The Grenadier Forum
Register Now for enhanced site access.
INEOS Agents, Dealers or Commercial vendors please contact admin@theineosforum.com for a commercial account.

Harry’s Farm and Garage. Why does Harry Metcalfe hate the Grenadier?

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
10:02 AM
Reaction score
I am always puzzled by reviewers who say a full sized pickup is too big for UK roads.

Amazon delivery drivers drive down every road in the country every day.

A transit van is wider and longer than a full sized pickup, but somehow the next day delivery always arrives.

Youre absolutely right. I used an L2 transit custom as a daily driver for years. Plenty of tradesmen use full size vans (transits, crafters, sprinters etc). No you don’t want to them into a multi storey or a BK drivethrough.

Where I live most of the roads are single track with passing places. Every car is too big unless we all drove Citroen ami’s or LCC Rockets.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
Yeah, actually, me too.

Just wish it had a 1te payload to make it viable from a Tax point of view in the Uk
Yeah.
The problem is the weight of the vehicle.
GVM is limited to 3500 kg by UK law, so to meet UK laws and have a 1 tonne payload the vehicle itself would need to weigh less than 2,500 kg.
The body seems to be fairly light, so you would need to take weight out of the chassis and drivetrain.
You would need to take about 150 kg out of the vehicle

255/85

Grenadier Owner
Forum Donor
Local time
2:02 AM
Reaction score
Harry mentions the GVM limit but hints at the vehicle's ability to carry more. At least that's what I got from it. Down on the farm you can do whatever you want.

DaveB

Grenadier Owner
Local time
7:02 PM
Reaction score
Harry mentions the GVM limit but hints at the vehicle's ability to carry more. At least that's what I got from it. Down on the farm you can do whatever you want.
The Brisbane dealer does an upgrade from Australian 3,550 kg to 3,800 kg just by changing the springs.
1726261617861.png

Baron von Teuchter

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah I wonder if they would ever consider selling say a 4te version in the UK.

Obviously you’d need a 7.5te licence but I believe it’s possible to have some vehicles over 3500kg without a tacho - I’m sure there’s a tax class for things like library vans or ex military 7500 trucks that don’t require a tacho.

landmannnn

Grenadier Owner
Local time
Reaction score
Yeah I wonder if they would ever consider selling say a 4te version in the UK.

Obviously you’d need a 7.5te licence but I believe it’s possible to have some vehicles over 3500kg without a tacho - I’m sure there’s a tax class for things like library vans or ex military 7500 trucks that don’t require a tacho.
Any vehicle under 7.5T only requires a tacho if used for commercial purposes.

So correct, an IG, horsebox, campervan etc between 3.5 and 7.5t are all exempt if just for personal use.

ECrider

Grenadier Owner
Lifetime Supporter
Local time
Reaction score
I had a wonderful woman comment to a couple of women with her as she was walking past in a car park, loud enough for me to hear.
She said she didn't understand why anyone needed such a large, caveman type vehicle.
I replied that I was over compensating for an average size appendage.
Her friends laughed.
Should have just clubbed her on the head and dragged her back to the man cave.

Back
Top Bottom