tuesday in Chandlers, Belton they had 8. One had been there for a very long time (15 months). Three were registered and had just been delivered from an Ineos compound and all at pre-increase prices.
I appreciate your insight here. If I had the money, I’d go down and scoop up another 2024 Grenadier from “off the lot” (we have about 20 in Colorado that were either abandoned orders or dealer allocations). In times like these we see the initial vigor and quality hit with “rational” cut backs in quality to stay alive. If you want one “they way they used to make them”, the time may be now. These ARE the good old days. - Mark

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
You jest. They are the worst seats of any vehicle I have sat in 19 years. But that is my personal take on them!
You view/opinion of the seats sits you squarely in the minority. I have used the lumbar support in my 200 series LC but have had no need for it in my Grenadier. Yes, I have had more than a few 10+ hour days in it.

LC0013

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Expensive projects in the chemical sector, worth several billion euros, combined with the ongoing crisis since early last year, are draining their funds. The nearly 2 billion euros of money transfers made in 2020 and 2021 are likely not feasible right now. Then, there are a few money-losing ventures to keep alive, such as Belstaff.

Sales figures remain low, even though there has been a slight improvement over the past two months. In Germany, we're talking about quantities of around +10 vehicles or so — nothing more. In the UK, things remain poor; only the U.S. market is still performing well.

Then there's talk of opening the Chinese market, but China has absolutely no relationship with this type of vehicle.

In my view, Ineos Automotive is lacking cash flow. Stagnating sales are not bringing in enough money to keep the machinery running. Additional funds are needed, which is currently difficult. Now, having a supplier problem could be both a blessing and a curse: a blessing because they can hide behind this issue, and a curse because it's a real problem that further strains cash flow.

AWo
If your a Billionaire does cash flow matter? Anyone can speculate however, some audited financials would be more precise.

Trialmaster

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:54 PM
Reaction score
I've installed 4 shelf brackets on the roofrack to support the 200x50mm sleepers I'm transporting over to build a seawall at our shack.
Works well

If you think the production stop further...a downward spiral starts. Stopping the production means also a stop for suppliers. Smaller ones and midsize ones (like Recaro themself) will suffer from that. That could mean a significant or even huge loss of income or even the death of suppliers, if their financial cushion (because of the overall automotive crisis) is already under tension. The may go bankrupt as a consequence or turn away from Ineos. That means Ineos may loose more than one supplier and that is something they will not be able to compensate. I strongly doubt that Ineos has the will and the power to keep all of their suppliers happy by helping them to cross the gap.

AWo
AWo - have you bought a Grenadier? Curious?

Local time
Reaction score
If your a Billionaire does cash flow matter? Anyone can speculate however, some audited financials would be more precise.
You do realize, that being a "billionaire" is total wealth of your possessions and assets, not cash right? Elon was worth 4x the over inflated twitter sale price, but needed bank loans and fellow investors to purchase it. If not, he would have needed to divest of 44b in tesla stock, flooding the market and driving tesla stock down, further deflating his wealth.

It's a tough life being a billionaire. I thank my father every day, that I was born good looking instead of rich.

Local time
Reaction score
If you think the production stop further...a downward spiral starts. Stopping the production means also a stop for suppliers. Smaller ones and midsize ones (like Recaro themself) will suffer from that. That could mean a significant or even huge loss of income or even the death of suppliers, if their financial cushion (because of the overall automotive crisis) is already under tension. The may go bankrupt as a consequence or turn away from Ineos. That means Ineos may loose more than one supplier and that is something they will not be able to compensate. I strongly doubt that Ineos has the will and the power to keep all of their suppliers happy by helping them to cross the gap.

AWo
The extent depends on how much warehousing of parts they do v JIT manufacture. The thing is, warehousing parts has an expense associated with it, that when compare to keeping the lines moving to fulfill existing and expected orders asap when the seats are available, seems odd. Its seats, and nonpowered ones at that. The last part to be installed. Everything would keep moving. If it really looks like recaro is going to be that far out on delivery, they need to switch seats. Making brackets is simple. The biggest fly I can see is crash testing with the new seats, as they have the airbags. THAT may be a back breaker. Maybe the airbag supplier cut off recaro.

Last edited:

AWo

Local time
4:54 PM
Reaction score
You can not throw all the money, JR own's himself, what is in the chemical business, what is in IA, what is in assets, etc. in to one pot. And you can not transfer money between organization just as you like it. There are legal and tax issues related to the kind of organization, maybe the one or other bank has to agree etc. Just because JR owns billions (cash or bound in assets, companies, etc?) doesn't mean Automotive have access to this money and can spend it and spend it right now....if his private money is in the game, why were there at least two known huge money transfers from the chemical business to IA in 2020 and 2021? And why are there "rumors" that Ineos is not paying bills (

There seems to be a lot of theories about Ineos not paying their bills and going broke etc.

) if there is an endless flow of money to Automotive...?

AWo

Stu_Barnes

Grenadier Owner
Fixer & General Dogsbody
Local time
7:54 AM
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom