The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How long are you expecting to keep your Grenadier?

How long are you planning on keeping your Grenadoer

• Total voters

Tonyh

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
Was one of first to order and probably one of the last to take delivery, that said it had its first service not too long ago even though I hadnt had it for a year!
Had a host of the usual initial software issues but all were eventually sorted and car is now as it should be.
That said, went to try to tow with it recently and the brake lights would not work on my trailer. All my other towing cars are fine but for some strange reason the Ineos simply will not behave.
I absolutely love the car and all of its weaknesses, steering lock, fuel consumption to name but two.
I would love to keep the car but if the towing issue isn’t sorted very soon am afraid it will have to go.
Massive thumbs up for Bowkers Ineos as you couldn’t ask for more from any Garage.
Fingers crossed its fixed soon but getting back to the original question of how long do you intend to keep it - providing the towing issue is sorted the car will be with us for the long term……it really is that good.

Chuck Gaskin

Grenadier Owner
Local time
11:29 PM
Reaction score
I have had my Grenadier for just over one year now and it's becoming part of the family. I feel that it drives better now than when it was new.
I originally purchased it hoping that it has been "Built to Last" and I can keep it for many years. I feel that a well built vehicle that can be repaired and that will last for many years must be better for the environment than scrapping cars / electric cars after 6 to 10 years.
Obviously the service manual will be super useful once it's outside of the manufacturers warranty 🤞
I plan on keeping for a long time unless I have more problems. I had an air conditioning problem and had to pay out of pocket to fix the problem because it’s a 5 hr drive to dealer. If I have another prob and dealer refuses to transport or pay to have it fixed I’ll bail and buy something else. Have heard that the Tampa dealer is more responsive to help than Regal in Atlanta. I’ve referred 3 friends to Tampa instead of Regal Atlanta. They don’t even have a working phone system when you call. Piss poor service for sure.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
I am the same age as you and the same intention. I do not know how long I am permitted to drive according to regulation on driving licenses. There are intentions in the government to make license holders a regular test. So my intention is to keep and drive the Grenadier as long as I am safely able to and may be pass it on in the family.
We have to get a medical test every year once over 80
So the doctor makes the decision not the government.

Tam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
As long as this 5'3" gal doesn't shrink in old age and I can still climb in I'll keep the Grenadier as long as I can. I may have to install the electric steps since my husband says I am now 5' 2 3/4". :cautious::p

Tu Sugars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
It's a no brainer - a forever keeper for me. At least until my steering starts to wander and my left foot intrudes and I start to make bong sounds.
Mine, "Cedric" has been to all states and territories, including a cruise to Tasmania. He has occasionally been petulant with bings, bongs, weird screen messages and sticky door buttons - Cedric is approaching 30K and getting more laid back and cruisy. The only thing that annoyed him was a smack from a Nissan! While in WA, Albany, so far from home, an old bloke (older than me) backed into the starboard quarter just behind the fuel filler. Cedric took the bang very well, but since it is the panel beaters, they all have differing opinions on the repair. Fully insured, they want a motza, and as we know, parts might take a while. I chatted with my agent, who also noted my repairs to the windscreen. His comment was - 'ah yes, short supply.'
I have taken a sensible approach; I won't bother washing Cedric externally and trust the factory paint! I shall shake out his mats, feed him diesel, and clean his windows. My Grandson can worry about that. Young Jack, aged 6, has already told me Cedric can live with him. I think that is a good solution as we await any pending new ideas and options from INEOS for the #2 or 3 model. What we do know is that Scottish White looks okay when dirty, and the present "dint" does give Cedric some street cred ... He is not a school bus or a Toorak tractor.

ErnieB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:29 PM
Reaction score
Hi ErnieB - ah you have joined the "Leaking Transfer Case / Failed Drive Shaft Seal" club :) Replacing the seals in August. Own a 96 Discovery ... the leaking transfer case was an issue with her for a long time. The SLC dealer has a good reputation from some Forum members. All the best and let us know what the Dealer says.
Ha ha! Not a club I'm happy to join! I'm hoping my dealer has the seal in stock and can get me up and running quickly. They have a loaner Grenadier on hold for me which I greatly appreciate.

AUDIOBUS

Grenadier Owner
Local time
10:29 PM
Reaction score
If a single cab Quartermaster (Eighthmaster!) (without a chicken tax) comes along, then this is my second to the last car… yeah yeah, a guy can dream, can’t he?

Tu Sugars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
If a single cab Quartermaster (Eighthmaster!) (without a chicken tax) comes along, then this is my second to the last car… yeah yeah, a guy can dream, can’t he?
I do not sit in the second-row seats; of course, I have no friends, a long bin would be wonderfully good for me and the dog. The grandson won't mind the dog on his lap!

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:29 PM
Reaction score
Mine, "Cedric" has been to all states and territories, including a cruise to Tasmania. He has occasionally been petulant with bings, bongs, weird screen messages and sticky door buttons - Cedric is approaching 30K and getting more laid back and cruisy. The only thing that annoyed him was a smack from a Nissan!
I think he deserves this badge...after being hit by a Nissan (y)Not quite sure what Model this is off but he would look good wearing it...the Badge of honour :love:

Attachments

• s-l400.jpg
    s-l400.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 5

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Stu.. can we have a poll on how old people are.. I think we may have the oldest group of new car buyers in existence. I tip the scale at 60 and feel like a youngster here.

I used to keep two daily driver cars, one sporty and one for utility. A while back I got rid of the sports cars (but bought a motorcycle). I thought my 2019 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4 with the 6.2L engine was my final vehicle until an elderly lady in a Subaru ran a light and ate $18K of my front end. While that was spending 6 wks healing in the body shop, saw an IG, went to the dealer that weekend (30 minutes away) and bought one off the lot. So now this will be my final vehicle I think. My concern will be hefting my way into the IG at an advanced age. I went with bigger tires and a lift which didn't help, I better just hold on to my OEM tires and springs for the later years.

It is my daily driver. I don't mind the steering, got the stereo tuned correctly, and I'm 80% of the way done with adding the farkles*. I'm in Texas near the refineries, I bet we will always have cheap gasoline here.

*Farkle is an acronym for Fancy Accessory Really Kool and Likely Expensive. They are custom items motorcycle enthusiasts install on their bikes.

Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
We've been driving it for a year now. It suits us well and we would like to keep it.
Let's see how it behaves on long journeys, a lot of them remotely.
The technical and emotional potential is enormous, so we are accompanying it patiently through the "childhood illnesses" in the hope that we will get it suitable for world travelling. The signs are inproving, that it will do so.
The robust and manageable structure of this car and its driving behaviour are impressive particularly in comparison with other new cars in this category. Ineos and the distriputors have endeavoured to live up to this claim.
And we enthusiastic owners are delighted to own one and look forward to every kilometre driven on our ever-increasing radius of movement.
And yes, we are also looking forward to a repair manual and a readout device. That's probably essential when you spend weeks and months driving remotely.
It's like in real life, if you work hard on a subject, it sometimes can happen, that destiny leaves you a little present.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Hey Stu.. can we have a poll on how old people are.. I think we may have the oldest group of new car buyers in existence. I tip the scale at 60 and feel like a youngster here.

You mean something like this…….

Not surprising you missed it. I was 58 back then and turned 60 a couple of weeks ago. 😉

Reactions: Max

Tazzieman

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
Reaction score
*Farkle is an acronym for Fancy Accessory Really Kool and Likely Expensive. They are custom items motorcycle enthusiasts install on their bikes.
We have a similar word with a different meaning.
Farnarkling
Australian slang
"to spend time or act in a careless or inconsequential manner; waste time"

GN4HIR

Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
Wow.. 30 pages of age data. Can someone work that into an Excel spreadsheet and then chart it.. It will need to be someone stuck indoors with nothing to do for a whole day.

Reactions: Max

Dr. John

Grenadier Owner
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
My Trialmaster is two weeks off one year old with 6,000 miles on the clock. I vacillate between returning the vehicle and putting up with a myriad of trivial faults. I've spent far too much time, too frequently, driving to and from the service agents. The agent admits to taking back many of these cars from disgruntled customers. This bus was marketed too early (and what a publicity machine Ineos have!). I can live with the terrible steering and the spare wheel obscuring the rear view (NB my Shogun had a low mounted spare with a rear bumper cut out, plus rack and pinion steering).

I note the secondhand prices are dropping. Perhaps this is because we are seeing speculators bailing out, as well as returns for various reasons.

My use splits 60% domestic car driving, 35% towing, hauling feeds, building materials, and dogs, and 15% serious rugged stuff whilst deer stalking and bird watching. Most of that the Grenadier was designed for. My friend’s new Defender is a better “car” and would function well for my other needs. However, his LR is now on its second replacement engine in 8,000 miles. I cannot afford to risk breakdowns he has had.

I keep my cars quite a while. My MG Midget I’ve had 52 years, from new. I only got rid of my Shogun when Mitsubishi pulled out of the UK. If I keep the Grenadier long term I’ll probably buy an electric runabout to negotiate ULEZ traps and small car parking spaces.

bigleonski

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Wow.. 30 pages of age data. Can someone work that into an Excel spreadsheet and then chart it.. It will need to be someone stuck indoors with nothing to do for a whole day.

Again, done. Might I introduce you to @Jean Mercier whom I think is the forum statistician. 😉

Bloody newbies. 😂😂😂😂😂😁

Back
Top Bottom