The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How long are you expecting to keep your Grenadier?

How long are you planning on keeping your Grenadoer

• Total voters

LeftCoastOverland

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
Would love to keep it forever, but I’m sure life situations will require some flexibility. 10 years and I’ll start to break even on er.

Reactions: Max

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
5:29 AM
Reaction score
Wow.. 30 pages of age data. Can someone work that into an Excel spreadsheet and then chart it.. It will need to be someone stuck indoors with nothing to do for a whole day.
That was my last update, one year ago:
The average age of Grenadier buyer

I am still waiting to reach 300 inputs to make an update.

Last edited:

Logsplitter

Photo Contest Winner
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
4:29 AM
Reaction score
I intend to keep our petrol Grenadier as long as possible and tend to keep most of our vehicles a long time , the reasons that would make me consider selling are of it started to be unreliable or too many faults or if Ineos came out with a single cab pick up/chassis cab as I would be real keen on one of these as a camper conversion.
So far I’ve done over 18k miles and absolutely love driving it. As an early adopter chassis no 1163 i had some teething problems that I found very frustrating at first , especially the power steering pump issues in the first 1k miles Im real glad I stuck with it though as all niggles sorted now.
It’s plenty powerful and fast enough for me, is very comfortable and off road it can go everywhere I want to go. Definitely a keeper 😍. On top of that I would consider another Ineos vehicle and was very keen on a fusilier until they shelved its production for now.

Local time
1:29 PM
Reaction score
Lifetime for me. As I'm 72, that could be 20 or so years. Had it since Sept '23, now has 26000km on the clock. Love it - as someone else said earlier, I think it is driving better now than when I bought it. I've just returned from a 9000 km trip through Vic, SA, the NT, Qld and NSW pulling a boat and camping gear. It never missed a beat - as you will see from the trip meter, 9002km, averaging 90km/h, using 16.3 l/100km. Excellent!!
Thank you, Sir Jim.

Attachments

• 20240625_233800.jpg
    20240625_233800.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 19
  • 20240621_082847.jpg
    20240621_082847.jpg
    4.3 MB · Views: 19
  • 20240623_115716.jpg
    20240623_115716.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 19

Lemon35

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
I spec'd and took delivery with the intent to keep this vehicle for 20+ years. I held onto my 22 year old TJ for the first 7 months of Grenadier ownership, as a hedge against the first generation having too many faults.

The Gren proved its reliability to me over hundreds of off road miles and thousands of highway miles. I absolutely love the truck and its character. Finally let the Jeep go in June.

GrenADV

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
11:29 PM
Reaction score
I plan to keep my grenadier for a lifetime and pass along to my son. As someone else already stated on here - I believe this vehicle is poised to become a classic. I’m 38 years old and have to pinch myself each and every time I drive it. This has been my dream vehicle since I was a 5 or 6 years old and saw the Range Rover classic that my moms boss owned, and the LR camel trophy trucks.

Catpaw4x4

GG 4101
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Lifetime for me. As I'm 72, that could be 20 or so years. Had it since Sept '23, now has 26000km on the clock. Love it - as someone else said earlier, I think it is driving better now than when I bought it. I've just returned from a 9000 km trip through Vic, SA, the NT, Qld and NSW pulling a boat and camping gear. It never missed a beat - as you will see from the trip meter, 9002km, averaging 90km/h, using 16.3 l/100km. Excellent!!
Thank you, Sir Jim.
Yeah QR!!!! My "cousin" downunder!

Jean Mercier

GG#920
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I think these numbers will have the designers and engineers swooning, and the marketers and bean counters shitting themselves.

View attachment 7864206
Not sure ...
They know that forum members are a very special category of Grenadier owners! Most of us are "believers".

A lot of customers are ordinary users and will replace the car when suitable: better options, changed regulation, etc.

101turbogas

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have had my Grenadier for just over one year now and it's becoming part of the family. I feel that it drives better now than when it was new.
I originally purchased it hoping that it has been "Built to Last" and I can keep it for many years. I feel that a well built vehicle that can be repaired and that will last for many years must be better for the environment than scrapping cars / electric cars after 6 to 10 years.
Obviously the service manual will be super useful once it's outside of the manufacturers warranty 🤞
I fell the same, my car is so much better now it has 400 + miles on it and a few small adjustment to my liking. It will be interesting to see if INEOS will offer an extended warranty after 5 years. Sadly I think this will be the last vehicle built to this standard that is affordable to buy and run. Good on you sir Jim.
A normal legacy car maker will never build a car like this now , as they want to sell you another one every 3 years. I would love to still be running this car in 10+ years.

Mjolnirs

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I took delivery of mine on January 14th 2024.The plan is to keep my Grenadier for 5 to 7 years then trade it in for a new one. Would like to see what advancements have been made,if any and if not that's ok too. I love how unique it is. I live in North Jersey (USA) and have only seen one other in a parking lot off of rt208...then again,plans do change and I might hold on to it.

Reactions: Max

Ralphzim

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I have had my Grenadier for just over one year now and it's becoming part of the family. I feel that it drives better now than when it was new.
I originally purchased it hoping that it has been "Built to Last" and I can keep it for many years. I feel that a well built vehicle that can be repaired and that will last for many years must be better for the environment than scrapping cars / electric cars after 6 to 10 years.
Obviously the service manual will be super useful once it's outside of the manufacturers warranty 🤞
It took me 3 years of persistence to obtain my Grenadier -arrived in May '24 - the first one in Zimbabwe!! After 4000 km including a trip to Luangwa in Zambia, I am very happy with it (the nanny features can be annoying!) This is our retirement present to us, so not expecting replace it!

Tam

Grenadier Owner
Local time
8:29 PM
Reaction score
Mine, "Cedric" has been to all states and territories, including a cruise to Tasmania. He has occasionally been petulant with bings, bongs, weird screen messages and sticky door buttons - Cedric is approaching 30K and getting more laid back and cruisy. The only thing that annoyed him was a smack from a Nissan! While in WA, Albany, so far from home, an old bloke (older than me) backed into the starboard quarter just behind the fuel filler. Cedric took the bang very well, but since it is the panel beaters, they all have differing opinions on the repair. Fully insured, they want a motza, and as we know, parts might take a while. I chatted with my agent, who also noted my repairs to the windscreen. His comment was - 'ah yes, short supply.'
I have taken a sensible approach; I won't bother washing Cedric externally and trust the factory paint! I shall shake out his mats, feed him diesel, and clean his windows. My Grandson can worry about that. Young Jack, aged 6, has already told me Cedric can live with him. I think that is a good solution as we await any pending new ideas and options from INEOS for the #2 or 3 model. What we do know is that Scottish White looks okay when dirty, and the present "dint" does give Cedric some street cred ... He is not a school bus or a Toorak tractor.
I do not like saying Greny as it sounds like granny. I like Cedric. Told my husband maybe I should give mine an English sounding name. He says call it Churchill. No. Maybe Cuthbert or Nigel or I could just go with Winston or Maggie. 🧐 This girl's Scottish White doesn't get washed much either. 😁

Coullabus

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
Reaction score
I do not like saying Greny as it sounds like granny. I like Cedric. Told my husband maybe I should give mine an English sounding name. He says call it Churchill. No. Maybe Cuthbert or Nigel or I could just go with Winston or Maggie. 🧐 This girl's Scottish White doesn't get washed much either. 😁
Mines called Maggie :)

Bayford

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I intend to keep the Grenadier for as long as legislatively it remains a viable daily driver. Back in the 90's I used to change Lard Rover Discoveries every couple of years when the warranty ran out as they became expensive and troublesome to keep going. In 2001 I bought a Landcruiser intending to do chop it in a few years later when it started to go wrong. Twenty pus years and half a million miles later I am still waiting for a non consumable item to pack up on it. UK Legislation really stopped the Landcruiser being a viable daily driver for me. I could cope with paying the ULEZ on the odd trip to London which was fairly well publicised - I got fed up with roadwork diversions taking me round the outskirts of Bristol, Bath, Birmingham, Portsmouth, Southampton and wherever else and only finding out that they charged older cars when fines for £100 a pop arrived through the post a month later. I figured within a few years I would be fined every time I left farm in the car.

Toyota had stopped selling proper Landcruisers in the UK when I was looking for a new vehicle and the design philosophy of the Grenadier with a separate chassis, hose out interior and pre-wired accessory points appealed to me in a way that nothing else on the market did. My Grenadier has had its teething problems (most arising from its not being properly earthed) but is a great vehicle - its a comfortable daily driver, hands free phone set up works well enough for me, the engine has enough poke to overtake slowcoaches, it plugs through thick wet mud pretty well, with no carpets the interior is easy to keep clean and it doesn't tow badly. It is a car that does everything I need it to do and most importantly makes me smile when I drive it. I have a strong feeling that in a few years time we will all be banned from buying something as good as the Grenadier in the UK because environmental legislation will kill everything that makes the car what it is and on those grounds I hope the Grenadier lasts as long as the Landcruiser.

Nick Turley

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I love our Grenadier having done 14500 miles in it - we want another as an addition, but will not purchase until the service manual comes out and this stupid "cannot reset the service light" issue is sorted. I t was always promised as a you can service it yourself vehicle. Ineos are sidestepping this important point and will be challenged legally.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
I love our Grenadier having done 14500 miles in it - we want another as an addition, but will not purchase until the service manual comes out and this stupid "cannot reset the service light" issue is sorted. I t was always promised as a you can service it yourself vehicle. Ineos are sidestepping this important point and will be challenged legally.
As IG has signed up to the motor ombudsman, that should be the first course of action.
Let us know how you get on

Back
Top Bottom