The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How long are you expecting to keep your Grenadier?

How long are you planning on keeping your Grenadoer

• Total voters

Jimbo

Grenadier Owner
Local time
3:20 AM
Reaction score
I do not like saying Greny as it sounds like granny. I like Cedric. Told my husband maybe I should give mine an English sounding name. He says call it Churchill. No. Maybe Cuthbert or Nigel or I could just go with Winston or Maggie. 🧐 This girl's Scottish White doesn't get washed much either. 😁
Mine is Endeavour

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
I do not like saying Greny as it sounds like granny. I like Cedric. Told my husband maybe I should give mine an English sounding name. He says call it Churchill. No. Maybe Cuthbert or Nigel or I could just go with Winston or Maggie. 🧐 This girl's Scottish White doesn't get washed much either. 😁
Braveheart…not a bad name for a dirty little Scottish White girl :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Tu Sugars

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:20 PM
Reaction score
Cuthbert is a name with some nostalgic mystery... a tad of old-world charm.

CRH

Grenadier Owner
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
I've been watching Hamish MacBeth on Amazon, from when I was young. The red haired character 'Esme' could be a good name for a Scottish lady. You already have the white paintwork and just need to have a red wrap on the roof, perfect!

• Haha
Reactions: Tam

Hicarus

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:20 AM
Reaction score
A few days off....... and how this thread has grown! :eek:

There's a few giving names for their Gren, something I've been pondering for a while. All sorts of tags come to mind and then get dumped for all sorts of reasons but the latest has lasted longer on the possibles list than any of the others.

I tripped over it in some research I was doing. BOUSTROPHEDON is the latest. It appears to be either Ancient Greek or Hindi depending on your source and translates as "In the manner of an ox turning." which seems kind of appropriate, somehow. Bit long and something of a mouthful though, hence the continued contemplation.

Tam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
1:20 AM
Reaction score
A few days off....... and how this thread has grown! :eek:

There's a few giving names for their Gren, something I've been pondering for a while. All sorts of tags come to mind and then get dumped for all sorts of reasons but the latest has lasted longer on the possibles list than any of the others.

I tripped over it in some research I was doing. BOUSTROPHEDON is the latest. It appears to be either Ancient Greek or Hindi depending on your source and translates as "In the manner of an ox turning." which seems kind of appropriate, somehow. Bit long and something of a mouthful though, hence the continued contemplation.
That is too funny!😂 I would so steal that idea if I actually thought I could pronounce it properly or get it out before I was buckled up. :LOL: Yeah, I would suggest you mull over that a bit longer. However, shortening it to Boustro does have a ring to it. It would be a great story to give the full name when someone asks how you came to it!

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
This girl's Scottish White doesn't get washed much either. 😁
The Scottish White and the Magic Mushroom can go the distance without having a bath...they don't change colour just different shades:ROFLMAO:
🫢Sir, that’s just a little much for this American girl’s sensibilities. Treat my truck with a little respect. 😏 🤪
;) Sorry to offend and I will respect your girl the same as I do my own Scottish White girl which I intend to do for as long as I am looking after her and then I hope one of my children or Grandchildren grab the reins...happy motoring(y)

Tam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
The Scottish White and the Magic Mushroom can go the distance without having a bath...they don't change colour just different shades:ROFLMAO:

;) Sorry to offend and I will respect your girl the same as I do my own Scottish White girl which I intend to do for as long as I am looking after her and then I hope one of my children or Grandchildren grab the reins...happy motoring(y)
I hope your kids or grandkids will love it as much as we do. But after we put some serious miles/kilometres on them! 😁

TanisIndependentTraders

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Cuthbert is a name with some nostalgic mystery... a tad of old-world charm.

Cuthbert Rumbold says don't worry about the ADAS; it will ride up with wear.
Screenshot 2024-07-24 at 9.08.31 AM.png

• Haha

AUDIOBUS

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score

For all you Scottish White Owners: Asino! (azino) a breed of white donkey from... ok they're from Italy not UK, France or Germany.

"AZINO!! Azino, you are so stubborn! But you will not leave me stranded, no? No."

Wasserpferd...waterhorse... which may or may not be a real German word... a tribute to the leaking doorseals... an ode to Lochness...Kelpie...

I could go on, but thankfully, I won't.
~AB

Max

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I haven’t decided yet if this is a pro or con for Cuthbert. You going to take a crack at clouding my Nigel option as well? :LOL:
If I hang on to my Trialmaster until Tam names her Scottish White Girl, I might have had it longer than I thought :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: No pressure and what gender is she... ;) Nigel?

• Haha

S52

Local time
Reaction score
I keep it as long as I can. But I am not sure it will become an evergreen as a classic landrover or a Toyota. I think the engine is a bit to high tech to keep him forever and up grade and maintain him for everlasting

Agreed. I would like to be able to keep mine for my lifetime... but I am being more realistic in my expectations. With all the computers and modules in any modern car nowadays once those systems fail or require new capacitors etc who knows if any parts will still be made or supported for them. Sadly we are now a throwaway society.

Unlike my two RRC's (1975 and 1977) which are already approaching 50 years of age and so long as they are cared for should still be up and running long after I depart this world.

Back
Top Bottom