The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

How fast have you gone?

Jeremy996

Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
I understood that the Grenadier was electronically governed to 99mph, so they did not have to specify more expensive tyres, (not an uncommon trick).

I tend to stick to the speed limits; it is a big brick and will make a serious hole in the scenery if it comes off the road. I do tend to do the limit as indicated by the sat nav app, so 73mph on the dash display, and 70mph dead on Waze. 130kph on the Autoroutes in France was quite fast enough, thank you. As drag increases by the square of the speed, more speed is equal to a lot more fuel being burnt.

If I feel the need to go fast, I'll drive the Morgan - 70mph feels heroic!

TD5-90

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Founding Guard
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
If we were caught at those speeds here, (except for the Northern Territory) we'd be automatically disqualified from driving for up to 12m, fined anywhere between A1000 and $2700 plus 6 demerit points.... 🙄
Poor guy ;-)

MileHigh

That Guy
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
95mph in traffic. I-25 is getting nuts. Stable as could be. Beyond top speed, I’m really impressed how well it builds speed above 70mph, uphill, at 9,000 ft. It’s not ‘fast’, but it sure isn’t slow. The engine and transmission and programming really work well together.

lagartoboy

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:00 AM
Reaction score
Austin TX has a toll road with 85 mph speed limit, and lots of folks go faster. I decided to test max speed and got it to 103 mph. It felt like the governor software kicked in at that speed. I slowed down, then speeded back up three times and each time I was limited at 103 mph.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Austin TX has a toll road with 85 mph speed limit, and lots of folks go faster. I decided to test max speed and got it to 103 mph. It felt like the governor software kicked in at that speed. I slowed down, then speeded back up three times and each time I was limited at 103 mph.
Assuming the governor is actually at 99 as the literature states, and the ~4% error in the speedo exists at that speed as well, this would be right on the dot

bemax

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
9:00 AM
Reaction score
Assuming the governor is actually at 99 as the literature states, and the ~4% error in the speedo exists at that speed as well, this would be right on the dot
It is like you wrote. the max speed is the 100 mph / 160 km/h GPS-speed.

e_k_powell

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah that section of Route 130 is probably what you are talking about. If you are doing less than 90 mph you better be in the right hand lane. The Grand Parkway (the 3rd loop around Houston) is similar. While the speed limit isn't 85 mph that is probably the average speed. Back when the world shutdown in March/April of 2020 for covid I needed a break one day and just grabbed my keys and left and told my wife I'd be back in an hour and just went for a drive. The Grand Parkway was empty of cars so I opened the 911 up and hit 144 mph and decided that was probably when I needed to back off. I figured if I got pulled over I would just start coughing a lot and tell the cop I was positive for covid and he probably shouldn't come too close.

Bradysdad

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced their speedo being off? I know that BMWs speedometers are typically 3%-4% faster than you are going and I found the same with my IG. Drove it home from dealership following my wife in our truck which is spot on for speed. She was doing 75 and my IG showed 79 on speedo.

anand

Photo Contest Winner
Forum Moderator
Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Has anyone experienced their speedo being off? I know that BMWs speedometers are typically 3%-4% faster than you are going and I found the same with my IG. Drove it home from dealership following my wife in our truck which is spot on for speed. She was doing 75 and my IG showed 79 on speedo.
As with many new vehicles on the road, about 3-4% faster than actual

Back
Top Bottom